What Television Shows Are You Watching?

Green_Lantern

Forum Moderator
Staff member
So instead of having a brand new topic for every single TV show people happen to be watching at the time, I figured a single thread about all of them would be much better. Just like the "What are you playing" and the movie one.

So feel free to discuss anything television related in here.

As for me, I just started watching Psych the other day and I'm already into Season 3. It's such a great show. I've also been finishing up the West Wing, which is probably the greatest show ever written.

Just watched How the Universe Works on Netflix. Really messing with my head. Some of the stuff science has discovered seems insane. Like no way is reality anything like what that show discovers. Mind blowing, really.

***Spoiler-filled convos (on shows where that applies) should be taken to their own topic, please. Like the Walking Dead topic, or like we do for games.***

Anyway, is it weird if my wife and I like American Idol? We didn't watch it regularly until a few years ago, and we often don't even make it all the way through the season before giving up on it, but we kinda like it! We've tried The Voice and other music competition shows but they just seem off slightly. Idol has a better format, I guess. And better production. The judges this year are pleasant and inoffensive too, so that helps.

It's just good background tv, man.

...Instead of just posting a big list I'll come back later and highlight another show.

I don't watch Saturday Night Live all that regularly, but damn Melissa McCarthy killed it tonight. I saw one of her last episodes, and she was great then too.

Do cartoon or anime work? Cause Space Dandy is awesome! Also i like the new Archer season approach.

And MLP...

Just got into Breaking Bad, On Season 4 Episode 8. ALmost done and I wouldn't mind if some characters got bumped off.

used44 said:
Anyway, is it weird if my wife and I like American Idol? We didn't watch it regularly until a few years ago, and we often don't even make it all the way through the season before giving up on it, but we kinda like it! We've tried The Voice and other music competition shows but they just seem off slightly.
I've watched a few seasons of American Idol and I've also watched The Voice. The Voice is just stupid because they're already professional musicians. It's really about who NBC Universal can dress up and play like a puppet. It's also about selling a shit load of records of songs that the artists performing have no claim to.

I seriously could never stand American Idol though.

danielrbischoff said:
It's also about selling a shit load of records of songs that the artists performing have no claim to.

They're all about that, but yeah.

I don't watch a lot of cable TV anymore because I let it drop from our Comcast bill to save some money, so if we watch TV it tends to be the locals.

Been plowing through Justified on Amazon. Michael Ironside shows up randomly in an episode and makes a comment along the lines of "I used to be better at spying." Which really tickled me and I wonder if it was done on purpose or was just pure coincidence.

I started to re-watch Community recently starting with the first season. I'm told to completely avoid and ignore season four though.

Season 4 isn't that bad. Not as good as the first 3 seasons but if you're already that far invested in the show it's worth seeing.

I'm into season 5 of Community. It sucks Chevy Chase AND Donald Glover left. But at least they brought back John Oliver and Jonathan Banks is a nice replacement for the old guy.

If you can... watch Accussed on Netflix, its a British based drama where every episode is different and suspenseful.

cyberjim2000 said:
I've been watching Adventure Time... man, for a kid's show it is sure dark sometimes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJtc42B58KI

That was mad disturbing, Lemongrab has some of the most crazy moments in the show, alongside his ludicrous amounts of ham.
But still love it, especially the Ice King and Marceline episodes.

Am also into Regular show, helps that it's right after Adventure Time in the 8:45 PM slot.

WickedLiquid said:
Season 4 isn't that bad. Not as good as the first 3 seasons but if you're already that far invested in the show it's worth seeing.

I'm into season 5 of Community. It sucks Chevy Chase AND Donald Glover left. But at least they brought back John Oliver and Jonathan Banks is a nice replacement for the old guy.

I heard Donald Glover left the show. That made me sad when I heard about that. As for Chevy Chase, I heard he had issues with the show or whatever but I can't imagine Community without him. It won't be the same.

I guess I can watch Season 1 again. Over and over.

I've been watching the League. Absolutely wonderful show. I can't think of anything else that can describe it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod