What are ya playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gears 3 Beta and Monday Night Combat to get me back into the Team Fortress type groove for Brink. So excited for it I honestly think it's gonna live to it's standards though honestly I think they did a terrible job promoting it cause the only people who know about this game to my knowledge are people who are serious gamers and keep up with upcoming games. I saw a commercial for it on TV and was shocked, it was a rare occurrence. If in the unfortunate chance it turns out bad then I'm gonna return it and get Batman Arkham Ayslum.

Also some buddies of mine from high school have been getting back into Borderlands and the GOTY edition is like around $20, should I get it? Played Borderlands before but didn't finish it, loved it though.

Delorean88 said:
Also some buddies of mine from high school have been getting back into Borderlands and the GOTY edition is like around $20, should I get it? Played Borderlands before but didn't finish it, loved it though.
Yeah get it! I just picked it up too and I need co-op partners who aren't leveled to infinity and beyond!

Damn, just realized I unlocked a ton of neat character skins in Force Unleashed II. I did a couple challenges as Boba Fett, then a challenge as a scout trooper who looked hilarious wielding two lightsabers.

Speaking of the challenges, they're really neat. Similar to Arkham Asylum I guess but with more variation. They also give you experience, which is great, I need to level up my powers way more before I take on the Unleashed difficulty. I might also look up a guide to finding the holocrons I missed so my health bar will be maxed.

Finished Bulletstorm and Heavy Rain, both a lot of fun and highly enjoyable.

Went back to working on Arkham Asylum, hoping to finish that one. I'm also plugging away at Red Dead Redemption at the moment. Just got Mortal Kombat from Gamefly as well. Tons of fun! Most fun I've had with a MK game since the first two.

Got Brink through gamefly, it's not as good as I thought it would be. It's still decent but in my opinion not what it should of been. I like the customization and SMART but the maps are meh and each online match I join has terrible lag. The story is borders being a joke but the AI are at least decent enough to play with. I like how I can play offline freeplay battles with AI in case I lost connection or don't feel like playing with people. But maybe my opinion will change the minute I play a online match that doesn't have lag. I enjoyed Quake Wars and Wolfenstein enemy territory but I wonder why I'm shocked this one didn't have a story.... Hey at least they changed the color scheme from brown and brownish to blue and red

A ton of Persona 4 since I've gotten home from college...Although I never know what to do to maximize my social link and stuff...

Thinking about getting LA Noire next week - or whenever it comes out - but don't know what platform to get it on...And there's also The Witcher 2 which would be better anyways...

Green_Lantern said:
A ton of Persona 4 since I've gotten home from college...Although I never know what to do to maximize my social link and stuff...

Thinking about getting LA Noire next week - or whenever it comes out - but don't know what platform to get it on...And there's also The Witcher 2 which would be better anyways...

I think it would be better to get it for the PS3 --> they said that they have made the game with the PS3 in their mind. Seems like a better way of doing things. You can read about it somewhere here on GR... :p

I still don't think that's going to mean the Xbox 360 version is going to be any worse. The PS3 is notoriously difficult to develop for so it makes sense to start with the hard machine and port to the easier one. Also, it was a PS3 exclusive for several years of development so of course it was programmed with PS3 first.

used44 said:
I still don't think that's going to mean the Xbox 360 version is going to be any worse. The PS3 is notoriously difficult to develop for so it makes sense to start with the hard machine and port to the easier one. Also, it was a PS3 exclusive for several years of development so of course it was programmed with PS3 first.

Pretty much.

The only difference, to me, would be the 3 discs vs. 1 disc but that doesn't really matter all that much.

Green_Lantern said:
The only difference, to me, would be the 3 discs vs. 1 disc but that doesn't really matter all that much.

PS3 also has an exclusive downloadable case... ummm "Consul's Car Traffic" case. Again, probably due to it's heritage as a once-PS3-exclusive game.

I just hope there are some allusions to Dragnet or the Harry Callahan movies somewhere in the game. You'd think there would have to be. Every time I read about LA Noire I think of Joe Friday and Bill Gannon.

Haven't been able to play diddly squat lately, recently got a on campus job being a orientation team leader at my university and with the busy training schedule and doing stuff with my fellow leader buddies my x360 has for the first time collected dust. But one of my OTL buddies brought his N64 with super smash bros, mario kart, pod racing, rogue squadron, tony hawk pro skater so a bunch of the guys having been gathering in my room basically everyday playing one of those games. Played a little bit of Brink today but I'm probably gonna return it soon and get Batman or Borderlands. Even though I haven't gotten all the achievements I'd still probably just go unfinished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133