What are ya playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend of mine lent me The Order: 1886. I didn't want to buy the game due to what I've heard and since my friend is a manager of one of the EB Games stores here, he lent me a manager's copy of the game.

It looks absolutely amazing, probably the best looking game I've ever seen, but other than that it it's honestly pretty shit.

The game itself fails to engage me, it's very slow paced and the action sequences feel very repetitive. The introduction sequence of the game was ridiculously boring. The music is also, despite being orchestra, pretty bland. I also felt that despite the game's brilliant graphics, the environments themselves were rather bland at is was just typical London streets everywhere and not exactly the most colourful place around.

I know most reviewers were disappointed with this game and rightfully so, but it boggles me how some reviewers think a game like this is superior to that of Dying Light. To each their own I suppose.

Indeed it was gorgeous as hell. I kept falling asleep while playing. Yes, I bought it. I had money and wad taking a risk at a new IP.

Played Life is Strange Episode 2. The ending was really good, and unexpected I must say. I want more!

That then sparked me to buy and start playing The Walking Dead Season 1...it's about time right?! Fucking amazing so far, and I haven't even finished chapter 1.

Haha, nice.

The Walking Dead: Season 1 is great. I've still yet to play its expansion, or even Season 2 for that matter.

Still playing Pillars of Eternity for PC. I'm enjoying it, I really love these old school RPGs... unfortunately, the story seems a little difficult to follow and doesn't seem that memorable. Still, I'm enjoying the exploration aspect, side quests and learning about this world.

Nice, MattAY! I got The Walking Dead S1 and S2 for $12.50 during a PS4 sale. You'll be happy to know once you're finished with S1, you've earned a platinum. Still haven't played the DLCs for those, yet. I would like to go back and do the most f*cked up choices, because some of them are funny to be evil.

I still haven't finished part 5 of TWD...eh, it's Ok. But for a game where they hyped up all of your choices, they really don't make a bunch of difference.

After being stuck on Fire Emblem Awakening forever and putting it down for a month, I picked it back up and beat Chapter 18 on my first try (which NEVER happens). So I'm getting back into that. That difficult spike around Chapter 15 was brutal though.

I need to get back into Fire Emblem, but I'm terrible at SRPGs.

I just picked up Monster Hunter 4. It seems fun, but I hardly know what the heck I'm doing.

I finally made it to chapter 3 in the Witcher 2, but the gargoyles are giving me an experience that I can assume is akin to anal sex without lube. So I'm taking a short break from that one.

I'm still playing Pillars of Eternity for PC and after about forty five hours into the game I've encountered a nasty bug and I'm having trouble finding a solution online... so I don't know if it's a bug per say, or if I've done something wrong. If anyone has played, or is currently playing Pillars of Eternity, gimme a holler on this one.

I'll post the problem below with spoiler tags, but I won't white font them due to GRians who use mobile.

Spoilers:

So I've met Lady Webb in Defiance Bay and I've given her all the information she needs about the Leaden Key. Now she wants me to go into this hearing thingo about animancy. She says I will need an invitation from one of the three main factions of Defiance Bay. I've done all quests for the Crucible Knights and I spoke to their leader and he told me I could go to the hearing on behalf of them. The quest journal then told me to return to Lady Webb and talk to her as my quest journal says I am the guest/representative of the Crucible Knights.

Upon my return to Lady Webb, I'm only given one dialogue option and that's along the lines of "I've burned the bridges to all these factions", basically... so it is forcing me to give her the worst option, despite receiving permission from the Crucible Knights. I'm really confused?

I've tried looking for a solution online and it seems others are having issues too but no solution yet is in place. A patch was recently released for the game overhauling a lot of stuff but this issue may still be in place?

End spoilers.

TheDiesel said:
MattAY said:
Played Life is Strange Episode 2. The ending was really good, and unexpected I must say. I want more!

Great game. Soundtrack is easily one of the best this year.

Absolutely. That Local Natives song right at the end was perfect.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

Such a great game. Doing things very different this time. Going archery and making my pawn do combat.

Little bit bored of Pillars of Eternity unfortunately, so I've moved back to Far Cry 4. Having a lot of fun taking over the big fortresses.

The Witcher III: Wild Hunt is out tomorrow, so I'm going to get my grubby little hands on that.

As soon as I get time after work one day I'm hopping down to grab FFX hd remaster for PS4, and sitting my fat ass down and playing the nob out of it. I'm going for dark aeons and everything - never got that far before....I think because the dark magus sisters were blocking the way to an item I needed for a damage dealt limit breaker? Cant remember!

To sum up : fuck yes.

My brother came over for a couple hours today and we played Super Mario 64. I think we got about 35 stars in that time. Great nostalgia trip with perhaps the best game ever, though it's really glaring how much more polished the first handful of worlds are compared to the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod