What are ya playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has it's own kind of hardness. Small mistake easily ends up in death and unlike in meat boy it takes some time to regain the progress. Time and luck.

I know the game pretty well from playing the original to get decent runs going most of the time and completed the game normally a few times now. Got to the second Hell stage in todays daily challenge mode. Felt really good, but Yuma is still there waiting to be beaten.

Easily one of my favorite games.

Too many fucking games. I bought a shit load during the Steam summer sale and now instead of sticking with one, I hop all over the place. That's the problem with not having to get up and change discs. I never would put that kind of effort in to game hop if I had to swap discs. Fuck I'm lazy.

Picked up Splinter Cell: Blacklist last night for PC, the Ultimate Edition or whatever it is. I've only played one mission, but in a nutshell I really like the game so far.

I am a big fan of the Splinter Cell series... getting the first game on the Game Cube, then all the rest (Pandora Tomorrow, Chaos Theory, Double Agent and Conviction) all on PC. I got Chaos Theory on the 3Ds too but that was a HUGE mistake.

Now, to go a little in-depth... you can stop reading here if you want to. :p

I like how they've kept the gameplay from Splinter Cell: Conviction but have returned to the style of previous titles like Chaos Theory, e.g. a little more flexibility and room for stealth, multiple pathways in each level which encourages exploration, as well as being able to incapacitate foes by non-lethal means, if you wish to engage them at all (so far, engaging seems to be optional). I didn't quite like it how Conviction forced you to fight, and forced you to fight using lethal techniques only.

I also like the idea of being able to upgrade Sam's equipment. In a way, it seems kind of silly to have to buy new gloves or whatever with funds acquired from completing missions, but I think it's cool that all these upgrades, being gadgets, weapons, Sam's suit and goggles etc. don't just provide cosmetic effect, but also effect actual gameplay and in Sam's performance in general. Items are also upgradeable to the player's desired play style being ghost, panther or assault. So far I'm aiming for ghost - but panther sounds fun too. Due to pre-ordering the Ultimate Edition, I've got my Sam running around in the costume from Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.

I haven't touched the storyline missions. I'm really liking the idea of the side missions, and there seems to be a fair bit in variety. I'd like to try and complete as many side missions as I can before actually beginning the storyline. It's cool to see that some of these side missions can be played either solo or co-op however some of these side missions are co-op only... and I don't have anyone to play with yet. :(

Like a lot of people have been complaining about, but I'm still not a hundred percent sure about the new voice actor, Eric Johnson, as Sam Fisher. Sam is meant to be a guy in his early to mid 50's, but the voice just sounds a little young. I understand why Ubisoft chose a new actor for Sam, but it's just a little difficult to get around, considering all the previous games featured Michael Ironside as Sam. I remember reading in this article from Daniel on GR - http://www.gamerevolution.com/manifesto ... list-21067 - user Starling suggested an idea, what if Splinter Cell: Blacklist featured a brand new operative, a new Splinter Cell (since Sam isn't the only one) with Sam acting as a side character, the leader of Fourth Echelon as this theoretical character's commanding officer and mentor? That way, Michael Ironside still could have been Sam, and this Eric Johnson could have been the new character?

Regardless... I'm really liking this game. It's a shame that after work tonight I have to go to the movies and have a social life, or else I would be playing Blacklist tonight. :p

Lethean said:
Too many fucking games. I bought a shit load during the Steam summer sale and now instead of sticking with one, I hop all over the place. That's the problem with not having to get up and change discs. I never would put that kind of effort in to game hop if I had to swap discs. Fuck I'm lazy.

This is basically what I do.

Kinda bored. I'm about to 100% Naruto Storm 3 and I dont know what to play next...might go for Resident Evil 6 on Hard mode or something.

Just finished Dead Space...fun game was not sure how the graphics were going to be but held up nice over time. On the last mission of X-com EU so will wrap that up this weekend and then on chapter 3 of dead space 2. Note: Hopping from Dead Space 1 to 2 immediately really screwed me up with the controls and 2 seems a bit more difficult or at least more reliant on telekinesis. I understand the reason for the smooth chapter transitions versus going back to the shuttle each time to end a chapter in Dead space but I kind of like that sudden break because I didn't play it in super long session maybe 2-3 chapters here and there but easier to kind of hop back in and know where you're at but still early on in the game so will see. Got all 3 Dead Spaces for $40 last month now making my way through

The Last of Us

I'll assume it gets better as time goes on, because my first impressions of this game are nothing to write home about. My biggest hope is that they stop taking away control from you between every setpiece and just let me move to the place I want to be.

Longo_2_guns said:
The Last of Us

I'll assume it gets better as time goes on
1330796491822.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member