What are ya playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
After beating the PS3 ports of God of War: Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta, I decided to go back in time and play Final Fantasy 8.

They were having a half-off sale on PSN, so I bought FF5, 6, 8 and 9. I'm gonna try and throw in a few modern titles in between each game.

So, I just finished Spec Ops: The Line that I got off of PS+. Wow, I heartily enjoyed this game.

Mind blown...and not from the grisly headshots.

Glad you liked it Brett.

SimCity and Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (I'm probably not going to finish this one, but I gotta get through enough for the review.)

Bretimus_v2 said:
So, I just finished Spec Ops: The Line that I got off of PS+. Wow, I heartily enjoyed this game.

Mind blown...and not from the grisly headshots.
Sounds good to me, I'll play that after I'm finish with God of War.

danielrbischoff said:
Glad you liked it Brett.

SimCity and Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (I'm probably not going to finish this one, but I gotta get through enough for the review.)

How's sim city working for you? Server issues?

I bought Tomb Raider during a look at the wal-mart game case for 10 mins moment. I have to say, this might be my favorite game in months. I'm about to start a second file and attempt a 100%, but I just cant get over how good the game was.

Also, i just downloaded spec ops: the line on ps+ so ill be seeing what a few of you are raving about soon enough.

I still need to play Spec Ops: The Line. Heard it was good, but at times a little too... pretentious? I dunno. I'll have to play it.

As for me, I've been playing Sid Meier's Pirates! once again. One of my favorite games absolutely. I got lucky as fuck and started right next to Black Bart, so I immediately got a good ship and a lot of gold.

Spec Ops has some frustrating issues. It takes forever to reload checkpoints, much like BF3, but it thankfully doesn't send you half an hour of gameplay backward each time. Still, having a lot of trial-and-error, it really makes things drag on longer than I can keep myself interested. I can't imagine how agonizing it would be to play on anything harder than the normal difficulty.

Another thing is how CoD teammate-esque stupid your squad mates are. They do absolutely nothing other than somehow manage to successfully assassinate enemies the few times you have the opportunity to command them to. No amount of wit and humor is going to ease the pain of having to babysit two nimrods while simultaneously trying to keep yourself out of the continuous stream of bullets being fired at you from 1,000 feet away.

used44 said:
How's sim city working for you? Server issues?
Way too many issues. I was determined so I got in and played like 2-3 hours in single player. I started two cities in the same region because I didn't have the space for a city hall expansion I needed. Quit for the night, and next day couldn't do online, couldn't even load the single player region I had started... So I'm not going back until later this month after work has cleared. And less server load.

It can be supremely addicting though. Those 2-3 hours flew by.

Zajix said:
I bought Tomb Raider during a look at the wal-mart game case for 10 mins moment. I have to say, this might be my favorite game in months. I'm about to start a second file and attempt a 100%, but I just cant get over how good the game was.

Also, i just downloaded spec ops: the line on ps+ so ill be seeing what a few of you are raving about soon enough.
Isn't it such a good game? I mean it got some much hate about the rape, but she's a really powerful character.

How far in are you?

I completed Tomb Raider last night and the I enjoyed every minute of the game. Lara surprised me a bit in that she wasn't just a generic, overly used and lame hero type (although the rest of the cast bleeds lameness).

I never saw the rape scene while I played, Although part of me thinks it would be strange to play through again just for some rape scene.

The first guy Lara has to kill pushes her against the wall and touches her hips. Hardly rape, but it got some bad press pre-release due to some dumb comments.

Oh, death scenes. I bet that could get pretty intense. I must have just hit those QTEs right. I still doubt a button miss would have result in death by rape though.

One of main gripes about the single player is the rage meter and how you can only do certain combos when its full but other than that its fun

Gunner37 said:
One of main gripes about the single player is the rage meter and how you can only do certain combos when its full but other than that its fun
It fills up faster on Fire, but honestly I'm not very good at the combat in single-player so I didn't have much use for Rage mode either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133