What are ya playing?

Discussion in 'Archive' started by used44, Oct 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NickKmet

NickKmet Regular

yeah, i felt the story was really compelling, much more so than the first one. And it was less tedious as well. Brotherhood was the same way for me too. I basically marathoned the game because i liked it so much.

2. kingg5

kingg5 Rookie

Well I played the first one but I wasn't stuck on it.

3. used44

used44 Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Assassin's Creed not tedious? Lol.

4. NickKmet

NickKmet Regular

The first one got boring after a while because you just did the same thing over and over again. No variety really. They fixed that problem mostly.

5. Bretimus_v2

Bretimus_v2 So tired.

I know that a lot of people trash the AC series, but 1 was great. Looked great, ran smoothly. 2 just expanded off the original and was just huge. Brotherhood got a little away from some core elements for me but expanded the city building which was by and far the best addition to 2. I also liked putting together my own team and wish they had better handled it's use and expanded it from more than just a quick kill system.

Back to main point. I like AC.

6. kingg5

kingg5 Rookie

I just wanna get around to playing all of them for the new one thats coming out.

7. danielrbischoff

It's insane that year over year the game is better.... Thats a huge accomplishment for yearly releases. But now that I've handed an A out to it I'm going to be judging revelations harder.

Considering an AC marathon before the summer is over....

Also Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet for review.

8. Longo_2_guns

Longo_2_guns Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

That A really surprised me, simply because the single player felt a little bit phoned in.

9. stylekiller

stylekiller Rookie

I actually felt the single player was really fleshed out on gameplay and narrative, until the ending then it felt rushed. But then again I suppose most "cliff hangers" are.

10. danielrbischoff

In terms of mechanics, like combat gameplay, the city building, etc, and side missions that felt much more meaningful than previous installments, and the fact that multiplayer actually WORKED (and that I didn't expect it to, I expected multiplayer to be shit), I felt like an A was well deserved by Brotherhood. The cliffhanger was huge for people who've been with the series this whole time.

Frankly I think Revelations won't be able to top Brotherhood, which will be disappointing, but so long as it doesn't take a dump on everything the series has built up so far, I'll still love it.

All this talk has me heading back into the animus.

11. danielrbischoff

True.

Welcome to the forums!

12. Longo_2_guns

Longo_2_guns Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Really, the story jumped around a whole lot and contained too many parts with really no significance whatsoever. Gameplaywise it was an improvement, but there's still flaws. Like the levels where you're supposed to get to a certain point without being seen, you can literally shoot everyone with the crossbow and no one will get even the tiniest bit alert, even if you shoot the person right next to them. But there are parts where if you assassinate someone with the hidden blade and they see you right before they die, but it's still mission failure.

For the story, I don't really remember exacts because it wasn't that good, and definitely not as good as 2's. And the one level of Rome really pales in comparison to Florence and Venice and all the other little places you could go to.

Really, 2 was a better game in almost every regard.

13. kapow

kapow Regular

I'm pretty excited for revelations, surely we'll meet jupiter at the end

14. danielrbischoff

Yeah I can't wait to see what the fuck is going on with desmond after he stabbed lucy and the voices were like "get him back in the animus" and then crazy shit happened and what's this he's in an animus in an animus what the fuck is going on omg omg omg omg. Also improved multiplayer.

15. NickKmet

NickKmet Regular

I really hope thatLucy isn't dead...... it would be such a shame.

16. De-Ting

De-Ting Rookie

I like this. Can we keep talking about how much better ACII was? Just completely disregard how fugly Lucy was, and remember, "It's-a me, Mario!"

17. danielrbischoff

I know... seems like the way they answer a ton of questions in revelations is reveal that oh shit everyone is dead and everything you've been doing was nothing hahaha isn't it crazy what we did here's some more story but that'd be a fast way to get people to unplug and stop buying their games :-/

18. NickKmet

NickKmet Regular

that would be stupid.

19. stylekiller

stylekiller Rookie

Thanks! Have been reader since 99 (first review I read was Postal), and finally got the balls to leave my Pynchon-like sabbatical to post.

20. stylekiller

stylekiller Rookie

No, what would be stupid if it was never real and all thought out by a sickly child with a snow globe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.