Your Most Embarrassing Gaming Secret

That's right, it's confession time. We've all got them, so let's hear them.

Mine, I believe I've mentioned before, but it's still pretty funny. It is the story of my first MGS experience...

I was at the movie store, and was walking past the games section. I saw MGS: VR Mission. I thought to myself "hey, I remember hearing about MGS before...maybe I should rent it..."

And I did. Much to my disappointment. Obviously, that game being my first taste of any of the MGS games put me off the series for awhile. I couldn't understand what the hype was. It wasn't until many years later when MGS: 2 came out and I saw that the game featured real people, all kinds of other "real" stuff. I picked it up, and didn't regret it that time.

So there you have it...for the longest game, I thought MGS was such a stupid and ugly game...and now, it's easily one of my favorites.

Heres one. I avoided playing Earthbound for the SNES because I thought the box-cover looked weird and the screenshots on the back made it look like an unfun game.

Boy was I wrong.

The first time I encountered the flood in Halo: CE, I grenaded myself out of sheer terror. Put me off the game for 12 months :oops:

I used to think The Legend of Zelda OOT was beyond overrated. cause you didnt do anything in the beginning. Well after actually playing it for 30 minutes. what a fool i was..

I couldn't play Metal Gear Solid 2 because I was afraid of it. It took me over 6 months to gather up the courage to play it. Wanna know what I was afraid of? That damn "!" sound when you are spotted by a guard. Made me jump every time.

Oh yeah, and when I beat FFX, I cried....>_>

What! I was only 11! Can't blame me! It was an emotional game!

WELL F*CK ALL YOU, C*NT PLUMBERS!!!!

im afraid of mgs3, igot it in january played it to the first time you run into enemy soldiers, i got my butt kicked and now im scared of it, i wont play it. :(

When I was twelve a person brought over a copy of Resident Evil 2 because I wanted to give it a try. I took one look at the cover and was.......ummm maybe not. I later bought outbreak for the online play and then eventually bought Resi0,1,2,3, and 4. One of my favorite series now.

I never have really cried during movies or video games, but the very end of MGS 3 made me shed a tear. Real sad ending.

Nefro said:
I get an erection to ms. pacman. :(

lol!

I cried the first time I watched the movie part thing in Warcraft 3 when Prince Arthas turns into a Death knight :cry: I almost couldn't play the undead campaign with him being so TRAITOROUS! Stupid Frostmourne....

When I was in 5th grade I sold all of my SNES games (around 25) to a gamestore, then with the credit I bought 2 PS1 games and Pokemon Yellow.

Embarrassing? No. Incredibly stupid? Yes.

To this day I can't remember which PS1 games I bought, and Pokemon Yellow is collecting dust somewhere. But, I can remember nearly every SNES game I sold, and have since been slowly buying them back off of Ebay.

I own predator concrete jungle, and I enjoy playing it for mindless slaughter of humans.

I suppose that and playing 'danger girls' for psone. I liked that game too.

I am an odd one.

The end of OOT made me cry.

Plus when I was little, I got so mad at "Super Mario Allstar" for SNES that I started rubbing the back of my hand furiously into the carpet, until it bled!

yorky said:
Lamentations of yorky removed.

That reminds me...I sold my PS1 and a couple games (not that great titles) but kept some (FF Anthlology (5 & 6)). UNfortunatly, I sold the memory cards as well. Over 100 hours in FF6, just completed getting every char avery spell. *Sigh*

Cool Points: -10
Well, after that Half-life 2 pants soaker, it'd better be more than -10. More like -50.

My secret? I get mad at FFs, because I rush through them and end up stuck against one of the latter bosses. For FFVIII it is Adel & Riona, for FFX it's Yunalesca and for FFX-2, it's Garik.

Glenn said:
The end of OOT made me cry.

Plus when I was little, I got so mad at "Super Mario Allstar" for SNES that I started rubbing the back of my hand furiously into the carpet, until it bled!

*starts choking on her tea* AHAHAHAHHA oh glenn! hilarity!

Like-Likes scare me so much. They are the only reason that I have never played Oot or gone through adventure mode with many characters in SSBM.

I was very eagerly anticipating Street Fighter Alpha 3, but it's release in my town was pushed back for about a week. I cried in each of those days.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod