What are ya playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Longo_2_guns said:
Always go to the gym. Always upgrade your weapon. Always learn wrestling moves. Practice meleeing bosses and wrasslin them.

Shinobu was definitely the hardest boss for me. Everyone else was cake.

After I went back to Santa Destroy after losing a few times, I caved and bought the weapon but would have had to do some jobs or assassinations for the money to buy the two upgrades for it. But I'll definitely upgrade now.

And what's the trick for getting wrestling moves in on the bosses? Is it when they're guarding or in the middle of your melee attack when they let down their guard?

On Resident Evil 6.

not too bad. Better than 5 for sure. More to do, hate the railroading but i'm used to it from games like The Last of Us.

LinksOcarina said:
On Resident Evil 6.

not too bad. Better than 5 for sure. More to do, hate the railroading but i'm used to it from games like The Last of Us.

I wasn't very happy with 6. I was pretty disappointed. Leon's campaign was a lot of fun but Chris and Jake's campaigns not so much.

Chris has a campaign that is dragging a lot. I didn't do Jake or Ada yet, well see what they bring. I agree, Leon had a good one though.

Mass Effect, loving it! Mainly using Tali and Garrus to compliment my Adept and sometimes wish I went Nemesis for the massive singularity fields but Bastion's Stasis and unbelievable Barrier is amazing. With it I have more shields than Tali, and she is all shields.

LinksOcarina said:
Chris has a campaign that is dragging a lot. I didn't do Jake or Ada yet, well see what they bring. I agree, Leon had a good one though.

That's what I found. I found Chris' campaign to be repetitive and just kinda dragged on, so to speak. I don't want to shoot the game down for you too early but in all honesty I found Jake's campaign to be very much the same as Chris'. Same enemies, same feeling of play etc. Leon's campaign is certainly the best and most worth while.

HK-47 said:
Mass Effect, loving it! Mainly using Tali and Garrus to compliment my Adept and sometimes wish I went Nemesis for the massive singularity fields but Bastion's Stasis and unbelievable Barrier is amazing. With it I have more shields than Tali, and she is all shields.

Awesome! I just finished Mass Effect 1 the other day and have gone into 2. I went with Soldier again, my party consisted mostly of Garrus and Liara. Liara's Biotic abilities came in handy so often. Sometimes I would use Wrex instead of Liara, just to add some more brute force to the party.

Mass Effect, now most of the day is gone but I had a blast playing it. Got more to do and more to see and can crunch in a few more hours into it.

Master_Craig said:
HK-47 said:

Awesome! I just finished Mass Effect 1 the other day and have gone into 2. I went with Soldier again, my party consisted mostly of Garrus and Liara. Liara's Biotic abilities came in handy so often. Sometimes I would use Wrex instead of Liara, just to add some more brute force to the party.

I actually can't wait to start up the second one, but want the good DLC ones for it before I do. Still, will probably start it up soon after I complete Mass Effect, further stalling Dragon Age. Pure Biotics is awesome for crowd control and find myself using most of the abilities in every fight. If I didn't go Adept, Liara would definitely be in the party. And Garrus, he's a bro. If I found out how to make Wrex go all melee and crush faces, I would use him more often. Instead, it's Garrus. Someone on the team has to have combat and Tali just has shotguns while I have a pistol. But got the Spectre Shotgun and Sniper Rifle, so now it's permanently Garrus and Tali.

I am so late in catching up with the previous gen but like with the PS2, so utterly worth it.

Don't worry man, even though Mass Effect 1 is quite old now but it's still worth the play. I honestly hate the Mako segments.

You'll love Mass Effect 2. People may disagree with me, but I believe it's such a better game.

Liara was one of my party members of ME1 this time around because of her Biotic abilities. Like you, Garrus is my "bro", he's always my party member. As soon as I get Garrus, he's with me 'til the end.

On my last play through of ME1, I also used Tali and Garrus. In my first play through ever, I used Ashley and Garrus.

Mako is the worst when you have all these mountains to drive over and overall, I agree on it being bad but I did get a kick out of using my hover jets at the edge of a cliff or to try and flip it over. Still a bit of a bad mark on the game and then I found out about the survey stuff. Sometimes I randomly found stuff on the planet and then I knew I would have to search everywhere and slap on another few hours to find everything. Definitely out of the question.

If it somehow gets better in plot and writing, then I will be shocked in the most righteous way.

I sometimes switch out Garrus for someone else if it seems "Story worthy" or the character would be better for the plot but Tali is a mainstay for her Engineering skills.

The way I went :lol: Sometimes use Ashley as well for her Soldier abilities so I'd have everybody as a pure class at times.

Can definitely see myself playing this again as a female, one more "Pro-Human" and being the bad cop instead of a Paragon Peace Maker. Like how you're given the option to solve things peacefully or by the barrel of a gun, but with the "Bring Down the Sky" DLC, sometimes you just have to use violence.

And love the name "Bring Down the Sky".

"Bring Down The Sky" is one of the coolest titles I've ever heard for a storyline.

Yeah, I went Paragon again. I would be interested to see Renegade, sometime. I'm trying to do as much Paragon stuff as possible because in my last play through, I missed a few things and couldn't do some Paragon options due to missing things.

The Mako is so annoying. I didn't mind driving it on linear paths, but driving it over really annoying mountain terrain was... well, annoying. I find it funny that the Mako is returning in Mass Effect 4.

Bioware must be very confident to bring back the Mako...

If you're not playing as paragon female Shepard, you're doing it wrong.

I'm playing all at once: Enslaved, Madden 15, and The Golf Club. All great games.

HK-47 said:

Such an amazing game. Just hearing you talk about it makes me want to go back and replay it!

Do I have speedrunning in my genes? There were some parts in Super Mario Galaxy, which I discovered a faster alternative. For example, in this video (starts at 02:17:42 if it doesn't load automatically) shows where you're supposed to make the water frozen into ice, but I found it faster to wall jump and spin. Furthermore, there was an obstacle to go through to get to the other side of that area. However, I jumped to the wall, wall jumped and spinned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iqitdsd ... 6tG#t=8262

Another example was during this boss. You're supposed to press a button and it raises the platform. However, why do that when you can triple jump + spin?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iqitdsd ... 6tG#t=3660 (video starts at 01:01:00 if not automatically)

Mass Effect

I haven't played TF2 in days but Mass Effect is so good! Making good progress, capped out a few skills and the characters I use all have top-of-the-line weapons.

Master_Craig said:
"Bring Down The Sky" is one of the coolest titles I've ever heard for a storyline.

Yeah, I went Paragon again. I would be interested to see Renegade, sometime. I'm trying to do as much Paragon stuff as possible because in my last play through, I missed a few things and couldn't do some Paragon options due to missing things.

The Mako is so annoying. I didn't mind driving it on linear paths, but driving it over really annoying mountain terrain was... well, annoying. I find it funny that the Mako is returning in Mass Effect 4.

Bioware must be very confident to bring back the Mako...

Was it the options that carry over in the following games? Thinking that some of the DLC leads to continuity stuff and probably "Bring Down the Sky" for which ever option you choose. Think I'm doing alright as Paragon Shep, but even Paragon Shep has his limits and chews people out when need be. And killing terrorist scum irregardless of the consequences. Vigilantism!

If the path was linear I would sometimes tap the jets a few times to pop some wheelies but on the mountains, I pray I never have to use the jets. Sometimes I just take out a book or tablet when I'm in the Mako and going to some point on the map, just held down the W button and check up on it every so often. Much prefer asking aliens about their personal lives than driving around though.

I'd laugh if they didn't change how it controls, but I'll still play it 5 years after it's out, or when it becomes last gen.

Longo_2_guns said:
HK-47 said:
If it somehow gets better in plot and writing, then I will be shocked in the most righteous way.
I've got some bad news for you...

Cerberus, right? Or is that just the start of it? But I'll probably enjoy it and at least it'll have a better ending than Kotor II.

used44 said:
If you're not playing as paragon female Shepard, you're doing it wrong.

Next run is Renegade Female Shep, but Paragon Female is tempting.

Alex_Osborn said:
HK-47 said:

Such an amazing game. Just hearing you talk about it makes me want to go back and replay it!

The feeling I have playing this is close to (But below) when I first played Batman: Arkham Asylum. Like I'm taking a step forward into a greater tomorrow or just stepping into a new era of gaming that I haven't seen before. And makes me think of Kotor and how remarkable it was when I first played it.

On my PS3 run I'm playing as a Paragon female Shepard. My PC run was a Paragon male Shepard. With my PS3 run, I'm doing the stuff I'm actually more aware of now, e.g. missed out on PC.

As for Bring Down The Sky DLC, I've never played it before until recently on the PS3, so I actually don't know what the future holds for finishing it. We'll see!

Gah. I just want to play more. But I'm at work.

I barely got any sleep last night if at all and here I am, past 2 AM and mere minutes after finishing Mass Effect. And it was totally worth it, because Bastion is amazing as all hell in how ridiculously powerful Stasis is with the Bastion skill capped, the choices I made and one of my favorite bits: Maxed charm, or the Paragon way of going about the final battle. What it led to shocked me and it was damn good.

Going to pick up Lair of the Shadow Broker and Kasumi before I start up ME 2, but damn that was a good game.

Master_Craig said:
On my PS3 run I'm playing as a Paragon female Shepard. My PC run was a Paragon male Shepard. With my PS3 run, I'm doing the stuff I'm actually more aware of now, e.g. missed out on PC.

As for Bring Down The Sky DLC, I've never played it before until recently on the PS3, so I actually don't know what the future holds for finishing it. We'll see!

Gah. I just want to play more. But I'm at work.

That is a treat, don't know how much one can miss as a Paragon or Renegade if they keep up their charm or intimidate levels, but I know I missed a few. And I know my decisions as a Paragon probably closed some paths in future games. Still pretty neat to go through it again and clean it up as a do-gooder.

I can definitely see the events of "Bring Down the Sky" effecting later events depending on your choice.

I've got some bad news for you...

Anyway, I got Saints Row 4 and have been playing that. It's a pretty fun superhero game, but it feels... empty. There's only like three or four mission types and you do them over and over. And there's no reason to drive or fly or shoot because your superpowers are better.

It's basically just a collectathon game.

I doubt I'll play it for much longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133