What are ya playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Delorean88 said:
It's always good to see someone else who pleasures in the adventure of completing achievements. A friend of mine tells me it's a waste of time but I get a little form of ecstacy when I hear that notification noise and the image of newly found gamerscore. Thankfully I haven't resorted to playing games like Avatar to fill my achievement needs...... well not yet...

Just got Homefront through gamefly today in the mail, only played some games of the multiplayer and it's enjoyable nothing major or worth going to the store to buy. Though I'm not liking how I have to pay $10 (800 MP) so I can get past the lvl 5 XP cap in the multiplayer. I hate spending money, I spend MP as if it's the Apocalypse and I don't want to pay $10 (technically 5 since I already have 400 MP) to further play multiplayer for a game I'll return in *insert #* of days/weeks. I'm also having problems with either getting the extra 400 MP and using it to get the new Defiant Map Pack for Halo or spend it on Homefront or (my preferred choice) not spend money. Convince me if I should go for Homefront

Don't spend it on Homefront if you're renting. That's stupid. Do you own Halo? How often do you play it? Are maps really going to extend the life of that multiplayer game that much for you? I'm sure there are ENTIRELY DIFFERENT games on XBLA that you could spend 400-800 MSP on.

What's your gamertag? Add me: danielrbischoff I'll play Halo with you but I have not and don't plan on buying any of the map packs.

danielrbischoff said:
^ Why haven't I played a Pikmin game? I'm about to move into my new apartment and unpack my Gamecube all over again. Time to hit half.com for some GCN games.

The second is totally worth the price of admission ($32 on that site, quite surprised). For this run alone, clocked in about 19 hours, 23 if you count resets. But overall, well over 45-50 for runs I've started and never got around to completing.

Longo_2_guns said:
Also, I'm replaying Persona 4 for like the third time. Good stuff.

When will they release a remake of it on the PS3?

I am playing Homefront, and a lot of it.

I love the fact there are not little kids talking about boobs, and cussing for the hell of it all over the mics. The community actually seems pretty legit. People working together, communicating, helping each other out, etc...

Graphics are pretty unflattering, but I really like the gameplay. It could definitely use some more maps for Battle Commander Ground Control

Toledo said:

I love the fact there are not little kids talking about boobs, and cussing for the hell of it all over the mics. The community actually seems pretty legit. People working together, communicating, helping each other out, etc...

Graphics are pretty unflattering, but I really like the gameplay. It could definitely use some more maps for Battle Commander Ground Control
What's your gamertag? We should hop into a game together.

danielrbischoff said:
Toledo said:

What's your gamertag? We should hop into a game together.

Toleeedo, shoot me a friend invite and we can get a game in together. Until they split us up on opposite teams after the first match, lol. I hope they fix the party issues.

New Castlevania. Gorgeous, beautiful, stunning game. Loving it so far.

Patrick Stewart my love, how thine voice lifts spirits on high...

Out of all the games I have it's the one I play the most maybe once everyday or at least whenever I have freetime. I'm just going to do what I did with Halo 3, wait till they hopefully become free then download them. If Bungie doesn't do that then I'll just wait till I have to buy them to keep playing.

Green_Lantern said:
Wait...You have to spend MSpoints to get passed level 5 in Homefront?

What the f***?!

I'm guessing it's for like security.... or something, I prefer to think of it as the company trying to make more money (but I do know that isn't why it exists), sure it's only a problem to those who rent but that can still be a hefty majority. I wrapped it up today and put it in the mail, I tried playing the campaign but it really didn't grip me and playing it to get the simple achievements felt like work. I only got to mission 3 and stopped, deciding on either getting Crysis 2, Fallout New Vegas, Borderlands (never beat it and I want to) or Batman next through gamefly

Daniel sent you an invite, whenever you want to play halo just let me know I play any mode except griftball, can't stand griftball

JCD said:
New Castlevania. Gorgeous, beautiful, stunning game. Loving it so far.

Patrick Stewart my love, how thine voice lifts spirits on high...
Oh man I loved that game. Seriously, I fell in love with it. Really sunk its hooks into me. Can't wait for the DLC. I don't hold on to a lot of games I review (because I usually review crap) but I kept Lords of Shadow. Tell me more of what you think of it? How far are you?

Bretimus_v2 said:
I always wish I had a DS whenever a new Pokemon comes out.

It's a great game, but I've had it since launch and I still haven't challenged the first Gym Leader. Its not that it is a bad game or anything, I've just been busy and not felt like playing Pokemon lately.

Perhaps not a wise purchase at this time.

I'm at a loose end. At the moment I'm playing Dead Space 2 just to upgrade weapons etc. But I'm not very into it.

I need a conventional japanese RPG that isnt tales of vesperia, magna carta 2 or FF13....anyone got any recommendations?

MattAY said:
I'm at a loose end. At the moment I'm playing Dead Space 2 just to upgrade weapons etc. But I'm not very into it.

I need a conventional japanese RPG that isnt tales of vesperia, magna carta 2 or FF13....anyone got any recommendations?

Valkyria Chronicles, Dragon Quest 8 (PS2), Disgaea 3, Persona, Star Ocean: Till the End of Time (PS2)?

From the top of my head. :)

I'm playing games I haven't finished the story for. Grand Theft Auto IV is making me a little irritated because I'm playing so many missions that are the exact same task.

I ordered Assassin's Creed, Assassin's Creed II, and Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood to play on my days off. I borrowed Assassin's Creed from my buddy and never finished it.

^The Assassin's Creed games are great (haven't played Brotherhood yet, but I'm sure it is great) but you will get super burned out on them if you try to play them back-to-back-to-back. A lot of sameness. Assassin's Creed 2 is infinitely long as it is. I want to play Brotherhood soon but I'm still feeling pretty burned out from playing 2 kinda recently.

As I said, I just started playing Brotherhood and if it weren't for the ability to pop over to multiplayer every once in a while, I probably wouldn't be enjoying this as much.

danielrbischoff said:
Oh man I loved that game. Seriously, I fell in love with it. Really sunk its hooks into me. Can't wait for the DLC. I don't hold on to a lot of games I review (because I usually review crap) but I kept Lords of Shadow. Tell me more of what you think of it? How far are you?
Not very far at all, still the second "world" I think, just at the labyrinth entrance. The atmosphere in this game is truly astounding. I was expecting good things from it, but it's quickly making it's way up my favourite games of the last ten years list. The voice acting is brilliant, the environments are the best I've seen in a long time and the mix of combat and exploration is perfect.

It might sound weird, but this reminds me a lot of a little game called Knytt.
http://nifflas.ni2.se/?page=Knytt
It, like Castlevania, kept me content just with it's environments and atmosphere.

As far as Assassin's Creed games go, 2 is much better than Brotherhood, save for the multiplayer part. That makes it so that 2 is only somewhat better than Brotherhood.

Longo_2_guns said:
As far as Assassin's Creed games go, 2 is much better than Brotherhood, save for the multiplayer part. That makes it so that 2 is only somewhat better than Brotherhood.
But it's still better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle