Paul Gray is Dead!

schimmel

Rookie
Paul Gray, the bassist for the Grammy-winning metal band Slipknot, was found dead Monday morning in his Des Moines, Iowa, hotel room, according to police. He was 38.

Dio, now Paul Gray, 8 days apart. May 2010 is a bad month for metal. This band helped me get through my anger-filled teenage years, and now that Paul Gray is dead all I can do is be overwhelmed by sadness. What does this mean for the band? Will they replace him like so many other metal bands have done when one of their members dies (Drowning Pool, Avenged Sevenfold, and so on) or will they decide that their band is incomplete and part ways permanently ala Led Zeppelin? No, I'm not comparing Slipknot to Zeppelin, I'm simply saying they are famous for ending their time together because they were incomplete after the death of John Bonham.

Announcement of his death here

drug overdose?

if so, lame.

It's sad when any man dies, but lord i hope it's not by overdosing. Celebrity overdoses going down the line are just too damned unacceptable. And to be lauded in death? puh.

If this man had been a fat ass and died of a heart attack, we'd be like, "Fucker deserved it." I can't find a difference.
I guess it's your choice - and only your choice - in the end so I shouldn't really make a big fuss. Dude has a wife with a baby on the way. Another sad story.

Oh.
Ok.

Yeah, really not as much of an impact as Dio dying for me.
Only ever liked a few slipknot songs anyway.

^ Umm... I do, and I'm almost certain that I'm not the only Slipknot [ex]fan on these forums, so shove it, douchebag

No! Don't even suggest that the guy who made the party anthem might die. He's timeless.

The funny thing is I'm pretty sure he got a decently respectable degree from the University of Michigan before he became the partier we all know and love

Cause of death not determined yet, but it is likely it was from an Overdose.

Not to say that I am surprised because I always suspected Slipknot to be on some type of drugs, but hell, even I can't fault them, they did make some good music.

I actually downloaded All Hope is Gone last night because he died. Haven't listened to it yet though. Any good, Hlallu?

Havent listened to it all yet, but I love Snuff. Its one of those amazing almost acoustic songs, and I think its better than Vermilion pt2

Zeppelin broke up because the band wasn't complete, not because of their member size. Again, NOT comparing Slipknot to Zeppelin, just wondering what they're gonna do

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle