The *official* World of Warcraft topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
derekk said:
They looted the piece for my Cyclone gloves to the wrong person, and GMs wont do anything about it :(

I've had that happen before in a guild run and they gave it to the person it was intended for.. :\ its just whoever was the master looter has to submit the ticket

MrHimashi said:
derekk said:
They looted the piece for my Cyclone gloves to the wrong person, and GMs wont do anything about it :(

I've had that happen before in a guild run and they gave it to the person it was intended for.. :\ its just whoever was the master looter has to submit the ticket

We had the ML, person who got the item, and me submit tickets and we all got the same responses, though some GMs were friendlier than others.

No posts on x-pac yet?

To clear some confusion
Creating a deathknight works as thus: Once you hit 80, you are given the option to do a new quest chain, comparable in difficulty to the "old warlock epic mount quest". Once you complete this you are given the option to create a deathknight character. Your old character is not "replaced" by the deathknight; and this is not paladin-specific; anyone can do this. Also confirmed is that any race can be a deathknight.

Deathknights start high-leveled already- 55ish at the minimum; 80 as the maximum (unconfirmed exactly what level). There are no exceptions; there will be no level 1 deathknights.

Deathknights are a tanking/DPS hybrid; sort of an "antipaladin". Also confirmed is that deathknights do not use shields; they tank with a 2h/by DWing.

The ability to summon undead minions is confirmed, though Death Knights are not a pet class and this is more of a treant/shadowfiend type of ability.

Deathknights do not use mana, rage, or energy. Instead they have a "rune system". When you are out of combat, you can switch your active runes around a few types; you have 6 rune slots. Abilities will put certain rune types on cooldowns or may even use multiple runes. Thus, what runes you choose affect how your deathknight plays in combat.

EDIT: Additionally, Deathknights are not superior to the existing classes - this is a common misconception going around right now. They're different, but they are not better.

Lots of good stuff here
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 5902&sid=1

deathknight seems like something i will pass on, i fucking hated my damn epic mount quest (on my lock) and ill be fine once i get him to 80, and if everything goes as planned, my shaman as well

Could anyone explain to me the Tier x weapons/equipment? I see a lot of fuss on this on a server I go to.

kmg0 said:
Could anyone explain to me the Tier x weapons/equipment? I see a lot of fuss on this on a server I go to.

Tier sets are sets designed for specific classes, most can only be used by that class (excluding tier 0 and 3.5). Once you get a certain amount of pieces from each set, you get set bonuses. Theres tier 0-6 out right now, and 2.5/3.5.

I went to a heroic Sethekk Halls today with my guild and Anzu's mount dropped. Everyone rolled need on it and I won :)
However, they failed to tell me that they had been farming for it for weeks. The guild leader got all pissy at me (she wanted it too I guess, but she wasn't there) and demoted me so I can't see or talk in guild chat. I asked her about it and she said they were pissed and I told her they never said anything about how they had been farming for it, or to pass if it dropped but she didn't seem to care really. So I got this rare mount but people are pissed at me :-\

That rules. Screw them, they never mentioned it, and even if they did, you deserved to roll as much as they did considering you were there.

TheNesMan said:
That rules. Screw them, they never mentioned it, and even if they did, you deserved to roll as much as they did considering you were there.

Hes so right, thats suchh bullshit... I just got kicked out of my guild for ignoring an asshole officer so I'm pretty excited about that haha

derekk said:
I went to a heroic Sethekk Halls today with my guild and Anzu's mount dropped. Everyone rolled need on it and I won :)
However, they failed to tell me that they had been farming for it for weeks. The guild leader got all pissy at me (she wanted it too I guess, but she wasn't there) and demoted me so I can't see or talk in guild chat. I asked her about it and she said they were pissed and I told her they never said anything about how they had been farming for it, or to pass if it dropped but she didn't seem to care really. So I got this rare mount but people are pissed at me :-\

Id flaunt it in their faces and leave the guild. Then every time you see one of them around mount up and do a /rude.

svenhoek said:
derekk said:

Id flaunt it in their faces and leave the guild. Then every time you see one of them around mount up and do a /rude.

They don't care anymore really :p They all got over it in like a day.

We sucked tonight in our raid though. We can usually 1-2 shot Gruul but tonight we wiped like 5 times and people started bitching so we called it :(

I really like WoW and did the 40-man raid thing before Burning Crusade. I leveled up a Draenei Priestess but after that I had a lot of trouble getting keys and attunements. Most guilds I join aren't very helpful at all. :? It's sad because my old guild broke up due to it having too many members (and in-fighting). So now, basically I have a 70 character with no attunements because no one feels like helping me out. :cry:

Turned off my subscription for now. Maybe I'll go back to playing when Wrath of the Lich King comes out.

I don't know if I'll be making a deathknight. I like how hero classes are just being announced now when originally it was to be Christmas of 05. I started raiding again after a long hiatus. We aren't the best for raid progression. We're just farming loot reaver now, downed lurker, and have mag and gruul on farm. I'd like to see us start an actual full scale effort on SSC and The Eye. I'm sure the officers have a reason for doing this however.

Either way, I prefer the 40 man raids of pre bc and the fact not every newb out there could become fully epic'd out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod