Switzerland bans the building of Minarets.

I'm sorry, but am I the only one who thinks that the Europeans trying to restrict a religious symbol is a bad thing? It's....dare I say it....Facist.

LinksOcarina said:
I'm sorry, but am I the only one who thinks that the Europeans trying to restrict a religious symbol is a bad thing? It's....dare I say it....Facist.

It is sort of a double standard though, I have a feeling that there aren't many christian churches in downtown Tehran or Damascus. Considering the amount of freedoms in Europe as compared to the Middle East, the minaret people are getting off easy.

Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with the ban, but both sides should be judged fairly.

I disagree with equating them.

If you're remotely prouder of our society than theirs then you need avoid pairing them up. When I look at injustice to muslims here I don't think 'well in saudi arabia they'd cut our hands off for this', because I judge it by the standards of my open minded, liberal society.

And in our society, yes...It's ridiculous to ban a certain type of building based on irrational fears of another creed.

malakian said:
I disagree with equating them.

If you're remotely prouder of our society than theirs then you need avoid pairing them up. When I look at injustice to muslims here I don't think 'well in saudi arabia they'd cut our hands off for this', because I judge it by the standards of my open minded, liberal society.

And in our society, yes...It's ridiculous to ban a certain type of building based on irrational fears of another creed.

To be honest, I'm not, I think both are pretty bad.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod