The Avengers |OT|

WickedLiquid said:
Noritama said:
WickedLiquid said:
IMDB fanboys are insane. There's a war going on between The Dark Knight Rises and The Avengers. It blows my mind how upset these people get, on both sides.
That's the internet.

Still blows my mind. Maybe I'm just spoiled by the (somewhat) normal people on here :p

I check out IMDB for the FAQ section but sometimes I can't help but pop my head into the forum and see just how terrible the internet can get.
Haha, Yeah when you have a way to communicate without any physical repercussions you are pretty much free to say whatever.

Saw it a second time tonight and it made a bit more sense. Now I understand that Hulk wasn't just raging because he was uncontrolable, he was actually under Loki's spell I also stayed until the end of the credits this time! :)

I just went and saw it. I thought it was good. Not the best superhero movie I've seen. It had its moments, but I guess I was just expecting more from it? I don't know.

Just got back from this and I must say that I really enjoyed it but the 20 minutes of worthless previews were pretty annoying but none the less it was really enjoyable.

NickKmet said:
I just went and saw it. I thought it was good. Not the best superhero movie I've seen. It had its moments, but I guess I was just expecting more from it? I don't know.
We did hype it a lot. Sorry dude. Goddamn it Longo and GL. You two were supposed to stay cynical so Nick would still love it.

Gunner37 said:
Just got back from this and I must say that I really enjoyed it but the 20 minutes of worthless previews were pretty annoying but none the less it was really enjoyable.

That's why you see it in AVX with select seating and walk into the theater whenever you want with your seats waiting for you.

danielrbischoff said:
NickKmet said:
We did hype it a lot. Sorry dude. Goddamn it Longo and GL. You two were supposed to stay cynical so Nick would still love it.

It probably would have helped if I'd seen Thor beforehand as well, but I wasn't confused or anything. I'll be seeing that shortly anyways. But I would still say it was a good superhero movie. Just not the best ever by any stretch.

I'd say that it was a great movie. You would however be missing out if you hadn't seen the build ups (Thor and Iron Man).

In my humble opinion I say that the Hulk was a Scene Thief. Anytime he was on the screen it was awesome. I don't like Mark Ruffalo on principal but as Mr. Banner he was awesome.

spartan317 said:
I'd say that it was a great movie. You would however be missing out if you hadn't seen the build ups (Thor and Iron Man).

In my humble opinion I say that the Hulk was a Scene Thief. Anytime he was on the screen it was awesome. I don't like Mark Ruffalo on principal but as Mr. Banner he was awesome.

Yeah, I thought he was great as Banner. I've seen all the other superhero movies, so I wasn't missing out really. It would have been nice to re-watch Iron Man 2 and Captain American though before seeing it. Oh well.

NickKmet said:
Yeah, I thought he was great as Banner. I've seen all the other superhero movies, so I wasn't missing out really. It would have been nice to re-watch Iron Man 2 and Captain American though before seeing it. Oh well.

Captain America was cool but didn't really affect anything in Avengers... Well aside from him being there. The Ultimate Avengers handled it well enough that you didn't miss out on much.

I think that the last Hulk movie would've benefited greatly from Mr. Ruffalo. Hulk might have actually seemed believable. Who remembers how much of a bitch Hulk was in that movie?

spartan317 said:
NickKmet said:
Captain America was cool but didn't really affect anything in Avengers... Well aside from him being there. The Ultimate Avengers handled it well enough that you didn't miss out on much.

Other than, you know, the cosmic cube. Which is absolutely central to the plot of both movies.

used44 said:
spartan317 said:

Other than, you know, the cosmic cube. Which is absolutely central to the plot of both movies.

That's why I said that. I knew that, but haven't seen the movie in a while and it took me a few minutes to click on the idea that that was where the cube had come from.

The cube may have been integeral to the plot but as far as the Movie being important it wasn't.

As I said, Ultimate Avengers covered it just fine and in less time with plenty of room for sequel fodder.

I liked Captain America more than any of the others save for the first Iron Man. It was not however required for The Avengers. Cap's origin story could've been delegated to a flash back sequence during one of his brooding moments Cube included.

Yeah I'll agree that it isn't required viewing. I didn't read back far enough to understand the context of your comment. Sorry.

Well, it did add some to the movie.

When Cap crashes the plane, it shows his willingness to give himself for the greater good. It also shows his relationship with Howard Stark, who Tony said raved about Cap the whole time he was growing up. So when Cap calls out Tony for not being willing to give himself up to save others, it has an effect on him for sure. This is no doubt part of what convinces Tony to take the bomb, even though he knows he probably won't make it out alive.

The thing about Cap is he's more a morale and psychological character than a strong fighter. And while it's hard to showcase that in the movie, if you pay attention you can notice it.

Also watching him deal with all the new things in his new time period such as the $10 bet was pretty funny also when he said he got that references about monkeys

Coming back more than a month later, I have to say. Hulk was amazing, but Capt. America was pretty sweet. I love that of all the characters he's essentially the most exposed. Black Widow and Hawkeye each clear out when things get nasty. But Cap repeatedly throws himself toe to toe even when he shouldn't, especially if it means helping civilians. I feel like he was the only one actually concerned about the people and not the city. Also, he's the strategist. He knows war, he knows how to command. Nick Fury doesn't command, he just aims them at an objective and let's them do what they need to. I also loved the portrayal of Fury. SLJ did a great job, surprisingly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133