So. What multiplayer games do you guys have?

PS3

Assassin's Creed Revelation
MW3
Uncharted 3
Resistance 3

ID: ThEgUnNeR37... was really young when i made that to this day i still don't understand the alternating caps

GT: CaptainC2010 (I made it in freshman year in high school, I thought it was cool)

I have Gears 2, Gears 3, GTA 4, Monday Night Combat, Halo 3, Halo 3 ODST, Halo Reach, MW2, and Battlefield 3

I mainly play Gears 3 and BF3 when not playing Skyrim, I'm down for multiplayer or co-op

Delorean88 said:
GT: CaptainC2010 (I made it in freshman year in high school, I thought it was cool)

I have Gears 2, Gears 3, GTA 4, Monday Night Combat, Halo 3, Halo 3 ODST, Halo Reach, MW2, and Battlefield 3

I mainly play Gears 3 and BF3 when not playing Skyrim, I'm down for multiplayer or co-op

Fuck you.

I'm tired of uc3 until at least new maps are out. Too easy, too many newbs.

What good competative multiplayer relatively new and fresh games are out?

I don't like teamwork games, I like to be able to carry it myself. Don't like to rely on idiots, not to sound bitter, but there are a lot of them...

intoTheRain said:

I don't like teamwork games, I like to be able to carry it myself. Don't like to rely on idiots, not to sound bitter, but there are a lot of them...

^That's why I play Three Team Deathmatch.

Um, there aren't really any, because everyone always complains about there not being enough teamwork oriented shooters. Which is one of the worst ideas ever, unless you're in a clan.

I'm going to pick up Killzone 3 soon, probably the best MP in 2011, but it was just rental.

TheJx4 said:
intoTheRain said:

^That's why I play Three Team Deathmatch.

Um, there aren't really any, because everyone always complains about there not being enough teamwork oriented shooters. Which is one of the worst ideas ever, unless you're in a clan.

I'm going to pick up Killzone 3 soon, probably the best MP in 2011, but it was just rental.

Killzone 3 is great, I have it. But is, or was, extremely unbalanced. Whatever happened to plain old SHOOTERS. Why do shooters have to have stealth and turrets and bots etc. Sigh... Wtb goldeneye.

I'm no expert on multiplayer, but it's really because it adds a greater level of depth and stuff to the gameplay. You gotta be thinking about a whole lot more than running around and shooting people before they shoot you. Goldeneye had this by having a bigger variation between weapons and by starting everyone equally. But since we've entered an age where the unlock system makes it so that people who have been playing longer get the best stuff that makes them win more that makes it harder for new players to win as much and get as good of stuff. So they have to curve the difference between skill required and character strength by adding more ways to go about shit. Give or take.

Longo_2_guns said:
I'm no expert on multiplayer, but it's really because it adds a greater level of depth and stuff to the gameplay. You gotta be thinking about a whole lot more than running around and shooting people before they shoot you. Goldeneye had this by having a bigger variation between weapons and by starting everyone equally. But since we've entered an age where the unlock system makes it so that people who have been playing longer get the best stuff that makes them win more that makes it harder for new players to win as much and get as good of stuff. So they have to curve the difference between skill required and character strength by adding more ways to go about s***. Give or take.

When I first jumped into CoD4 online as a level 1 noob, I won matches against the max level dudes all the damn time even with the non customized "classes"

So screw that. i will say that cutting out the 100% health bar or at least a decent hitpoint level has ruined online shooters. I've always hated "realism" servers with the HUD turned off and weapon damage increased for the automatic guns only; for example back in my MoHAA days the realism setting on servers left the damage rate on bolt action rifles the same while making the sub/machine guns uber and bullshitty.

SO yeah. screw modern multiplayer, Call of Duty 4 was the first and last good modern shooter, before the bull shit flooded in.

Longo_2_guns said:
I'm no expert on multiplayer, but it's really because it adds a greater level of depth and stuff to the gameplay. You gotta be thinking about a whole lot more than running around and shooting people before they shoot you. Goldeneye had this by having a bigger variation between weapons and by starting everyone equally. But since we've entered an age where the unlock system makes it so that people who have been playing longer get the best stuff that makes them win more that makes it harder for new players to win as much and get as good of stuff. So they have to curve the difference between skill required and character strength by adding more ways to go about s***. Give or take.

Which is why every shooter needs a Barebones mode.

I got a few games:

PS3 - IGN: thatdiesel
  • Uncharted 3
  • CoD: MW3
  • Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One
  • Little Big Planet 2

360 - IGN: Dheziel
  • Halo: Reach
  • Gears of War 3
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Dark Souls [Need to play more...]

And frankly for STEAM, I've got too many games to count. IGN is Diesel8590.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle