What are ya playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I split Rainbow Six: Siege with my roommate. It's hard to describe, but the gameplay feels more solid than what I remember from the Beta: The guns have more recoil and feel more bombastic. especially the shotguns. I don't remember the blood splatter effects being quite as errr juicy either.

Solid game; tons of fun; very tactical!!

Who else is playing? Bret?

Do we have an official thread for this game? I didn't see one on the first few pages.

I mess around in terrorist hunt with a couple of my buddies, but I really haven't played a whole lot of Siege. It's pretty enjoyable though.

I've gotten back into Diablo 3 now that Season 5 came out. Currently running a Crusader on Torment 8.

Got Assassin's Creed Syndicate on the deals. It's actually pretty good!

They nailed the London feel, and the music along with the dialogue really makes you feel like you're in Victorian London.
Jacob and Evie are very likeable characters too. Evie being the clever one, whilst Jacob is the joker. They play off one another well and you learn to like them pretty quickly.

Missions are a nice mix too! Puzzles in famous buildings for one, and then a proper assassination mission in a mad man's hospital, with an imaginative assassination option
:
The doctor you're assassinating is performing live lobotomy surgery in front of an audience. You have the option of using yourself as the next carcass on show, and then you assassinate him just before he makes the first incision!
I honestly felt there was more creativity in that mission than the last 3 AC's combined! Granted I'm only at Sequence 5, but I'm really enjoying it so far.

Curiosity got the better of me and I ended up buying the latest and final DLC package of Batman: Arkham Knight, being The Season of Infamy.

This DLC pack leads you back into playing as Batman in the main story, but you're given an extra four "Most Wanted" side missions, dealing with Mr. Freeze, Killer Croc, the Mad Hatter and Ra'as Al Ghul.

I played and finished both Killer Croc's as well as Mr. Freeze's missions. They were fun and good stories with new places to explore, but they were both very short. I finished both of them in about ten to fifteen minutes each.

I had a look at reviews online and a lot of people are complaining about the overall length, which is apparently about an hour or so for all four missions. For $14.95 AUD, that's a bit of a rip off, in my opinion.

I haven't downloaded any other packs... not going to worry about the Robin or Catwoman pack. Costumes don't interest me, unless they're free, and The Dark Knight 2008 film skin does honestly look pretty cool to use in the game.

The Witness and AC Syndicate.

The Witness is good, but not GR 5-star good. They need to stop dragging that 5-star rating through the mud.

AC Syndicate keeps impressing me. It's like the 3rd best AC for me!

I finished the Ra'as Al Ghul DLC "The Shadow War" in Batman: Arkham Knight. Just like the Killer Croc and Mr. Freeze DLCs, it was a good story and it was for its time, fun to play, but it only lasted about fifteen minutes or so.

Got one more left and that's the Mad Hatter.

Yeah I've been circling back and enjoying them for what they are. They definitely put out a really long cycle of DLC. I almost would've enjoyed something more robust than all these nuggets. But it's a ton of content and that Batman Beyond skin is just ridiculously cool to play with.

Last night I finished the Mad Hatter's mission in the Batman: Arkham Knight Season of Infamy DLC pack.

Mad Hatter's mission was boring. I'd say the least entertaining of the four missions. It was essentially fetch quests that involved the same hacking puzzle at the end of it, followed by some bizarre, trippy dream sequence thing which didn't make any sense, which at the very least is a fight, but an easy one at that.

The four missions were all quite short, I'd say about ten to fifteen minutes each, so you've probably got an hour's worth of extra content. The stories aren't bad, they're actually really good for the most part (in particular, Mr. Freeze and Ra'as Al Ghul) but for an hour's worth of content, fifteen Australian bucks is not really worth it.

I'm gonna go back to playing Final Fantasy X, I reckon... or maybe Zombi.

Tales of Maj'Eyal, working on a Cornac/Paradox Mage, specializing in Gravity and with the extra Cat point, I can get the Flux tree with the delicious Reality Smearing. Good stuff.

Been playing Sherlock Holmes: Crime and Punishments. Finished every case with the correct solution, so it's not very hard, but I do like how you have to piece clues together and determine what outcome you think is correct.

I have played Black Flag, and it is fun. But it's neck and neck with Syndicate for me. I'm a story and character kinda guy, and Jacob and Evie have much more going for them than "Haytham's dad"

Just reviewed the The Witness, and I am reviewing another game I can't talk about yet due to embargo. Let me just say it's quite good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod