What's under your tree?

GRColin

Rookie
What presents have you purchased for your family and loved ones this Holiday season? I'm surprised by the lack of Christmas topics around here as of late and figured, why not see what everyone is buying everyone else!

This is going to be a videogame-less Christmas (not counting my new Dualshock). I stick to the more notable stuff.
My boys have really gotten into action figures and play sets so we are getting them a bunch of Trio block sets
productLine_Trio_Castle.jpg
(the left two castles), Star Wars and Batman action figurines and a set of SW light sabers, and bunkbeds. The main thing we're getting our family members is webcams this year and we're setting up a Christmas morning meet-up, so that despite the fact that we're all over the US we can share facetime on Christmas.

We're also donating money to one of our relatives to send him and his family to Disneyland for Christmas. He was recently diagnosed with colon cancer less than a year ago. They've tried everything (removing his colon and half of his intestines and double radiation) and he has very little time left. He just barely turned 40 and has a 4 year-old and a newborn.

For my Dad - the classic pack of cigars with a fine bottle of whiskey.

Mum - the new KT Tunstall album "Tiger Suit"

Brother #1 - The Steve Coogan Collection

Brother #2 - Football Manager 2011 for PC

Brothers Girlfriends - Glee album for one, and bath stuff for the other.

Pretty standard stuff really. I dont buy presents for friends, but we have this thing where we each pick a name out of a hat in a secret santa style, and buy that person a drink more than £5 on Christmas Eve.

I like your style MattAY - The alcoholic Secret Santa and the CIgars and whiskey. What kind of whiskey did you get him?

Bret, that's extremely nice of you and pretty much embodies the spirit of Christmas.

Ehh, lets see

Dad-four to five pounds of Satsuma Mandarins.

Mum- A Square Trade Warranty for her new Lappy, and a new set of headphones

Sister- I set up her bleeding Christmas tree.

Girlfriend - The Sims 3: Latenight, a box of Dark Chocolate Truffles.

I mostly got everyone shirts. I made each shirt special for that individual.

-My older brother, he turned 21 this year and has been spending most of his money on alcoholic beverages. So I got him a shirt called "The Beer's prayer" it's basically a humorous prayer about beer.

-My little brother, I just got him a Charlie Brown designed shirt. I had to rush and find a shirt so I just saw this and decided to buy it since it was pretty cheap

-My step-dad, he's a dick. I got him a shirt that has a picture of a middle finger and says "Have a nice day."

-My uncle, he's gay, fat and proud of it. So, I got him a shirt that says "Everybody loves a big man" in rainbow letters

-My sister, she's...my sister so I got her an Eeyore shirt since she loves Eeyore.

-My sister's boyfriend, they been having an on and off relationship for that past couple years. So if I got him a shirt, it had to be something I would wear just in case, as well as him liking it. So I got him a shirt with a picture of Eric Cartman. Can't remember what it said.

-My mom, she's a huge Friends fan. So I got her a shirt that says "Pivot!" which has a picture of a couch on it.

-My dad, he wanted a water fountain...So I let him pick one out. He claims their relaxing.

I kinda didn't care that much about Christmas this year.

MattAY said:
Ah I got him Glenfiddich.

Nothing wrong with that!

Wanna get me a bottle while you're at it? ;)

So far I've picked up a bunch of clothes for my wife, Inception, True Blood season 1 and Watchmen on blu-ray for her and an Asus G71X-R05 laptop, as well as some Givenchy perfume.

For my brother in law - A sweater, Clash of the Titans on BR.

Mother in law - A nice, white quilt, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly on BR (her favourite movie), earrings.

Step-father - 25 Dollar iTunes gift card.

Mother - Nice robe from Macy's.

It sucks really. I can't buy a whole lot for my parents because of shipping costs in getting it out to them.

I got some movies for my dad, my mom I got a gift card and a book on the history of religion, and my brother got a new pair of sneakers.

Not much else for us, kind of a light Christmas this year.

Since I am still unemployed, I only got Anthony a gift this year. I am just sending everyone else cards. But his present is Red Dead Redemption.

I already gave it to him and he already gave me my main gift, since we were standing next to each other when we purchased them. :p

got my bro and his gf a ps3 with fight night 4 a controller and little big planet. as well as dexter season 1 on blu ray because i insist they start watching it.

girlfriend a 160 GB ipod, 250$ gift card to le chateau, headphones, sex and the city season 6 and sing it! disney edition

my dad an ipod touch with sennheiser headphones

my moma bunch of cool little shit. shes harder to shop for. as well as a 100$ gift card to a very nice store in my city.

and a bunch of crap for other people worthy of presents in my life.

i went a little overboard. but it feels good to get them exactly what they want.

Man, that must have cleaned you the hell out.

I ended up not buying any presents this year, which makes me feel slack.
Mainly because it's already the 23rd and there's no way in fucking hell i'm going anywhere near any stores.
Next year i'll go extreme and do like ITR spending a stupid amount.

I borrowed some very old and delicate photos from my grandmother of my grandparents from when they were younger, scanned and photoshopped them, cropping some ppl out when need be and shopping out cracks and the general damage that comes with time and very old pictures, added a pleasant background, .png formatted and resized to fit in in a set of 4 glass picture frames. Printed on an ultra high glossy photo printer with photo paper, all that good business.

They're small but sweet and classy. My grandfather passed away a little over a year ago so I wanted to give these out to their children: my 2 aunts, my uncle and my mother.
They're rather precious and I thought everyone should get some of the rarest photos from the "master set."

Labor of love this one was. Totally worth it. But every gift is a labor of love if you think about it.

Very thoughtful Chris. Sounds like a lot of time and effort went into that.

IntoTheRain - Think you outdid me :( lol. If you don't mind me asking, what do you do for a living? I'm being nosy but I want a job where I can afford that for family members. Getting a little tired of my job!

Literally nothing as we don't have a Christmas tree. I bought my girlfriend Chrono Trigger for her DS, and a plush Sushi stuffed (thing?) for another friend of mine. That's pretty much the extent of the gifts in my house right now. Being a poor college student sucks.

Growing up, my immediate family (which is very large) always celebrated Christmas with a tree and lots of presents. Lately, because so many of the cousins have moved away and/or started families, it's been getting smaller and smaller. I can't remember the last time I told my parents what I wanted for Christmas because I don't care too much about gifts anymore. We generally celebrate Christmas eve with lots of wine and food, followed by a poker tournament, charades, and the annual viewing of "It's A Wonderful Life." Christmas day is just copious amounts of food.

Lethean said:
Very thoughtful Chris. Sounds like a lot of time and effort went into that.

IntoTheRain - Think you outdid me :( lol. If you don't mind me asking, what do you do for a living? I'm being nosy but I want a job where I can afford that for family members. Getting a little tired of my job!

i take care of a 96 year old lady. its easy as hell, but extremely time consuming. i have no life, but i'm gonna be done soon enough. the money is huge, but so is the stress. i'll go more into it and how i got the job later, but just figured id give u an answer since im back home. ive always worked physical labor, but somehow ended up being a PSW without any qualifications for the past 3 years.

she is extremely well off, as is her entire family.

48787828298184.png

intoTheRain said:
i take care of a 96 year old lady. its easy as hell, but extremely time consuming. i have no life, but i'm gonna be done soon enough. the money is huge, but so is the stress.

she is extremely well off

Dude... Not cool

Chris_Crime said:
48787828298184.png

intoTheRain said:
i take care of a 96 year old lady. its easy as hell, but extremely time consuming. i have no life, but i'm gonna be done soon enough. the money is huge, but so is the stress.

she is extremely well off

Dude... Not cool

lol thats what everyone says =p.. shes gonna have to go into a home sooner than later. shes starting to go downhill pretty quick. and i want to move to Thunder Bay for a year this coming September, maybe work in the mines or something. so I intend to be finished by then, if she's left or not.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle