Sexuality

Discussion in 'Archive' started by keepithowitis, Nov 3, 2008.

1. used44

used44 Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

When this dies down to page 2, I'll archive it. Until then, there may be more input and discussion.

2. GRColin

GRColin Rookie

Aww thanks :).

<3.

NO YOU CAN'T MAKE ME GAY!

....I'M ALREADY THERE! OH YA!

JUST KIDDING!

EXCESSIVE USE OF CAPS LOCK!

3. LinksOcarina

LinksOcarina Rookie

Are you drunk?

4. TheZoomZoomKid

I am!

5. 16BITassassin

16BITassassin Rookie

I don't think we really have any right to criticize people's mannerisms. Sure, there are people that bug us because of the way they act, and I have been annoyed by many a flamer over the years, but still, this is just how a person acts. I'll bitch about how a person acts, or how I wish they wouldn't act so, but we really have no right to place a person under a social norm. To say a black person is wrong because they don't act "proper" enough, or to criticize a gay man because he acts too flamboyant goes against everything we preach of freedom of expression. We might not understand a persons mannerisms, but we all come from our own corner of society, and in this sprawling American zoo, we all have different norms. A person acts they way they do because that's the environment in which they were raised, not because they're trying to make a social statement. Sure, there are those ass holes who are trying to turn themselves into a tidy little stereotype, but I think they're a lot less common than we realize.

If we really expect to achieve equality, then we have to be willing to shed our own prejudices and see it all in a new light. Otherwise, we'll all be chasing our own tails and pointing fingers, finding blame in one group to the next.

6. Affen

Affen Rookie

Wow.... I don't even remeber typing stuff like this. :? Well whatever, done is done is done.

7. De-Ting

De-Ting Rookie

L-L-L-L-L-LOL!