Sexuality

When this dies down to page 2, I'll archive it. Until then, there may be more input and discussion.

Flaming_Tiki_God said:
/\ Misquote

And Lethean, I agree with your last post.

Aww thanks :).

<3.

NO YOU CAN'T MAKE ME GAY!

....I'M ALREADY THERE! OH YA!

JUST KIDDING!

EXCESSIVE USE OF CAPS LOCK!

I don't think we really have any right to criticize people's mannerisms. Sure, there are people that bug us because of the way they act, and I have been annoyed by many a flamer over the years, but still, this is just how a person acts. I'll bitch about how a person acts, or how I wish they wouldn't act so, but we really have no right to place a person under a social norm. To say a black person is wrong because they don't act "proper" enough, or to criticize a gay man because he acts too flamboyant goes against everything we preach of freedom of expression. We might not understand a persons mannerisms, but we all come from our own corner of society, and in this sprawling American zoo, we all have different norms. A person acts they way they do because that's the environment in which they were raised, not because they're trying to make a social statement. Sure, there are those ass holes who are trying to turn themselves into a tidy little stereotype, but I think they're a lot less common than we realize.

If we really expect to achieve equality, then we have to be willing to shed our own prejudices and see it all in a new light. Otherwise, we'll all be chasing our own tails and pointing fingers, finding blame in one group to the next.

De-Ting said:
Affen said:
I don't think black people should be called African-American cause not all of the black people live in America. Something like Blackausian would sound cool :D Or Blackyan.......
Dude, why not "African?" Seriously... <_<

Wow.... I don't even remeber typing stuff like this. :? Well whatever, done is done is done.

Affen said:
De-Ting said:
Affen said:
I don't think black people should be called African-American cause not all of the black people live in America. Something like Blackausian would sound cool :D Or Blackyan.......
Dude, why not "African?" Seriously... <_<

Wow.... I don't even remeber typing stuff like this. :? Well whatever, done is done is done.
L-L-L-L-L-LOL!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod