Proposition 8

What would you vote on Proposition 8?

• No, I'm a rational human being.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, I'm ignorant/intolerant and learned nothing from the black civil rights movement.

• Yes, but I have a good reason, and better start explaining myself.

• Total voters
I was hit on twice by a gay guy today at school today; probably the most blatant gay person I've ever met . I was a little freaked out, but the world would be a better place with more people who are that damn kind and happy. He liked my curls and bought me a beer.

Come on people, just say you're queer and you're here!

TheZoomZoomKid said:
I was hit on twice by a gay guy today at school today; probably the most blatant gay person I've ever met . I was a little freaked out, but the world would be a better place with more people who are that damn kind and happy. He liked my curls and bought me a beer.

Come on people, just say you're queer and you're here!

by school did you mean gay bar or something

This goes beyond family values - this now has turned into Hate legistlation.

Opponents of gay marriage have threatened to boycott businesses that contribute money to the Equality California campaign. WTF. Intimidation as a tactic to garner support. These people are getting desperate.

I have safari on my PC (yeah....) and the homepage is set to Apple.com as I have not yet had the desire to change it. Yeah, so I was opening Safari, and the first thing on the Apple homepage is that they have sponsored No on Prop 8.

No on Prop 8
October 24, 2008
Apple is publicly opposing Proposition 8 and making a donation of $100,000 to the No on 8 campaign. Apple was among the first California companies to offer equal rights and benefits to our employees’ same-sex partners, and we strongly believe that a person’s fundamental rights â€â€

Kiristo said:
-FCM- said:
LinksOcarina said:
-FCM- said:
Kiristo said:
I think the other people who voted yes are worried about being bashed by everyone else, since you guys all seem to have voted no. Despite picking the middle option, I'll give reason. I'd vote yes. Alot of people don't want gays to be married so they don't get the rights afforded to couples. I'm less concerned about that, as I feel homosexuality is just plain wrong. I believe marriage should only exist between a man and woman. If gays want the same rights, we should give them the rights, but instead of being "married" they'd be "butt-buddies". Instead of man and wife, they could be "butt-buddies". This isn't the same as racial or sexuality equality, so I think that that comparison is foolish. It's not "old-fashioned", it's correct. Blacks being slaves was wrong, not "old-fashioned". Yeah, I'm probably homophobic, but more than that it is simply immoral in my view.

EDIT: Nevermind, this post does all the work for me.

In what way?

It makes fun of itself. If I tried to point out everything wrong with it I'd sound stupid too. It'd be like making fun of a clown.

Honestly, there's having a valid opinion and there's being an ignorant bigot. I realize that sounds ignorant in itself, and if I wanted to sound professional I would consider every viewpoint, but more important ideological conflicts are being clogged by schlock like this. Whether you agree with the homosexual lifestyle or not is up to you, but this proposition is outrageously regressive, and I fail to find a difference between saying "being gay is wrong and that's my opinion" and saying "being black means you're inferior" 50 years ago.

Well, I was going to make a valid statement, but South Park was fresh in my mind. I agree, you do sound like an ignorant bigot. You think homosexuality and race are akin? I'm not even going to argue this point as the fact you think it is so makes my case hopeless. Clearly, we do not see eye to eye and an Internet argument isn't going to change that.

The definition of bigot is someone who is completely intolerant/ignorant of someone else's views/lifestyle. So I guess we're both bigots. Let's let the tie go to the person that isn't supporting a proposition that is going out of it's way to make people unhappy for what is known to be the flimsiest reasoning ever to be repeated throughout history. I win.

P.S. South Park makes fun of people like you, so I don't know why you're citing that as a source.

P.S.S. You took a good, rational approach to ending an Internet argument, which I completely agree, are useless. But that message got scrambled by the condescending way in which you flung me off and called me a bigot at the beginning of the message. I suppose if I believe internet arguments are useless I'm being a hypocrite. But I guess you're a better person in that regard. That's fine with me, I'd take internet hypocrisy over intolerance any day.

P.S.S.S. Matt Stone and Trey Parker are gay. Surprise!

I would assume anyone who opposes gay rights hates going to sports games, with the constant chanting of "We Will Rock You" and "We are the Champions", both written by the gay (and late) Freddie Mercury.

They also probably hate Elton John and NPH

Kiristo said:
-FCM- said:
P.S. South Park makes fun of people like you, so I don't know why you're citing that as a source.
South Park makes fun of everything...

In varying degrees of seriousness. But I really don't want to get further into this to be honest. I do regret the last post I made because I really hate getting into fights on the internet and I've never desired enemies on this message board. Despite your views, which I strongly (strongly, strongly) disagree with, you seem to be able to articulate your argument (however much I disagree with it, which is strongly) well enough, and that puts you ahead of the fast majority of internet goers. So I guess I'll just agree to disagree.

That is also a major difference too. We can all agree to disagree as much as we want on the forums and not change peoples minds, but when others try to push their agendas on everyone, regardless of what side it's on, that is where the intolerance comes in.

LinksOcarina said:
That is also a major difference too. We can all agree to disagree as much as we want on the forums and not change peoples minds, but when others try to push their agendas on everyone, regardless of what side it's on, that is where the intolerance comes in.

I admit I have intolerance for people who think because they find something immoral, that it should be against the law.

Rakon said:
They also probably hate Elton John

I thought everyone hates Elton John.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod