who is the absolute worst?

C_nate said:
There are people I certainly don't care for or might not like too much, but there aren't any that I hate. Hate is a feeling I try to reserve for bad people who do bad things.

All these pop culture personalities you are mentioning are putting on a show, not totally unlike WWE wrestlers.

Pop culture is so over saturated now that these people needed to develop over the top ways to stand out amongst the crowd and get your attention. The fastest and easiest way to do that is to be loud, controversial, or weird, or any combination thereof. And it's not like this is a new phenomenon. It's just a lot more prevalent now due to social media and more and more people.

It's a simple case of supply and demand. The media creates and puts these people out there for mass consumption and the general public eats it up with a spoon. Your disdain should be towards that mass audience because they are the ones keeping these people going.

I think it's far more interesting to look at the larger machine that is the pop industry that manages to continue to create these personalities and churn them out like clockwork than it is the individuals, who usually have a shelf life of 5 years, maybe 10 if they are lucky, before they are replaced with a newer model in a shinier, newer package.

Also, it should be noted that the whole thing is a self feeding machine. These pop personalities and the media form the perfect symbiotic parasitic relationship. They need someone to talk about them and the media need someone to talk about since gossip has always been more popular than actual news, so they basically just feed off each other.

That link about Kanye is a perfect example. Kanye needs people to talk about him because keeping his name out there makes him money. So he behaves in predictably outlandish ways. That website wants traffic so they create an article out of Kanye's crazy antics. And by reading that article and linking it to others to read, you are giving them both want they want/need. It's pretty interesting to watch the system in action.
nod-of-approval.gif

This man speak thy truth... Better to leave pop culture into someone else's hand and stay away from it. The more you hate it, the stronger it gets!

And i used to hate adam sandler a lot until i read David Spade's AMA on reddit and found out he's one of the coolest roommate you could ever ask for. So he gets my apathy from me... and nothing else.

Kim Kardashian, Lindsay Lohan, Beyonce, Ashton Kutcher, that Elizabeth girl from The View/Survivor, Tyra Banks

off the top of my head. people I wouldn't even acknowledge in public.

Tyra Banks I mainly just despise for her exceedingly irritating personality though. So I wouldn't really wish her harm. Just can't fucking stand her.

Lindsay, Kim, Ashton, Elizabeth, and Beyonce can die in a fire though.

There are many more, just the first few that came to mind.

Edit: OH OH, how can I forget... Piers Morgan

UghRochester said:
MattAY said:
Onto my next one - no one in particular, but just whoever caused all girls in the world to pout like an utter trout. JUST STOP IT, and focus all mouth pouting energy into finding your straight jacket, you mongs.
Are you talking about making babies? It's upsetting in my area. 95-97 % of my HS class has had a baby already. There are many 16 year olds with babies in my area as well. I see people carrying babies onto bus like their grocery bags. It's sad.

ee9073fc50c7b0f472ded37f92b23807.gif

I was on about girls pouting in photos ie the trout pout...

intoTheRain said:
Lindsay, Kim, Ashton, Elizabeth, and Beyonce can die in a fire though.

I don't have anything against Beyonce because she was in Austin Powers, I wouldn't listen to her music though.

And Ashton Kutcher was Kelso.
42d3470bb7d9264286cbd616dbd6b27a.jpg

What about women who bring their children to an R rated movie?

Also people who are dumping buckets of ice on their head because famous people are doing and not grasping the concept that this is charity.

WickedLiquid said:
What about women who bring their children to an R rated movie?

Also people who are dumping buckets of ice on their head because famous people are doing and not grasping the concept that this is charity.

Oh God. Yeah I remember once going to watch Sin City at the cinema, and this dude bought in like, three of his toddlers. What the hell?

I don't quite understand the ice bucket challenge. It'd be a better idea of the celebrities actually explained it a bit more, e.g. what the cause is for, how/where to donate etc.

I know very little about Kanye and I haven't heard much about Miley Cyrus since her performance at the VMA's like a year ago.

I'm not saying this to sound too cool -- I love participating in popular culture -- it's just pretty easy to ignore the parts of it that you don't enjoy.

used44 said:
I'm not saying this to sound too cool -- I love participating in popular culture -- it's just pretty easy to ignore the parts of it that you don't enjoy.

^ This.

nod-of-approval.gif

nod-of-approval.gif

You know what isn't the worst? This gif. It's awesome.

I work in television, and one of the shows on the station is a Pop Culture show (Dish Nation). I have to watch a great deal of it, and it's basically where I get my news for people I don't care about or don't know (some stuff I enjoy, but the vast majority is utter nonsense).

I have nothing against these people, because they have not wronged me. I don't know Justin Beiber, and while he doesn't seem like a pleasant person, who am I to judge? I don't know him. I feel like people in general don't get that about celebrities, you don't ACTUALLY know them. You may watch interviews and what not with them (or read gossip magazines. Which if you do, you are pathetic and I have no respect for you), but you don't know them, and shouldn't really have any opinion of them.

For example, Kevin Spacey. I'm a big fan, he's a great actor, and seems like a very likeable guy from what I've seen from interviews with him. But I don't know him personally, nor have I met him, so it isn't fair of me to have an opinion of him as a person let alone judge him.

I think people need to realize this, and if they do, we won't have threads like these.

Rakon's making me want to use that .gif again, because he's absolutely right.

Actually, no. I think it's very appropriate to use it again.

This one's for you Rakon:

nod-of-approval.gif

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod