Where does your user name come from?

Master_Craig

Forum Moderator
Staff member
I can't remember if we've done a thread like this before, but I thought I'd just ask.

Where does your user name on the forums here, come from?

Mine's just my real first name and me being an idiot ten years ago (nothing much has changed there).

Yours?

Master_Craig said:
I can't remember if we've done a thread like this before, but I thought I'd just ask.
It's been a few years.

Mine's from an audio bite from Dynasty Warriors 3. Using Sun Jian's true musou attack would make him shout something in Japanese that sounded like "De ting! I am king!" to me and my brothers.

I can't find an example of it anywhere. I'll have to record it myself, I guess.

Matt is my name.
In my first year at school my friends called me MattAY!! With more ooomph on the AYYY!

I NOW HATE IT haha

My name is composed of two parts. "Ugh" comes from childhood. Back in day, my friends and I would create wrestlers in the WWE games. I spelled "Cro-Magon" wrong for a character and my brother and friends started making cavemen grunts. "Rochester" comes from hometown in Pennsylvania. My name gets annoying on Twitch nowadays. People think I dislike Rochester, N.Y or ask me if I live there.

My first year of college was my first exposure to high speed internet living in the dorms. So I started doing quite a bit of online gaming. Quake had just been released and I played a lot with a friend doing death matches. I eventually settled on the screen name Maestro, after the callsign of a pilot character in a book by my favorite author.

Later that year, X-wing vs. Tie Fighter was released and I joined an online league and started up my own squadron. Thus, I was the Commanding Officer, so COMaestro. Maestro has often been taken as a screen name in forums and such, but never COMaestro, so it's my default now.

Sourdeez is short for Sour Diesel. A popular strain of marijuana I liked to get from my dispensary. It isn't even my favorite anymore but the name stuck with me. (Favorite is homegrown Cheese)

Luckily on Youtube I am SourVR so I just go by Sour. It fits well.
Funny story. Some VR video app has just released and made a SourVR youtube account. I made mine way before them.

On Altspace I am still SourDeez and I get a lot of "What does Sourdeez mean?" "Sour Deez NUTS!?!?" It's a giggle but kind of getting old.

Do any of you have alt names? Like how I used to play World Of Warcraft in my teens and back then everyone in guild voice chat would call me Amris? It still feels strange when an old guildie calls me up and calls me Amris.

Coming back from DragonCon one year my buddy and I hitched a ride back to our home-state with a guild member that just happened to also be at the con. My buddy and I had fallen asleep and we didn't realize we had been pulled over by police. I woke up to an officer tapping on my window asking me if I was "Amris" and boy was that kind of an awkward situation. The fat cop happened to be a fantasy nerd. He searched our car, said our merch looked cool, and let us go.

Being a huge Metal Gear Solid fan I was originally going to go with just Liquid. But I didn't want to be THAT guy. You know; Links is the Zelda guy and I didn't want to be the MGS guy.

So i went with WickedLiquid. It's what my mates and I used to call Liqour back in the day. Vodka, Rum, Whiskey, whatever.

those%20eyebrows_zpsre5ogn19.gif

Amarao from FLCL, don't know why, but had this name for like 15 years or so. BV31 is random string of numbers/letters.

Also roll as Zalec in various games, cause Day of Defeat map.

I was tired of my first one and lack originality on screen names so I went with the name of my rogue in WoW. The name means nothing, it was just some name that seemed to fit with a rogue. A couple of weeks after seeing it on the forums however I realized it just sounded dumb and cheesy.

Lethean said:
I was tired of my first one and lack originality on screen names so I went with the name of my rogue in WoW. The name means nothing, it was just some name that seemed to fit with a rogue. A couple of weeks after seeing it on the forums however I realized it just sounded dumb and cheesy.

See, I've always mentally read your name as Leviathan.
leviathan8.jpg

Longo Two-Guns was a minor character from a mediocre Star Wars game.
I was 12 years old and it seemed like a cool name.

Nowadays most everything I do is Aquaman related, for some reason.

Studio Tan is the name of a Frank Zappa album. Its music was originally meant to be included in a quadruple album entitled "Läther" to satisfy a contract of four more records, but Warner Brothers demanded three more. FZ simply broke up Läther into four different albums, and of course there was a big spat about that.

Läther ended up being made posthumously and its cover is my avatar.

old professional starcraft player.. always liked his name for some reason and he was a top protoss player and i played protoss.

Though I was new to IRC, I wanted a cool name like the guys in GR's IRC. This name caught the eye of Sounds, the Hawaiian Nintendo moderator, and he asked me to join Team Nintendo in the great GR console wars happening on the forums, a war that pit bro vs bro vs bro over their favorite console choices as us youngens were known to do with our free time, naturally.
Ha, you know I was almost |{ing_Vegeta? Yeah. Still sit up nights wondering how my life may have been different if it had been.

Optimus-Crime said:
Though I was new to IRC, I wanted a cool name like the guys in GR's IRC. This name caught the eye of Sounds, the Hawaiian Nintendo moderator, and he asked me to join Team Nintendo in the great GR console wars happening on the forums, a war that pit bro vs bro vs bro over their favorite console choices as us youngens were known to do with our free time, naturally.
Ha, you know I was almost |{ing_Vegeta? Yeah. Still sit up nights wondering how my life may have been different if it had been.

Optimus-Crime is heaps cooler than I{ing_Vegeta. You would have lead a very interesting life, otherwise. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Playnft