Street Fighter IV (Updates on page 2!)

YES! ANOTHER STREET FIGHTER GAME THAT WILL COME OUT WITH SEQUALS THAT ARE THE EXACT SAME GAME OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN WITH SLIGHT DIFFERENCES THAT IMPROVE UPON THE LAST ONE! WOOO!

gameEvolution said:
is there a new charater on street fighter iv?

Can't say really. The only confirmed characters so far are Ryu and Ken. Considering its a new game, probably some new characters. Im hoping Capcom do the same thing they did with SF3, whole new character roster alongside the two staple characters. (With Chunners as well please.)

StreetFighterRyu said:
I guess is, (and it's only a guess) either they're going to have all SF characters in one, or is going to be another SF3. (Hopefully not)

Its been named as 4. So its not part of the 3 arc.

New SF4 info coming this Thursday.

Source

Chatting with a Capcom rep Tueday, we asked how Street Fighter IV is coming along ("great," of course) and what exactly it's going to look like.

"You'll find out Thursday," said Capcom's Chris Kramer.

Capcom confirmed Street Fighter IV back in October, releasing a trailer that looked like an animated watercolor painted somewhere deep within The Matrix. So we can't wait to see how that look translates to the actual game, if at all.

First in game screenshot of Ryu!

streetfighterivmedia.jpeg

Confirmed returning characters:
Ryu
Ken
Chun-li
Dhalsim

Its been confirmed as a 2.5d fighter, which is fantastic news. Basically a 3D game that is on a 2D playing field. Street Fighter works best on a 2D playing field, so technically speaking this is actually EX 4, but the EX story wasn't canon and this is said to follow on from the main story line, so its after SF3: Third Strike. I'm just glad I'm getting a fresh SF game that has Chunny in it from the start, not by the third fucking sub-installment.

as tempted as I am to get it, i wont have enough to buy this when it comes out, the eventual turbo, turbo new characters challenge, sf 4 pocket fighters, sf4 puzzle blaster, sf4 kart racing, sf4 sims, sf4 ex alpha turbo 2, and the highly anticipated shooter, sf4 black ops

From Destructiod;

Brazilian gaming blog Blogeek has apparently gotten big news on the upcoming Street Fighter IV game and they are more than happy to share it with the Internets. Check out the translated info below:

- The graphics aren't the way they are in the teaser that everyone watched. The game's still pretty, but it has nothing of that ink-splashing or anything. Art direction is interesting. Unlike all the other 3D fighters, SFIV is not meant to be photo realistic.

- Street Fighter IV runs at 60 frames per second.

- Street Fighter IV will have online play.

- The game takes place after Super Street Fighter II Turbo and before SFIII. The good news is that the character roster will be made of many old-school brawlers and some entirely new ones.

- There are two new girls on the list. We will probably not see any SFIII characters.

- The stage you saw at 1Up, if you didn't figure out, is Chun-Li's Stage from SF2.

- The excellent Parry system form SFIII is gone. The new system seems to be called Saving or Revenge (we're not sure about the name). We don't know exactly how it works, but it's built around cancels. And we do know we'll have another gauge to activate the Saving/Revenge stuff, besides the usual Super Gauge.

- Supers are there (although they didn't decide yet if it will be like in SSF2T or SFIII), and now they've put another moves called Ultras. These makes your character throws a auto combo with tons of moves. It's like a custom combo ... except by the custom part.

- Shen Long may appear in the game. We are NOT kidding.
The consoles are not decided yet, really. But, assuming that SFIV will have online play, we can obviously think of Xbox 360 and PS3 (duh). It's very likely that we'll see an arcade version without online mode too, and our sources told us that Capcom could put some test machines in Japan arcades in Q2 next year.

Of course, until we hear something from Capcom or pick up the next issue of EGM, we can't be too sure about this info. So why run with this then? Because Blogeek also provided us with two new screenshots from the game. Looks like a little old blog site got the exclusive before a major publication ... ouch. Of course, there's always that one percent chance that Blogeek has the worlds best Photoshop artist on their team ...

Also, somebody needs to take anatomy classes, fast.

emagstreetfighter410170vb6.jpg

Yeah, its all the rage at the SRK boards. FITE GAEM discussion went out the window the minute screens of Ryu's manhood showed up.

I didn't bring that up in fear of seeming like a freak, but I'm so excited about that PENIS! I hope there are penises flying everywhere in this game! :D

I'm ashamed of this post...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod