Remember renting games? What game did you rent the most?

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by pres50, Jan 23, 2012.

1. pres50

pres50 Rookie

That was always fun as a kid to go the local video store and grab a game and a movie. Maybe if parents were feeling extra nice that day...2 games! I remember the games I rented most were Kirby All Stars and Goldeneye 007. Good ol days.

2. cyberjim2000

cyberjim2000 Veteran

I remembered renting Final Fantasy III (VI in Japan) for the SNES... which was a bad idea. The game was great but not really "renting" material. I also rented Mega Man X and that was pretty fun.

3. used44

used44 Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Vigilante 8. All the time.

4. StudioTan

StudioTan Regular

Super Star Wars. That's what I would rent when all the newer games were taken. My dad would always get Contra 3 or one of the Desert Strike games.

5. De-Ting

De-Ting Rookie

I may have only rented a few games more than once, and I have no idea what they are.

6. Longo_2_guns

Longo_2_guns Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

GTA: SA

To be fair, we had one of those "Keep it until you want to return it for a flat monthly rate" deals. So I kept it for like 3 months. Scratched the hell out of it too. Fuck Blockbuster.

I also would switch scratched discs with the Blockbuster copy and then return them.

7. Bretimus_v2

Bretimus_v2 So tired.

I worked at Blockbuster so I didn't have to buy videogames. It was a worthwhile investment of 15 hours a week.

8. Sea-Change

Sea-Change Rookie

Kirby 64, Snowboard Kids I and II, Banjo-Kazooie, Bomberman, every Tony Hawk game under the sun...
    RIP Hollywood Video

9. WickedLiquid

WickedLiquid Regular

I rented FF7, bad idea... two weeks later i'm still not finished and owe late fees for a 3 day rental.

10. StudioTan

StudioTan Regular

My local Blockbuster used to put games in VHS sized cases. And I remember renting FF7 and walking out with 3 tape boxes tied together. My dad was so pissed, he thought I had rented 3 different items.

11. xDUMPWEEDx

xDUMPWEEDx Novice

I rented Zelda A Link to the Past more times than any other game rental. I honestly cant remember any game rental that I rented more than once, except for LttP.

12. LinksOcarina

LinksOcarina Rookie

Gosh I don't even remember...ive rented so many when I was a kid.

One of the first ones though that I remember was Burger Time for the NES. Damn good game.

13. HK-47

HK-47 Rookie

This whenever I went to a friend's house.

14. schimmel

schimmel Rookie

Star Fox 64. Remember the days when actually getting a new videogame was a rare and exciting event? I rented this game every weekend for a month straight until finally my parents bought it for me. I about crapped my pants when they did.

When I was in middle school I didn't have a rental store near me, but I borrowed SSX Tricky from my friend all the time, that's a game I still play today

15. Delorean88

Delorean88 Rookie

Convincing my mom to allow me to rent 2 video games felt like having sex with angels. Blockbuster was the best thing but it got so periodically bad year after year. I hated going back every week hoping the one game I wanted to rent would be available and just getting rejected. What I would rent? I don't remember but most likely had Tony Hawk in the title. Games like Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Final Fantasy I owned, though I remember I almost rented Starcraft 64 not realizing I had the same game on the computer. Twisted Metal games were also often rented

16. danielrbischoff

:? :? :? :shock: