Your Most Embarrassing Gaming Secret

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by trust_no_one, Mar 16, 2006.

1. trust_no_one

trust_no_one Rookie

That's right, it's confession time. We've all got them, so let's hear them.

Mine, I believe I've mentioned before, but it's still pretty funny. It is the story of my first MGS experience...

I was at the movie store, and was walking past the games section. I saw MGS: VR Mission. I thought to myself "hey, I remember hearing about MGS before...maybe I should rent it..."

And I did. Much to my disappointment. Obviously, that game being my first taste of any of the MGS games put me off the series for awhile. I couldn't understand what the hype was. It wasn't until many years later when MGS: 2 came out and I saw that the game featured real people, all kinds of other "real" stuff. I picked it up, and didn't regret it that time.

So there you have it...for the longest game, I thought MGS was such a stupid and ugly game...and now, it's easily one of my favorites.

2. LinksOcarina

LinksOcarina Rookie

Heres one. I avoided playing Earthbound for the SNES because I thought the box-cover looked weird and the screenshots on the back made it look like an unfun game.

Boy was I wrong.

3. TheNesMan

TheNesMan Rookie

I didn't play Oot upon release, nor Windwaker. Sometimes...i cry at night.

4. Mortel3

Mortel3 Rookie

The first time I encountered the flood in Halo: CE, I grenaded myself out of sheer terror. Put me off the game for 12 months :oops:

5. segageek

segageek Rookie

I used to think The Legend of Zelda OOT was beyond overrated. cause you didnt do anything in the beginning. Well after actually playing it for 30 minutes. what a fool i was..

6. Guan_Yu

Guan_Yu Rookie

I couldn't play Metal Gear Solid 2 because I was afraid of it. It took me over 6 months to gather up the courage to play it. Wanna know what I was afraid of? That damn "!" sound when you are spotted by a guard. Made me jump every time.

Oh yeah, and when I beat FFX, I cried....>_>

What! I was only 11! Can't blame me! It was an emotional game!

WELL F*CK ALL YOU, C*NT PLUMBERS!!!!

7. LinksOcarina

LinksOcarina Rookie

I cried at the end of OOT, and during most of FFVII and IX.

8. kapow

kapow Rookie

im afraid of mgs3, igot it in january played it to the first time you run into enemy soldiers, i got my butt kicked and now im scared of it, i wont play it. :(

9. TheNesMan

TheNesMan Rookie

I think you take the cake.

10. JesseDarkin

JesseDarkin Rookie

When I was twelve a person brought over a copy of Resident Evil 2 because I wanted to give it a try. I took one look at the cover and was.......ummm maybe not. I later bought outbreak for the online play and then eventually bought Resi0,1,2,3, and 4. One of my favorite series now.

I never have really cried during movies or video games, but the very end of MGS 3 made me shed a tear. Real sad ending.

11. Longo_2_guns

Longo_2_guns Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

I cried at the end of FFVIII and KH.
    i also played Predator-Concrete Jungle :oops: :cry:

12. Enigma

Enigma Rookie

lol!

I cried the first time I watched the movie part thing in Warcraft 3 when Prince Arthas turns into a Death knight :cry: I almost couldn't play the undead campaign with him being so TRAITOROUS! Stupid Frostmourne....

13. yorky

yorky Regular

When I was in 5th grade I sold all of my SNES games (around 25) to a gamestore, then with the credit I bought 2 PS1 games and Pokemon Yellow.

Embarrassing? No. Incredibly stupid? Yes.

To this day I can't remember which PS1 games I bought, and Pokemon Yellow is collecting dust somewhere. But, I can remember nearly every SNES game I sold, and have since been slowly buying them back off of Ebay.

14. Dark_Legacy

Dark_Legacy Rookie

I own predator concrete jungle, and I enjoy playing it for mindless slaughter of humans.

I suppose that and playing 'danger girls' for psone. I liked that game too.

I am an odd one.

15. Amnesiac

Amnesiac Rookie

The end of OOT made me cry.

Plus when I was little, I got so mad at "Super Mario Allstar" for SNES that I started rubbing the back of my hand furiously into the carpet, until it bled!

16. trust_no_one

trust_no_one Rookie

That reminds me...I sold my PS1 and a couple games (not that great titles) but kept some (FF Anthlology (5 & 6)). UNfortunatly, I sold the memory cards as well. Over 100 hours in FF6, just completed getting every char avery spell. *Sigh*

17. Mortel3

Mortel3 Rookie

When I saw those zombie things in Half Life 2, I weed a little.

Okay, it was alot.

18. Tyrranis

Tyrranis Veteran

Well, after that Half-life 2 pants soaker, it'd better be more than -10. More like -50.

My secret? I get mad at FFs, because I rush through them and end up stuck against one of the latter bosses. For FFVIII it is Adel & Riona, for FFX it's Yunalesca and for FFX-2, it's Garik.

19. Enigma

Enigma Rookie

*starts choking on her tea* AHAHAHAHHA oh glenn! hilarity!

20. Flaming_Tiki_God

Like-Likes scare me so much. They are the only reason that I have never played Oot or gone through adventure mode with many characters in SSBM.

I was very eagerly anticipating Street Fighter Alpha 3, but it's release in my town was pushed back for about a week. I cried in each of those days.