What are ya playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just started the last mission of XCOM, even though I think I'm not commanding a super strong squad. I have:

- Col. Fiona Campbell, Scotland - An expert sniper
- Col. Katie Wilson, UK - An extremely badass psi-assault chick "The Volunteer"
- Col. Kwasi Kuumba, Nigeria - A really good medic who has been on 90% of all missions since acquiring him as a Captain.
- Col. Ari Meir, Israel - my most recently promoted colonel. Good at suppression, I guess.
- Maj. Semeynova, Russia - A heavy who is new to the team (picked her up in Russia just a few missions ago, but she's gifted, so she's coming)
- Maj. Victor Remy, Russia - a relatively inexperienced assault guy who is replacing Shotsy Matsuda who died a few months ago. She wasn't very special anyway.

8edIy.png

So my heavy could be a really weak spot. I just never found one who i was very succesful with until her. But oh well. I saved before starting. And I'm willing to make sacrifices.

I really cannot wait to start my second playthrough.

What's with all this Russian love...I mean...are you a Communist, used? I've heard that you can see Russia from Alaska afterall.

Haha. While I was writing this I couldn't even remember what Semyenova's first name is, or how to spell her last. I think I've only taken her on one mission. I should have brought along my lower-level American heavy, Watt "Pig Pen" Sanders. I have more of a connection with him. But Semyenova's gifted AND her will stat is like 94.

If it makes you feel any better my KIA former assault class squadmate was Japazillian.

danielrbischoff said:
Goddamit Used. I don't have time to play X-COM right now. Don't make me do it.

That's exactly why I posted this here instead of the XCOM thread. To entice people to consider this awesome game.

used44 said:

I'm no expert in geography of the British Isles but I thought Scotland is part of the U.K.

It is. But I dont think Scotland want to be!

...Seriously, it was in the news 3-4 months ago.

cyberjim2000 said:
used44 said:

I'm no expert in geography of the British Isles but I thought Scotland is part of the U.K.

Hmm yeah I don't know. The flag for Campbell is Scotland and the flag for Wilson is the Union Jack.

Well, that was a massive and repeated failure. Time to retry with replacing my Heavy with my 3rd support guy, Ben "Gonzo" Green.

Just Bought Anarchy Reigns, this game is definitely worth the $30 but I just feel slogging through the Free Missions in Campaign can get old rather quick, especially when the Free Missions are piss-easy on Normal Mode, then the Story Missions' difficulty are on a whole 'nother level.

used44 said:
Well, that was a massive and repeated failure. Time to retry with replacing my Heavy with my 3rd support guy, Ben "Gonzo" Green.

That's was better. Dropped the useless heavy and brought Gonzo. ZE ROCKETS DO NOTZING. The ending of the story was kinda weak, but oh well. I guess it's not really about that. You gotta start over sometime.

I might start a new play through on Classic, or I might just let my brother borrow it for awhile.

As for other games, I played a little bit of FTL this morning. Tonight I'll probably play Hitman, or maybe start Dishonored. I've had it since Black Friday and haven't opened it yet.

Playing Far Cry 3.

It's like Far Cry 2, but better!

Though there are a lot of things that bug me. Like the Buck missions being stretched out over five goddamn missions when it could've been two long ones, and the constant drug trips, especially the one that somehow gives you hallucinations of the future.

Besides that, I'm having all too much fun just using the bow and arrow. Especially since I just read Green Arrow: Year One.

Longo_2_guns said:
Playing Far Cry 3.

It's like Far Cry 2, but better!

Though there are a lot of things that bug me. Like the Buck missions being stretched out over five goddamn missions when it could've been two long ones, and the constant drug trips, especially the one that somehow gives you hallucinations of the future.

Besides that, I'm having all too much fun just using the bow and arrow. Especially since I just read Green Arrow: Year One.

Yeah the boss battles and the second island is especially lame but its pretty fun overall.

Tackling my Steam backlog with Kotor II: The Sith Lords. Got the Restored Content Mod so it's actually good.

When I get home I'm thinking of finally starting up Xcom, but I also have the urge to play through FF9 again cause its been a long time.

BoF: Dragon Quarter. Saving system is still a retarded remnant from earlier entries in the series, but I can't bring myself to dislike something with such a great story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coin Master