Ten favorite movies of the year?

Eyebrowsbv31 said:
I only saw 2 of that list there, expendables and kick ass.

But my number one would be the film I made with Longo and mattay. Very private.

So THAT'S what that whirring sound was.

WickedLiquid said:
I didn't see Greenburg, I've heard it's great though.

You a fan of Ben Stiller Monkey? I hate him which is why I never saw it.

Greenberg was pretty great, but its about as far removed as a "Ben Stiller comedy" as you can get. It doesn't have the zaniness of Zoolander or Tropic Thunder (two of my favorite comedies) or the family-friendly blandness of Night at the Museum or Fockers (which I don't even bother with). It's a Noah Baumbach movie, so like The Squid and the Whale, meaning it is a quiet, wordy study of fucked-up people that doesn't really go anywhere. I mean that in a good way.

See what I did there? I addressed both parts of your post in one block of text!

Ah, cool. Yeah I liked Tropic Thunder but only because of everyone else, especially Robert Downy Jr. I know it was written and directed by Stiller but I just don't enjoy him as a performer.

I wonder if Chris Crime knows where I can rent this movie? Hmmm....

NO, I'M KIDDING!! JUST KIDDING!!!

Okay wtf...This is my third time typing this - It didn't post the other two times....

I haven't seen 10 2010 movies this year that I can recall, so the ones I have seen, that are favourites:

The Town

The Expendables

Inception

The Road...Can't recall if I saw it this year or late last year but whatever.

Next up: The Fighter

PS. Chris - I should totally invest in some BB while it's below a dollar a share. Never know when it will sky rcoket and hit 196 a share like Netflix!

In no apparent order:

How to Train Your Dragon - The first Dreamworks movie in awhile that was more than just funny. It had some awesome scenes filled with visuals, comedy, and good character development.

Kick-Ass - Very entertaining, the music was distracting at most parts, but a good enough popcorn flick.

Karate Kid - I could wax on about all the great things in this movie. But I have other things to attend to. Jackie Chan's horrible English gets put to use in a better movie than The Spy Next Door.

Scott Pilgrim - It's all been said. Great fight scenes that have been accented with SFX that bring it to give them more of a anime show/videogame/comic-feel.

Inception - By far my favorite. I love me a mystery and I have a huge love/hate relationship with Nolan's ending in most of his movies.

1 Inception
2. Kick Ass
3. Scott Pilgrim vs the world
4. Toy Story 3
5. Iron Man 2
6. Due Date
7. The Other Guys
8. How to Train Your Dragon
9. The Karate Kid
10. ummmmmmmmmmm, Harry Potter?

Lethean said:
PS. Chris - I should totally invest in some BB while it's below a dollar a share. Never know when it will sky rcoket and hit 196 a share like Netflix!

You can't beat the price, that's for sure. Does Netflix give stock to managers and supervisors? Best Buy does. Seems like a great incentive program.

Out of the movies I've seen that are worth mentioning:

6. Inception
5. The American
4. Predators
3. Toy Story 3
2. The Town
1. Reserved for Tron Legacy

I too only seen two movies in the theater this year (so far)
Inception
Kick-Ass

All the positive feedback you guys said about the films made me want to see them.

I will probably lose my right to own a penis for this but.... Charlie St. Cloud. I know it looks hackneyed and predictable but dammit I enjoyed the film. Considering how shit the last few months have been for me it was actually quite nice to have the boost that the film gave. Otherwise I fully agree with almost all the films on the list except I have yet to see the Social Network and the Expendables.

Just finished watching both Kick-Ass and Scott Pilgrim. Didn't really like Scott Pilgrim, Kick-Ass on the otherhand was really entertaining.

Haven't went to films much this year. I remember watching Due Date and the new Alice in Wonderland. There were probably other movies too, but can't remember them.

Nurgey said:
I will probably lose my right to own a penis for this but.... Charlie St. Cloud.

It's okay, I really liked White Oleander :oops:
But that was like 8 years ago so whatever.

MattAY said:
I've only seen 2 movies this year...so:

1. Scott Pilgrim
2. Inception

You must see Kick Ass, I know you will like it!

MattAY said:
Has anyone seen Skyline yet by the way?

Is it good?
does Turk live?

DOES HE!?!?

Donald Faison and Special Effects would be my only two reasons to see this movie.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod