Worst Launch Ever

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by AfroJoe, Jan 1, 2007.

?

Whats the worse launch ever?

1. Xbox 360

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. PlayStation 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. WII

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Xbox

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Playstation 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. GameCube

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Nintendo 64

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. PSP

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. DS

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. AfroJoe

AfroJoe Rookie

Im gonna go with the 360...all the games sucked..yea perfect dark was horrible...even the ps3 had one decent game..resistance was actually really good, maybe if the 360 would have had maybe something like gears of war on launch it'd be better,
    I have nothin against the 360, truth is i own one and i love it, im actually not so much in luv with the ps3..i loved the ps2 tho..but noi time to be fanboyish, (dont even dare say im being a fanboy..lol i'll smack u in the head!)

:::::*also when u vote*:::::
    -think about the time it was launched at (year...x-mas...summer..etc)
    -think about the games it was launched with
    -think about the profits made in the beginning
    -think about the price

now please vote and tell me why in a brief explanation

2. Tyrranis

Tyrranis Veteran

Worst launch ever? Hmmm...

I'd have to go with other, as the Sega Saturn had the worst launch, life and death ever for a home console. I didn't notice when it launched, I played it like once or twice, and I didn't notice when it went all pear shaped.

3. Paradox

Paradox Soaring Phoenix

^^^yeah, i was going to say saturn too, with jaguar a close second. one also musnt forget the n-gage. and then theres the phantom, which died even before it could launch.

4. Icepick

Icepick Rookie

virtual boy for the win

5. plumpkin

plumpkin Rookie

Lmao! 360? Worst Launch ever? LMAO! :lol: And the only game you had to mention was PDZ. Wow. Have you played Condemned? Call of Duty 2? Kameo? Those 3 games alone are still considered 360s best games out now.

Worst launch ever, PS3. Resistance, thats all. Every person I know who has a PS3, the only exclusive game they own is Resistance, and it will be the only exclusive game owned for a few months.

Edit: By no means am I calling you a fanboy...just..I dont even know. That made me lol alot. Go play Condemned. Easily one of the best 360 games to date. If Gears of War was only a single player game, I would have to say Condemned is by far the better game.

6. MattAY

MattAY Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

yeah. plus it stalled release in europe AND its fucking expensive shit! PS3...sucked at launch!

7. Sounds

Sounds Rookie

atari jaguar.. 3D0, sega master system.. CDi...

8. Lethean

Lethean Rookie

Resistance sucked.

It was an ok launch title, but for a game compared to every other one out there, it sucked.

Worst launch would be the PS3 or maybe the PSP. And yeah...Virtual Boy had a pretty shitty one too.

Wonder what VB's go for on EBay....I might track one down and get it >_>.

9. TheNesMan

TheNesMan Rookie

The 360 games that came out at launch were terrible. Now it has a pretty good library, but a year ago at launch it wasn't good. The ps3 also had a bad launch.

10. GiftedMonkey

GiftedMonkey Rookie

I think that the PS3 has the worst launch yet, but before that, the original X-Box took that honor. Who wanted to pay $300 for that massive system, grossly oversized controllers, no DVD support (unless you wanted to buy the attachment), and a library of games that boasted Halo as its only quality, exclusive title for what seemed like ages? However, a few years later, the X-Box had proven itself to be a very fine system.

Then in 2006, Sony followed Microsoft's lead by releasing an exorbitantly expensive system (thanks to technology that nobody cared about/heard of), with crappy controllers, and one quality, exclusive game. Things are bound to change, but unless Sony drops the price and releases some decent exclusive games, the PS3 could go the way of the Saturn or Dreamcast.

11. plumpkin

plumpkin Rookie

I dont understand how people can say this. :?

12. Don_Gero

Don_Gero Rookie

plumpkin, some people just have no idea what they're talking about. :)

By voting 360, you're saying it had a worse launch than the PS3. So if you actually believe that, I invite you to explain how the PS3 did better at the beginning of it's life than the 360 did.

13. TheNesMan

TheNesMan Rookie

I never voted. I was simply saying they both had bad launches.

14. Don_Gero

Don_Gero Rookie

That was directed at AfroJoe. Sorry Nesman. :)

15. TheNesMan

TheNesMan Rookie

Ah k, it's all good.

16. Voxen

Voxen Rookie

The PS3 had the worst launch ever. The Jaguar, the Saturn, were just failures overall, so their launches weren't that out of line with the rest of their lives. The PS3 will probably pull through and be a decently successful system eventually, it's just that it's launch was a disaster of biblical proportions. Horrible hype, a massive price tag, huge shortages and delays, no good games to speak of...everything that could go wrong did go wrong.

17. J_Skillz

J_Skillz Rookie

boo ps3

18. grandmagoodtimes

I agree, PS3. Sony messed up big time. Like Voxen, I think PS3 will get better with age but for now, it has nothing really to offer.

19. Grey

Grey Rookie

Sega 32X. Only myself and one other guy (who bought one) knew of it in our town. He had to specially order it becuase none of the shops were carrying it on release. It had one good game. (Knuckles Chaotix)

20. -FCM-

-FCM- Rookie

360 absolutely did not have the worst launch. Condemned and Call of Duty 2 were both great games. Need for Speed: Most Wanted was plenty of fun. And why the fuck is everybody forgetting PGR3?