What are ya playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Galactic Civilizations II: Dread Lords; when was it 2 AM? Wasn't it 11:30 PM five minutes ago?
Always lose track of time with these kinda games, especially this one.

Playing Dragon Age: Awakenings. People seem to have bashed it quite a bit when it was released. Somehow I like it more than Origins.

Am I weird? Oo

Speaking of dead space I rented the first one from blockbuster when it came out and never got to finish it. I liked it and it is one of the few games that stayed scary for me but wasn't to scary and I wouldn't enjoy it. I want to play the second one but I wanted to finish the first for story but thanks DS2's demo intro video there's no point anymore

Got Crysis 2 in the mail from gamefly I would be playing that right now but I have to study for my Economics test and some college algreba homework. I read the review GR posted and it got a "A-" I think so sounds like it's a good game. Never played the first one though...

EDIT: if DS2 didn't mean dead space 2 then interpreting mistake on my part

Delorean88 said:
I have to study for my Economics test

Fuck yeah Econ

Anyways...

I started another play through of Dragon Age Origins as an elf rogue, it's pretty cool to see how people treat you differently for being an elf...

Also have been playing Just Cause 2 and Dirt 2 a lot lately also.

Green_Lantern said:
Delorean88 said:

f*** yeah Econ

Anyways...

I started another play through of Dragon Age Origins as an elf rogue, it's pretty cool to see how people treat you differently for being an elf...

Just Cause 2... one of the better sandbox game I've played.

Unlimited parachutes hooo! :D

Kijan said:
Green_Lantern said:
Delorean88 said:

f*** yeah Econ

Anyways...

Just Cause 2... one of the better sandbox game I've played.

Unlimited parachutes hooo! :D
Just Cause 2 was great, I didn't like the first and was worried about the second but I honestly find it as one of the few sandbox games that is repetitive but at the same time still loads of fun. Zip lining and parachuting never got old especially when you master it. So was attaching a guy to a car or helicopter and seeing him get drag away helplessly. Or if you have a dark sense of humor like me attach him to a tree branch and as he hangs shoot him down...... I'm not a psycho okay.....

Played about 2 hours of Crysis 2 last night and it's really cool, I like it and the campaign so far seems good enough to keep interest though I'm a sucker for sci-fi so I'm really liking the whole alien invasion setting.

I'm actually playing Just Cause 2 right now too. I had about the same thoughts as you: hated the first, pleasantly surprised with the sequel. The controls feel clunky until you get a handle on them. I think that's why I didn't like the demo, but now I'm zipping around with ease. It's challenging on hard difficulty too. Like GTA the military is powerful enough to take you down if your wanted level gets high enough.

I wish I'm playing it but playing Midtown Madness 2. Tearing up the streets with arcade physics and loose cannon cops has never been more fun.

Just Cause 2? Hmmm, I had just finished with Red Faction: Guerilla (which I didn't finish, I was just finished with it) when I tried it out and disliked it. All this talk is making me think I need to go back and retry it.

Bretimus_v2 said:
Just Cause 2? Hmmm, I had just finished with Red Faction: Guerilla (which I didn't finish, I was just finished with it) when I tried it out and disliked it. All this talk is making me think I need to go back and retry it.

Somehow I liked it a lot more when I got the hang of it.

There's just something about taking over a MIG in midair. :p

Viewtiful Joe 2, it's taking so long to get Zoom and enough points to get the increased recovery for the VFX meter.
But Slow + Zoom + Y (Hold) = Slow RHOH would be so worth it.

Kijan said:
Bretimus_v2 said:

Somehow I liked it a lot more when I got the hang of it.

There's just something about taking over a MIG in midair. :p

Yeah, it's a game you need to get the hang of before you really start to enjoy it. You'll begin to understand what enemies are capable of and how best to cause chaos as you play. It still probably isn't everybody's cup of tea, but I find it a fun game to sink a couple of hours into a couple of times a week. I'm currently focusing on finishing all the plane races.

Bretimus_v2 said:
I really liked RF:G, though I never finished it either. I was on the last mission, where the enemy comes at you in unceasing numbers and you're in a tank. Shit's annoying.

JC:2 is better though.

It was just repetitive and their were several missions that were more of a pain than they were worth. Love the weapons, vehicles. But with next to no story and no drive behind completing repetitve missions...I just slowly burned out on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133