IS RESIDENT EVIL 5 "Less Racis" Now?

Is RE5 better now that Capcom altered the game's characters?

• YES - less protests that way

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO

• It doesn't matter at all

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
mattimeo48 said:
Will RE5 be less "racist" than it would have been previously?
Potentially.

Will it make any sense fighting people of every skin color in the rainbow in a rural African setting?
Nope. But hey! Why not sacrifice immersion on the altar of PCism?

Zombies aren't people anyway. They were people in life but are something else entirely in undeath...or whatever you'd call it. To me, this makes all the difference. If you were running around a village slaughtering innocent people of ANY ethnicity, I'd be up in arms over the violence and the portrayal of human life as having little to no value.

Ultimately I think we're all jumping the gun. Yes, the game has a white guy in it. Yes, he kills "zombies" or zombie-like beings that were formerly black Africans. But they aren't black Africans anymore, are they? Honestly, I'd love to see Capcom have the "white guy" team up with non-zombie-fied "black guys" to take on whatever bad guys did this to the poor villagers.

Well GR in their preview of RE5 claimed that these people "aren't technicaly zombies" actually.

I'm not sure what they are now but what I do know is what they look like.

I'm glad capcom changed their skin color.

mattimeo48 said:
My friend summed it up this way (and, might I add, he's black.)

"Zombies don't see color. Why should you?"

If I'd just bought and played this game, I might not have even noticed - but, I brought it up because other people and the GR preview did.

used44 said:
Uhh, reverse discrimination is a very real thing. You just contradicted yourself with your prior sentence about how black people get all of the sympathy. You dummy.

I also agree that this topic needs to stay centered around the RE5 game, please.

Used, what I meant was this: When someone is being racist towards a white person and someone claims it as "reverse racism". It isn't reversed simply because it happened to a white person. It's still racism.

Anyways, keeping this topic on...Er...Topic...I think in the end it will be a minor annoyance for the first thirty minutes of the game, we'll bitch and moan and then get over it and find other things to pick apart or just have so much fun with the title that we simply don't care anymore.

I think to say RE5 is less racist is silly as you're still killing nothing but "zombies". Let me kill an uninfected human and then I'll say it's less racist dammit.

(I also think it's silly because it was never racist to begin with.)

I think they focus on the fact that a foreign language can be scary. When someone is hostile and you dont know what they're saying, it adds a bit more scare to it I think.

I just glanced at an RE5 review in OXM(9 out of 10), and it looks VERY similar to RE4. There is even what looks like an el gigante in one of the screenshots, although it looks much larger.

This is the only pic I can find online, and it's very poor quality(the one in OXM is a different, much better pic).

118983-RIDE.jpg

Yeah, it's very similar to RE4, but with cool co-op. That's no diss. RE4 was great.

I'm buying this because of the Co - op and because this will probably be my first Resident Evil. :)

It's stupid to call RE5 racist because the zombies are black.

The game takes place in Africa!!!!

I'm asian and I wouldn't get upset if every Zombie in the game was asian because it took place in Asia! It would make sense.

Seriously, the whole racism against black people is annoying. People are racist against asians to! Like saying we can't drive, we're all math nerds, etc... But nobody makes a big fuss out of that. But say one racist thing about black people and suddenly you're Hitler.

What a stupid world we live in.

white-noise said:
It's stupid to call RE5 racist because the zombies are black.

The game takes place in Africa!!!!

I'm asian and I wouldn't get upset if every Zombie in the game was asian because it took place in Asia! It would make sense.

Seriously, the whole racism against black people is annoying. People are racist against asians to! Like saying we can't drive, we're all math nerds, etc... But nobody makes a big fuss out of that. But say one racist thing about black people and suddenly you're Hitler.

What a stupid world we live in.

Dude ... one Asian solved the hardest Sudoku type in like 10 - 20 seconds. There is a reason you are called mathematic nerds. :p

I call them dedicated and fucking brillant! But mostly dedicated...they are more than us in AMERICA.

GO ASIA GO!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle