Why is Will Smith's kid and Jackie Chan in The Karate Kid?

schimmel said:
Even better: Remake this
Beverly%20Hills%20Ninja.jpg

Blasphemy!

There is only one Chris Farley!

i personally love remakes.. don't mind them at all. mind you most of them suck. but redoing all movies with new technology is always a good thing imo, especially when it comes to super hero movies, and movies where the new CGI/special effects really shines.

it's just unfortunate, like i said, that most of them suck. and they suck simply because anyone knows a remake will make money, people will want to see it that were fans of the original.

intoTheRain said:
i personally love remakes.. don't mind them at all. mind you most of them suck. but redoing all movies with new technology is always a good thing imo
I submit for your consideration...Star Wars. That is all.

I'm actually excited for this. Let's face it, you can't just keep making the Karate Kid [insert number here]. The word reboot is just a fad word. They've been remaking movies for a long time. Reboot just sounds better than "the last one sucked, we're headed in a different direction."

Also, I'm going to see this because Jackie Chan despite still having trouble delivering lines in English...is the MAN!

Bretimus_v2 said:
intoTheRain said:
i personally love remakes.. don't mind them at all. mind you most of them suck. but redoing all movies with new technology is always a good thing imo
I submit for your consideration...Star Wars. That is all.

!

i didnt mean to say is always a good thing. totally contradicts saying that they mostly suck.. it IS a good thing. but doesn't always work out.

i also think star wars start to finish are terrible, terrible movies, and have NEVER understood the hype. they seem almost comedic to me, i dunno. i guess it's just the fascination with another world.

the only space movie/anything i've ever enjoyed is the new Star Trek movie.. which i thought was epic. extremely well done. and i love space.

intoTheRain said:
i also think star wars start to finish are terrible, terrible movies, and have NEVER understood the hype. they seem almost comedic to me, i dunno. i guess it's just the fascination with another world.

633499577463710308-cleric.jpg

uh oh. I gotta agree with Intotherain. Why did the original fanboy choose Star Wars, anyway?
Of course the movies, but merchandising had a hand in its success as well.

So had Francis Ford Coppola pasted Marlon Brando's image on a lunchbox tin, we would've been dressing up in black suits doing Don Corleone cosplay at the Sheraton Hotel (June 4 - 6).

On the other hand that would've made The Godfather extremely gay, so someone chose Star Wars for the better good I suppose.

A Wizard of Oz remake, and do it for the druggies plz.

Chris_Crime said:
uh oh. I gotta agree with Intotherain. Why did the original fanboy choose Star Wars, anyway?

So had Francis Ford Coppola pasted Marlon Brando's image on a lunchbox tin, we would've been dressing up in black suits doing Don Corleone cosplay at the Sheraton Hotel (June 4 - 6).

On the other hand that would've made The Godfather extremely gay, so someone chose Star Wars for the better good I suppose.

Actually, there is a remake of The Godfather in the works. Shia Labeouf will be playing Michael Corleone and Kevin James will play Don Corleone.

Also, expect a remake of The Wizard of Oz directed by Michael Bay...

WickedLiquid said:
Chris_Crime said:

Actually, there is a remake of The Godfather in the works. Shia Labeouf will be playing Michael Corleone and Kevin James will play Don Corleone.

Damn it all to hell, and I thought I wasn't going to have to break out the ol protesting sign and infiltration gear. If Jackie Chan's character is Mr. Miyagi i'm going to cry

Um... the new Star Wars movies aren't "remakes" and if you can't see what is so good about the original Star Wars trilogy, then you have zero imagination.

kingg5 said:
WickedLiquid said:
Chris_Crime said:

Damn it all to hell, and I thought I wasn't going to have to break out the ol protesting sign and infiltration gear. If Jackie Chan's character is Mr. Miyagi i'm going to cry

You haven't even seen the trailers, have you? Chan is Mr. Myagi, he teaches Mini Smith Kung Fu

Everytime it comes on I mute it and close my eyes, just like I do with my old lady. I'm sort of a master at it

intoTheRain said:
StalfrosCC said:
ITT Intotherain reminds us that he still exists, and has awful opinions.

in after stalfrosCC is angry because i have a different opinion

all is normal again

man if you don't like Star Wars your opinion isn't different, it's wrong

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle