Video Reviews

Do you think GR should switch over to video reviews?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
indeed they are dead. the best episode is in the goodies section, but i'll get the rest fixed.

I'm a big fan of 1up's "The 1up Show." Video reviews done by the likes of GameSpot and IGN are pretty bland and boring, but given the proper length, style and content, video reviews can rule pretty hard.

I guess the biggest hurdle would be finding someone with the time and talent to give video reviews more flavor than the tried and true "guy-talking-to-webcam."

Even then, they should only be supplementary. Text reviews are the meat and potatoes of games journalism and I can think of a few places where short attention spanned chumps can go if they can't deal with it.

If anything, GR should take a stab at podcasting before going in to something as involved as video.

I like video reviews for Gamespot and IGN because their written reviews are unecesarilty long, and they pretty much read what they wrote word for word in the video review. It's also nice to see footage as they're explaining it. GR reviews are at a very good length that sums up the game without boring the reader therefore video reviews are not really all that needed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod