IS RESIDENT EVIL 5 "Less Racis" Now?

Is RE5 better now that Capcom altered the game's characters?

• YES - less protests that way

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO

• It doesn't matter at all

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
BigTruckSeries said:
clayman637 said:
Some black racists would love it if "cracker" offended white people, but since we don't give the word power, it has no control over us.

The difference between nggr and cracker is that in reality, many Black Americans were killed by slavery and the Black family was torn apart. Therefore, the word nggr incites anger about this wherein the word cracker has no sting since there was no White enslavement.

Still, I'm glad Capcom changed the game. I doubt it will effect sales. People pre-order games and buy them just to buy them nowadays.

Now I suppose its time for the Arab defamation league to say something.

I agree that Blacks had it hard back in the day,but they still should not let a "word" spoken, written, or otherwise control their life. By letting someone have that control over you it gives you an excuse to act irrationally and keeps your from following the patterns of societal norms.

Blacks had it bad for what? 150 to 200 years? big woop. I have native American heritage and those people are pretty much gone. crying about it won't change the past. Don't forget that most slaves were purchased from other blacks who already had them as slaves. Let's not forget the holocaust. Just about everyone has had their day as whipping boy.

Any person, black or otherwise that sits around and complains about the past like that is beating a dead horse. I want to send some of the blacks over here that complain about how bad they got in America over to Africa with the hutus and watusis. Maybe an few weeks of experiencing genocide Ala machete will shut them up.

Capcom changing their game adds credibility to a fake issue. Letting them have their way just gives them positive reinforcement to complain about shit unnecessarily, and makes it look like there was a problem when there really isn't one. Bullshit like this draws attention away from real issues.

I could rant about idiocy of the word and all it's controversy until i turned blue in the face, but that's another topic.

I plan to get RE5 anyway, It's not that big of a deal. Whats upsetting is have to tippy toe around, Capcom had to put more time and money and change their Intellectual property around just to please a group who has been slightly wronged and compensated for it. Not that they should get anything, but i don't see any labor laws requiring you to hire a certain amount of jews.

clayman637 said:
BigTruckSeries said:
clayman637 said:
Some black racists would love it if "cracker" offended white people, but since we don't give the word power, it has no control over us.

The difference between nggr and cracker is that in reality, many Black Americans were killed by slavery and the Black family was torn apart. Therefore, the word nggr incites anger about this wherein the word cracker has no sting since there was no White enslavement.

Still, I'm glad Capcom changed the game. I doubt it will effect sales. People pre-order games and buy them just to buy them nowadays.

Now I suppose its time for the Arab defamation league to say something.

I agree that Blacks had it hard back in the day,but they still should not let a "word" spoken, written, or otherwise control their life. By letting someone have that control over you it gives you an excuse to act irrationally and keeps your from following the patterns of societal norms.

Blacks had it bad for what? 150 to 200 years? big woop. I have native American heritage and those people are pretty much gone. crying about it won't change the past. Don't forget that most slaves were purchased from other blacks who already had them as slaves. Let's not forget the holocaust. Just about everyone has had their day as whipping boy.

Any person, black or otherwise that sits around and complains about the past like that is beating a dead horse. I want to send some of the blacks over here that complain about how bad they got in America over to Africa with the hutus and watusis. Maybe an few weeks of experiencing genocide Ala machete will shut them up.

Capcom changing their game adds credibility to a fake issue. Letting them have their way just gives them positive reinforcement to complain about s*** unnecessarily, and makes it look like there was a problem when there really isn't one. Bullshit like this draws attention away from real issues.

I could rant about idiocy of the word and all it's controversy until i turned blue in the face, but that's another topic.

I plan to get RE5 anyway, It's not that big of a deal. Whats upsetting is have to tippy toe around, Capcom had to put more time and money and change their Intellectual property around just to please a group who has been slightly wronged and compensated for it. Not that they should get anything, but i don't see any labor laws requiring you to hire a certain amount of jews.

Again, I'm glad Capcom altered the game.

Secondly, you should speak for yourself. You cannot in any way relate to another person of a different ethnicity unless you yourself are in their shoes. This is subjective.

Just because you watched Hotel Rwanda doesn't mean you understand what these people actualy go through.

As for the game, I have a serious problem with Japanese game makers making games about two other races killing each other - especially since I've seen the racist caricatures of early Japanese made cartoons.

Fortunately the move has already been made to alter the game.

Too many still believe they are in some civil rights movement and are fighting a war that has long since been over.

I recall a video on youtube where an angry black mother called a tv station because they were showing a video of "all white characters" killing "all the blacks and browns" on the screen. The "black people" were actually black haired trolls from castle crashers. The "whites" were actually green, red, blue, orange knights.

Black people seem to lose their common sense when they feel racially threatened in any way. They are cry babies. It will only end when they decide as a group the world is finished paying that debt that we all owe them :D

Profits said:
Black people seem to lose their common sense when they feel racially threatened in any way. They are cry babies. It will only end when they decide as a group the world is finished paying that debt that we all owe them :D

Spoken like a true idiot.

The depth of the stupidity in your statement I can only attribute to higher learning.

You must have actually gone to school to say something so stupid.

BigTruckSeries said:
Profits said:

Spoken like a true idiot.

The depth of the stupidity in your statement I can only attribute to higher learning.

You must have actually gone to school to say something so stupid.

One of these things is not like the others.

Well, we've all had our own experiences and form our own stereotypes, racisms, etc. What I said may not be a nice thing I'm not sure the sarcasm really swayed me yet.

Growing up I attended several charter schools where about 60-70% of the students were black. The rest were latinos [like me] and a small group of white/other. I can say during this time growing up at least where I live, with my experiences, the blacks were by far the most racist.

When I began dating in high school my girlfriend during that time was a black girl. Her family/community was simply fked up in many racist ways. Her father actually threatened to kill me if i wouldn't stop dating his daughter because I wasn't black. I was harassed more than a dozen times walking her home by young males in her neighborhood because they didn't like the look of a young black woman dating someone who isn't black.

Now in my family one side has arabic, spanish, and black roots. The other half is european. I by no means look white. But I've NEVER been attacked by whites for anything regarding race. Have I been attacked by blacks because of something racially motivated? Sure, plenty of times.

Many DO feel america/whites/the world owe them something great. They don't see it even simply as black vs white. It's black vs anything not dark enough. I don't think the life they have here is as bad as it really is. Any black person can go as far as they want if they want to. But many feel they deserve pity and reward for a life their people had to endure. Many DO feel that life in america today really is still an ongoing war with opression to top it off. I have faith that they can do anything they want. They can go anywhere they want get anything they want. But really many feel that the reason they aren't living in mansions with 23 cars is because the white folk are chaining them to the ground.

So they see white man shoot black man. It's racism. It's intended to train inherently racist white children to act out their racism or nurture it. You know... because it doesn't matter if it's a zombie :)

Something just occurred to me. I knew quite a few guys in high school whose brothers/fathers were in jail for very straight forward things. Drug sales/violent crime. Because they were sentenced to serve say 10 years it was because they were black and the judge was white. Not because of the crime.

Leave the black zombies alone. They've already been through enough.

Your personal high school experiences are irrelevant. This topic is about whether or not Capcom did the right thing altering RE5. Its not about you're undereducated opinion on "who's more racist" based on the microcosm of your community.

Just because you got threatened with death doesn't mean 13% of the country is like the people who were going to terminate you.

Maybe just avoid things like "THEY say" and "THEY seem to think"..... not to preach racial sensitivity or anything.... generalizations don't really support your argument of "I've been in the shit, lived with the ****er's, and let me tell ya, this is how it is" type argument.

Yossarian29 said:
Maybe just avoid things like "THEY say" and "THEY seem to think"..... not to preach racial sensitivity or anything.... generalizations don't really support your argument of "I've been in the s***, lived with the ****er's, and let me tell ya, this is how it is" type argument.

Thank You

The mere fact that you think your existence is different than anyone else's is the eternal continuation of racism. You think there aren't white people born in a gutter? Of course there are. But they don't have a hundred year old boo-hoo story, so I guess they don't count.

That sob story is a ****ing joke, and so are the people who rely on it. We have a black goddamned president for Christ's sake, it's time to get over your little inferiority complex, and earn your ****ing way through life, just like everyone else.

If you don't make it, no one is to blame except yourself.

Diabolus said:
That sob story is a ****ing joke, and so are the people who rely on it. We have a black goddamned president for Christ's sake,

I'm completely against people claiming that Barack Obama winning the presidency is "proof" racism isn't a problem in America.

#1 55Million voted against him and many of them were very vocal about race being the deciding factor in their vote.

#2 McCain/Palin's campaign was so shitty combined with the timely october economic crisis that I personaly feel ANYONE could have beaten them at that point. Including myself !

Racism shouldn't stop anyone from their personal drive to suceed, but the truth is, racism can cause serious setbacks, pitfalls or grievances that actually can destroy a person's possbilities for success.

If it is acceptable to do whatever necessary to succeed, even in a hostile environment, then illegaly immigrating, selling drugs, prostituting and committing other crimes becomes an acceptable option.

Capcom shouldn't have altered their characters to be more mixed in race. If the game took place in Japan, i would expect the infected to look mostly Japanese - if the game took place in a village in Africa, I would expect the infected to look mostly African.

Big Truck Series, people like you are the reason why racism is still around. You can't make progress if you keep stepping back. And that is what you and people like you are doing. Everyone else in this thread thinks that stiffening creativity to be politically correct is bullshit. If we're gonna make everything pc, then maybe Uncle Tom's cabin should've been more pc. Same with "The Color Purple". But now you're gonna say, no it's ok, because black people wrote those works. What difference does it make man? You're promoting racism by preaching that black people should get special treatment. I thought equality was what people wanted, but now you're telling me black people deserve better than other people? Why? Because you guys were slaves? Let me tell you something man, all races have experienced slavery, just because black people were pretty much the last race to experience it doesn't make black people special.

Racism can be a setback, but only if you allow it. I swear, i hate it when black people pull out the race card. Everyone's f u ck ing racist, get over it. You're fighting a war that will never end, because you and people like you "keep adding wood to the fire". It's a vicious cycle man, and if you let s h i t like this bother you, then it's gonna keep going.

Used 44 made the most simple and compelling argument, they're in africa, therefore, expect the bad guys to be african.

Everyone in this post made some great arguments about what you claim to be is racism. But you always deflect and change the subject instead of dealing with what they say. Why are you trying to pick a fight? What're you trying to prove? We already know people are racist. How about you do something about it, instead of bitching about it on some internet forum.

But you know what, i just wasted my time. You haven't taken into consideration what everyone else has said, so what made me think you're gonna listen to me. You're just gonna come up with some more bull to throw at me to make this argument go on longer than it should. Just like racism. If it weren't for people like you, i bet that racism would've been gone by now. But no, you guys gotta keep bringing it up.

BigTruckSeries said:
Secondly, you should speak for yourself. You cannot in any way relate to another person of a different ethnicity unless you yourself are in their shoes. This is subjective.

Just because you watched Hotel Rwanda doesn't mean you understand what these people actualy go through.

Ps. What you're talking about is empathy. It's a trait that a good number of people have, contrary to popular belief. Maybe you should look it up. And no, i'm not being racist by assuming you're uneducated because you're possibly black. The fact that you don't know that word has nothing to do with your race.

I think everyone needs to get off black people's nuts and realize they aren't the only ethnic group out there who have been discriminated against.

I also hate when "reverse racism" is a phrase often used. There is no such thing.

I want to also add - Get the fuck back on topic. This is more and more becoming a topic for the misc section. Take it there.

Lethean said:
I think everyone needs to get off black people's nuts and realize they aren't the only ethnic group out there who have been discriminated against.

I also hate when "reverse racism" is a phrase often used. There is no such thing.

I want to also add - Get the f*** back on topic. This is more and more becoming a topic for the misc section. Take it there.

Uhh, reverse discrimination is a very real thing. You just contradicted yourself with your prior sentence about how black people get all of the sympathy. You dummy.

I also agree that this topic needs to stay centered around the RE5 game, please.

Will RE5 be less "racist" than it would have been previously?
Potentially.

Will it make any sense fighting people of every skin color in the rainbow in a rural African setting?
Nope. But hey! Why not sacrifice immersion on the altar of PCism?

Zombies aren't people anyway. They were people in life but are something else entirely in undeath...or whatever you'd call it. To me, this makes all the difference. If you were running around a village slaughtering innocent people of ANY ethnicity, I'd be up in arms over the violence and the portrayal of human life as having little to no value.

Ultimately I think we're all jumping the gun. Yes, the game has a white guy in it. Yes, he kills "zombies" or zombie-like beings that were formerly black Africans. But they aren't black Africans anymore, are they? Honestly, I'd love to see Capcom have the "white guy" team up with non-zombie-fied "black guys" to take on whatever bad guys did this to the poor villagers.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod