Proposition 8

What would you vote on Proposition 8?

• No, I'm a rational human being.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, I'm ignorant/intolerant and learned nothing from the black civil rights movement.

• Yes, but I have a good reason, and better start explaining myself.

• Total voters

-FCM-

Rookie
Proposition 8, if it goes through, will eliminate any kind of same-sex marriage rights in California. I realize that not that many of the other posters here live in the United States, much less California, but I was curious to hear what you all had to say about such an incredibly regressive measure. So when answering the poll, assume you are a California voter.

I'm curious to hear any arguments the other way. It truly bothers me that it is an issue at all.

I'd vote no. It's just discriminating the minorities again. If it passes I'll think that we haven't changed at all over the past century.

If I could, I would definitely vote no. I have two bisexual friends, and a couple we all know are gay/lesbian, but they try to hide it. I don't see why same-sex marriage is illegal anyway. I see nothing wrong with it.

I am a California voter, and I voted no (I get to vote early via mail). I do have doubts as to whether or not this will pass though. I've been seeing tons of ads in favor of it passing, but next to nothing against it. It's also hard to gauge how Californians will vote on stuff like this, despite it being considered a very "liberal" state. We didn't pass a proposition in favor of gay marriage a few years ago.

As a bisexual I vote no, thats enough.

I also vote no because legislature like this is also a distraction for the state, and frankly we need to grow up as a country in order to even be a world player at this point. Other countries have legalized same sex marriage and unions, why can't we if we are the leader of the free world?

I would vote no.

As someone planning my wedding I don't see how a gay couple geting married will take away from our special day.

I can't see how restricting the love of other couples in any way "protects the sanctity/tradition of marriage." Pretty awful.

Who's funding stupidity in America? After watching the commercial Longo posted, I'm wondering how anyone could be so dumb.
Maybe dumb isn't the right word. But 'backwards' seems to fit.

I hate that we cater to bullshit. It always seems the ones with the loudest voice are those who are the most wrong, which they revel in. How do you revel in being a caveman?

BlackStar said:
My God, did The Ultimate Warrior teach us nothing on Queering?

Ohh???
2z4xqup.gif

2a5kqs9.gif

Chris_Crime said:
How do you revel in being a caveman?

Driving your foot-powered car to the drive-in diner where the mammoth ribs are so big they tip your car over?

You should try it, it really is a gay ole time.

Hey Barney, we still on for bowling this week? Wilma's been driving me crazy since I killed our Pelican by mixing cement in it's beak. :roll:

I'm doing pelvic thrusts in your general direction, BlackStar (towards the east and to the north)

Telepathic pelvic thrusts...of freedom.

edit: too much?

Chris_Crime said:
BlackStar said:
My God, did The Ultimate Warrior teach us nothing on Queering?

Ohh???
2z4xqup.gif

2a5kqs9.gif
Is... Is that referee rubbing his thigh? Disgusting!

Let's put it this way about Proposition 8, What would Milk do?
Oh and please don't bash the poor "Yes" voter here, he's the minority here. Give him a hug... hmm... yeah like that...

used44 said:
I can't see how restricting the love of other couples in any way "protects the sanctity/tradition of marriage." Pretty awful.

Yea, hetrosexual marriage is so sacred and precious that nearly half of them end within a couple years...let's not allow 2 gay people ruin how SACRED that shit is...

The only people it offends are older people? I havent done any research or anything. But older people are obviously old fashioned.

Personally I wouldn't care if a farmer married his cow - I'd vote No.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle