When did Resident Evil series become 28 Days Later series?

Tangerine

Rookie
Wassap peeps? RE4 was hype but why is RE5 continuing the same thing? Instead of zombies like dawn of the dead we have fast killer viral people like the movie 28 days later which was a hype movie and I liked it cuz it was tense and made you sit at the edge of your seat and be like DAMNNNN! all i'm sayin is that we need to go back to the zombies cuz that what made RE such a god series and stuff. RE4 was hype as a side story but if Chris is back then he should be fighting off millions of zombies like in dead rising.

RE5 may see a return to the Umbrella virus'. Having got hold of a sample of Las Plagas at the end of RE4, Wesker may be trying to create a new virus refined from Las Plagas and one of the Umbrella virus' (Progenitor, T and G) although I can't say for sure, its just a theory. Personally I don't mind Capcom taking this route with the series, as you said the 28 days later films are incredible and faster, thinking enemies are much more terrifying than slow shuffling zombies. Unless its the Crimson Head zombies from REbirth, they're quite freaky.

^ I agree. It was a good move to give the enemies faster movement and more thought processes. I look at the old zombie movies and wonder why people didn't just run away from the slow bastards. Consider how Doom 3 used both slow and fast zmobie/monster as well as crawling enemies to give an incredible feeling of suspense and terror. I think it's not the pace of the zombies we just need a good mix. Also note that all the resident evils in the series broke up the monotony of the slow zombies with everything from fast moving zombie dogs to those damn ceiling crawling green things that lick your head off.

Yep. Dead Rising did a solid job of proving that on their own Zombies aren't much of a problem, if you don't have a way of killing them (which is pathetic since you just need to bash them in the head a few times with something) you can just dodge out of the way and leg it. But in large numbers, they are extremely dangerous and that's when you need to panic. RE4 was a good turning point for the series and I can't wait for RE5. Also Capcom confirmed a while ago that three other S.T.A.R.S members would be returning, that leaves Barry, Jill, Wesker and Rebecca as they're the only members still alive. Wesker is a given considering RE4's ending and the peculiar rivalry he shares with Chris (Code Veronica anyone?) so personally I'd like to see Jill and Barry return. Although I'm interested in hearing what happened to Rebecca after RE1, there hasn't been a single mention of her since except for that photograph of her in basketball/netball gear in RE2.

Yeah, it happened when 28 Days Later proved how lamely slow and dimwitted old zombies were. This new faster, smarter race of zombies that we've seen in media since makes for a much better enemy.

i like the slow zombies, they built up more tension. I think they could make them work more, if they put less ammo and healing in the game.

or maybe a combo of both, fast zombies can be the recently dead.. and the slow zombies can be the original gangsta's.

Lentium said:
i like the slow zombies, they built up more tension. I think they could make them work more, if they put less ammo and healing in the game.

or maybe a combo of both, fast zombies can be the recently dead.. and the slow zombies can be the original gangsta's.

That's pretty much REmake. Slow zombies take forever to kill, and when they finally get to you...you just about piss yourself. Not to mention the adrenaline fueled RED zombies.

The enemy in "survival horror" games used to be the control scheme. This way, slow ass zombies and gimmicky bosses would be difficult to beat without requiring much high brow AI, which was a good thing for ol' PSX developers.

Now, not so much. Only kool-aid sipping fanboys protest replacing tank controls with real 3rd person action controls and sluggish undead with olympic grade brain eaters.

Left 4 Dead looks pretty sweet, by the by.

I like the idea of faster "zombies" better, and really, it's more realistic. Think about it, in 28 Days Later (coincidently I watched that movie last night) and RE4 its not so much that people died and came back to life but were infected and never died in the first place.

I also liked the idea of parasites being the cause of people becoming zombies like in Dead Rising because it actually happens in real life (well for insects and altering their behavior).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWB_COSUXMw

Well, the ganados in RE4 we're much of an improvement. They still ran at you and attacked you, except that they used farm tools instead of just biting you. Even if they could run, for an unknown reason they just started walking when they were almost in front of you, and they attacked five seconds later. They weren't zombies, but still, not much difference, except the annoying Exorcist-style things they yelled in spanish. One of them keeps yelling Aggamemnon, it's creepy.

Re: When did Resident Evil series become 28 Days Later serie

Tangerine said:
Wassap peeps? RE4 was hype but why is RE5 continuing the same thing? Instead of zombies like dawn of the dead we have fast killer viral people like the movie 28 days later which was a hype movie and I liked it cuz it was tense and made you sit at the edge of your seat and be like DAMNNNN! all i'm sayin is that we need to go back to the zombies cuz that what made RE such a god series and stuff. RE4 was hype as a side story but if Chris is back then he should be fighting off millions of zombies like in dead rising.
Because Resident Evil is going in a direction we obviously don't agree with, although for different reasons...

When I played RE for the first time, I nearly pissed myself. That was RE2. After that I played most of seires. When RE4 came out. I nearly shit my pants.

I like where capcom is going. Having a large group of zombies chasing after you, while as the same time you're trying to find a escape. The zombies are planning a counter-attack.

The only thing I disliked about RE4 was the lack of notes and journals and whatnot to give more backstory.

Does anyone know (ball park guess) when its going to be realse?

I just don't like how they aren't actually zombies just umm crazy infect people I guess. I find it way more intense when someone is trying to devour you alive than just maybe stab you with a knife/pitch fork.

I didn't find RE4 scary at all. It was such a huge disappointment to see that the creepy, slow-paced survival horror genre was replaced with a typical, arcade-like 3rd person shooter gameplay. And now, when RE5 is going to be exactly the same mindless shooter, I'm not interested in RE series anymore whatsoever. It has become another shallow, GOW style console franchise aimed at superficial teenagers. Three awful movies didn't help much either.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod