What % of GR fourmites could this hold true for?

Are you supposed to put "select" in the Konami code? It probably isn't too far off though. Or at least your brain remembers specific events throughout your life pertaining to success and failure mainly. If so, it may just be a coincidence that the majority of success and/or failure of this individual is somehow involved with gaming.

Boringman54 said:
He obviously doesn't know the Konami code very well if he thinks you have to press Select.

That's what I meant. I didn't think you had to put in select. The guy in the article probably got pretty damn good at Contra if he didn't know the code.

Longo_2_guns said:
I'm 99.9% sure that select is in the Konami Code.

I just had a look at wikipedia.org/wiki/Konami_Code, and the verdict: inconclusive.

The article says sometimes, select is added at the end of the code, and is used to do things like change from 1p to 2p in games like Contra.

ArgleBargle said:
in contra, if you included select you would have two players, each with 30 lives. its optional.
That's only because pressing Select (just Select) changes it from 1 to 2 players.

So, we all agree, that regardless of the actual code input, the article is composed entirely of bovine excrement. And the guy who eats, breathes, and sleeps the Konami Code is also an idiot?

by the same logic you could say that start is not part of the code either since start (just start) will begin the game. i'm fine with that (not defending the author), but most of the time, when entering the code as a kid i included the select since i was playing with friends.

ArgleBargle said:
by the same logic you could say that start is not part of the code either since start (just start) will begin the game. i'm fine with that (not defending the author), but most of the time, when entering the code as a kid i included the select since i was playing with friends.

You're right. Start simply allowed you to play the game. The actual code is only up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, A, B. So technically speaking, apart from ArgleBargle, we're all wrong. But at least we're not all idiots. I hope.

thetank said:
So, we all agree, that regardless of the actual code input, the article is composed entirely of bovine excrement. And the guy who eats, breathes, and sleeps the Konami Code is also an idiot?
Quote of the day completly correct good sir

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod