Toy Story 3 and Pixar in general

madster111 said:
intoTheRain said:
indeed, i always wait for blu rays because i enjoy watching it on my setup over the theatre.. what speakers/screen do you have that trumps a theatre?
55" Hitachi 1080p plasma, 7.2 surround sound system (Sony/custom speakers through Yamaha amp) with my own custom subs (Read: Is dangerous to windows if not careful). I've recently needed to put some foam with some tape on my windows to stop them rattling too much.

The plasma is just as big as any projector from where i sit, while looking MUCH better and sounds like grenades going off hurt your ass when i have one of the subs next to the lounge.

The WALL-E scene where EVE lands in the ship caused a picture downstairs to fall off and break.

yea im not a big bass guy.half power on my little 10" energy sub is fine for me. have rc-70 towers, cb-20 rears and an RC-LCR center with a denon AVR-990, gonna run seperate amps to each speaker soon.

edit: each front that is

set me back about 4k, but worth every penny :D

Hlallu said:
Toy Story was the first movie I went to see in theaters, before I was three. I saw it twice. I loved it, and so it hits a nice little spot in me. So Im really looking forward to seeing this one.
As soon after i saw the first toy story, I took a picture of all my toys so that one day, i could remember them...

...Unfortunately, i have misplace both my photos and my toys after i moved out :cry:

I've actually just realised finding Nemo is one of my favourite all time films. Maybe Pixar aren't so bad! I still love Shrek though

Chris_Crime said:
Up! was sad.

No kidding. And right at the beginning too. You sit down to watch a nice Pixar film and within ten minutes, you get hit in the gut with a huge ball of emotion.

I love Pixar. They are the full package, kid friendly with humor that appeals to both children and adult with enough character development to get the parent interested. Whereas a lot of the other digitally animated movies miss on one of those (and usually are full of bathroom humor...which I'm not against, just don't make a whole movie based on it. I'm looking at you Shrek 3).

I can't really say I would rate any of their movies below a 3 of 5 stars, but my personal favorite is currently Finding Nemo. I could talk for hours...but I won't.

Bottom of the pile: Bug's Life. You're good but forgetable.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod