Vroom Vroom! Your cars, dream cars, whatever

There are only two cars that I've specifically wanted, and both are for sentimental reasons. One of them is an 89 Civic Si, and the other is a Corvette Z06.

Personally, I didn't think it was snow or fireflies, I thought he was using instagram like a giant tool, but turns out we were all wrong!

And hate it all you want longo, I'd shit my pants a little in sheer joy running over pedestrians in the monster-delorean

That's sort of an obnoxious car color, but in the best way. I'd like to see it in daylight. It's weird that the Falcon is a popular car in Australia.

used44 said:
That's sort of an obnoxious car color, but in the best way. I'd like to see it in daylight. It's weird that the Falcon is a popular car in Australia.
Eh, the falcon is fairly popular for being good enough for the money.
It's not particularly expensive, it's big and roomy, can accelerate fairly fast in a straight line and most importantly of all, it doesn't give a shit.
Seriously, i drive over gutters and such all the time. I accelerate hard every day. It just doesn't care.

4L Falcons are known to regularly do over 350,000 miles without an issue. And this is in Australia, where a typical pothole would be known in the US/Canada/UK as some sort of meteorite creator and temperatures range from cold enough to snow to hot enough to melt asphalt all within a couple of months.

As for the colour, it's known as Bionic Blue, you can see a bunch of pictures of it on the google. It's pretty nice. Doesn't show up dirt easily at all.
Did you know my favorite colour is black?
My previous cars colours were (in order): Yellow, Red, Red and Blue.

Bretimus_v2 said:
Ugh, you scoundrel. You give us such nice distractions.
Longo pretty much summed up my reaction to the photo. I don't see how that makes The DeLorean even cooler. It's a shame someone did that to such a fantasy car.

Actually the Delorean is shit, I know it has a soft spot in nerd culture, but as a car it's garbage, real garbage, the speed of a pinto, the price of a porsche

Icepick said:
Actually the Delorean is s***, I know it has a soft spot in nerd culture, but as a car it's garbage, real garbage, the speed of a pinto, the price of a porsche

yeah, pretty much. Too bad, really.

Icepick said:
Actually the Delorean is s***, I know it has a soft spot in nerd culture, but as a car it's garbage, real garbage, the speed of a pinto, the price of a porsche
I don't like it because of Back to the Future. I like it because it's a gorgeous fucking car.

Longo_2_guns said:
Icepick said:
I don't like it because of Back to the Future. I like it because it's a gorgeous f****** car.

our ideas of gorgeous must vary greatly in terms of cars, the DeLorean shares it's shape with a wedge of cheese and is made with stainless steel... like a fridge or stove..

dreaded double post

The video may be a bit dry and too technical for some people, but what they did to this lotus is insane.

It's got more power to weight than a 1970's formula 1 car, 0-60 in under 2 seconds.

yes mechanics have been beefing up power from engines for ages, however I've never seen someone get a 1.6L up to near 700 HP, especially in a car that only weighs 2,100 pounds, it's got a supercharger and turbo charger for fuck sakes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmscSzFu ... ure=relmfu

Icepick said:
Longo_2_guns said:
Icepick said:
I don't like it because of Back to the Future. I like it because it's a gorgeous f****** car.

our ideas of gorgeous must vary greatly in terms of cars, the DeLorean shares it's shape with a wedge of cheese and is made with stainless steel... like a fridge or stove..

It's funny you say that, because in the original script Zemeckis had intended the time machine to be a refrigerator.

MattAY said:
mmmyeah, all that may be true - but P-plates are for losers ;)
I have pretty green ones now.

Only have about a year left of this shit before i buy myself a nice Supra and get to enjoy 400-450hp.

Australian P-Plate laws are fucking stupid. First car i ever drove was a 6L V8 that did 0-60mph in ~5 seconds,, then when i have a year or driving experience suddenly V8s are too powerful for me and i'm not allowed to drive them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle