Video Reviews

Do you think GR should switch over to video reviews?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Boringman54

Rookie
Do you think GR should switch over to video reviews? Personally, I don't have the attention span to read a GR review (unless it's a game I really like) so I only go to the bottom, look at the grade and the pluses and minuses. Also, video reviews are more interesting to watch and you don't have to read anything. What do you think?

Then they'd be like IGN. Except IGN is smart enough to remember Uncharted when they make a list of best 2007 games. :mrgreen:

Video reviews would be a nice novelty but I hope they never replace written revews. Zero Punctuation is about the only video review I like. I'm with dUKE here, they're usually boring and even in Zero Punctuation's reviews he sacrifices detail and accuracy for humour and speed, something I've never seen GR do.

Sam

The video review would be used only for bad games, so we can make fun of them and just highlight the awfulness of the game in the end.

Or at least that is how I would see it.

I wouldn't mind more video features like Duke's Guide to E3, that was cool, but video reviews just never seem to be as funny or explain as much about a game as written reviews do or can. (For example, Zero Punctuation. RUBBISH!)

LinksOcarina said:
The video review would be used only for bad games, so we can make fun of them and just highlight the awfulness of the game in the end.

Or at least that is how I would see it.
I have to agree with Links in a sense, but should also be reserved for that special game.

yeah. no.

There is a certain signature GR writing style that has been developed. It's basically your standard review spammed with links.

And it's good.

Have to agree that moving to video reviews is a bad idea.

Flexi-discs?
And if GR can still be as funny on a video review and as informative as a written one, then why not?

i'm pretty sure that without written GR reviews, i'd become illiterate. thanks to youtube, 90% of the internet is now video. it's god to actually read something once in a while. and ya, the randome links make it all worth while

JCD said:
I wouldn't mind more video features like Duke's Guide to E3

Now that I agree with. Keep the reviews how they are but that guide was gold. I'm not sure how they could do that with something more regular, like news or previews but there seem to be cons and expos all the time now...although that could get old fast.

EDIT: Ah re-up on duke's guide please. Seems the links are dead.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod