Is this real life?

Bretimus_v2

So tired.
I don't know about you guys, but this news story dominated the majority of my day. It's like the plot of a really stupid movie, it's that far-fetched. Part of me is so horrified that this mess of a guy had that many exotic animals. Part of me is disgusted that so many of these creatures had to be killed. I can only imagine how much the value on them is, let alone the fact that there are so few. And another part of me thinks...damn, that would be a crazy story to tell your grandkids one day if you were one of the cops in the hunting party.

So did anyone catch this?

De-Ting, I thought you lived in Ohio. Anyways, if you were in this situation what would you do? I'm sure if the police had tranquilizers with them, they would have used them and called some sort of animal control.

UghRochester said:
De-Ting, I thought you lived in Ohio. Anyways, if you were in this situation what would you do? I'm sure if the police had tranquilizers with them, they would have used them and called some sort of animal control.
It's my vacation spot.

Also, they said they tried tranquilizing some, but they were still aggressive. They wouldn't have had enough tranquilizer to stop all of them, anyway.

I heard it was too dark to tranquilize them safely. Even the local Humane Society was saying that the officers did what was necessary. Crazy story.

My only question is why go through all of this hubbub and not fight one of the bears to the death? Show a little class, man.

It takes five minutes for the animals to drop once tranquilized, and so it's basically the choice between the officers' lives or the animals'.

That was quite a collection of exotic animals. Better that any of the Zoo's here have.
Shame that they all had to be killed, but it was the safest thing to do.

Longo_2_guns said:
It takes five minutes for the animals to drop once tranquilized, and so it's basically the choice between the officers' lives or the animals'.

Local PD's dont have access to that amount of tranqs - if any.
-of course its dumb for a state to have these laws then not be prepared to deal with it but it had to be done. Sucks tho.
Nighttime was descending on that town too plus it was rainy and visibility was really poor- it then becomes WAY too great of a risk to wait for tranqs and to try to hunt these things with tranqs at night in those conditions. You want to hunt a Puma in those conditions with a tranq? Be my guest. Oh yea, guns - WAAAAYYY longer range than tranqs. Wasn't Jack Hanna there for most of it anyway?

When you have that amount of wild animals in such a dense space, something bad WILL happen. The guy allegedly mistreated his animals too - starvation and poor living conditions, which is why the city was going to take them away. So instead he released them then bumped himself.

I commend them for NO loss of human life at all. they responded so quickly that by the time you heard about it - all the animals were dead and or accounted for.

Some a-hole breeds "wild" animals, releases them into an environment they're not familiar with, they act the way they are hardwired to act, and now they're the ones who have to get shot?

Humans are the worst. I was rooting for the animals.

GiftedMonkey said:
Humans are the worst. I was rooting for the animals.

Until its your children staring a tortured Bengali tiger in the face.
They encountered a situation created by someone else that needed a quick response, and they acted appropriately. Not all animals were killed, but the ones they couldn't take safely needed to be put down.

And there's still one ape on the loose.

Monkey+at+window.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod