Vermouth

GRColin

Rookie
I totally failed to realize vermouth actually tastes good on it's own. All these years using Martini & Rossi vermouth I never discovered the awesome taste that a higher quality vermouth can offer! I'm about 5 drinks in of straight vermouth and I'm not slowing down!

Well maybe because the bottle is next to me and the humidity is killing it but yeah...Don't go cheap on your vermouth!

MattAY said:
What the fuck is vermouth?

It's that one state that legalized gay marriage I think.

Since we are talking about alcohol though, I'd like to share my favorite drink for a nice summer day in the backyard grilling up some BBQ with the family. Give it try sometime!

Kamikaze: IBA specified ingredients*

30ml (1 part) vodka
30ml (1 part) triple sec
30ml (1 part) lime juice

Preparation Shake all ingredients together in a mixer with ice. Strain into glass, garnish and serve.
Kamikaze.jpg

The Kamikaze is made of equal parts vodka, triple sec and lime juice. According to the International Bartenders Association, it is served straight up in a cocktail glass.[1] Garnish is typically a wedge or twist of lime.

Ignore the IBA and serve it over ice. Enjoy!

Its Friday and you know what that means! Time for Frozen to get drunk! I am supposed to be entertaining this woman tonight and since she wants to hear about my Japanese experiences I decided to get some sake. Naturally, I had a sample and lets say this stuff got me a bit more than a little tipsy. Pretty delicious, too. I think I did good with my choice of sake.

But this topic is about Vermouth. Never really drank the stuff outside of a martini.

So Vermouth is Absinthe? Fuck that.

I need more sake in my life. But I want it out of a traditional ...vase? And drink it as it's meant to be drank! In UK, there are shots of it, but that's it. Along with selling bottles in supermarkets. Not the same dude.

MattAY said:
So Vermouth is Absinthe? Fuck that.

No. It's a dry fortified wine. A main ingredient in a traditional martini.

I think of it as more of an ingredient than something to be drank solo, but hey, whatever.

Yeah, it's for making, like a protein shake martini, brah. Get buzzed AND pumped.

I stopped drinking after New Years. Just felt like it was time to grow up.

When you turn 18 and can buy alcohol legally it is a blast. But that was 10 years ago for me and getting drunk today just feels like kids stuff.

Wes said:
I stopped drinking after New Years. Just felt like it was time to grow up.

Then there must be a lot of immature adults out there.

You can drink without the intent of getting drunk. Nothing more enjoyable than an old fashioned or margarita in the summer.

I totally support someone not drinking by the way. I just don't associate it with immaturity. Unless you're doing it to get drunk and crazy.

The only reason I drink alcohol is to get drunk.

If I want to quench my thirst - I drink water or something. Alcohol tastes like anus.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle