Proposition 8

What would you vote on Proposition 8?

• No, I'm a rational human being.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, I'm ignorant/intolerant and learned nothing from the black civil rights movement.

• Yes, but I have a good reason, and better start explaining myself.

• Total voters
Gay people will have gay children who will have gay pets (future possibility: gay toys).

A vote for No on prop 8 is a vote for No on gay pets.

So i voted yes!

Everyone, I'd like you to meet Tinkerbell
2zq7pew.jpg

Yes, the leather gimp strapping was too much to let pass :(

I'm a weak man with even weaker jokes.

Kiristo said:
I think the other people who voted yes are worried about being bashed by everyone else, since you guys all seem to have voted no. Despite picking the middle option, I'll give reason. I'd vote yes. Alot of people don't want gays to be married so they don't get the rights afforded to couples. I'm less concerned about that, as I feel homosexuality is just plain wrong. I believe marriage should only exist between a man and woman. If gays want the same rights, we should give them the rights, but instead of being "married" they'd be "butt-buddies". Instead of man and wife, they could be "butt-buddies". This isn't the same as racial or sexuality equality, so I think that that comparison is foolish. It's not "old-fashioned", it's correct. Blacks being slaves was wrong, not "old-fashioned". Yeah, I'm probably homophobic, but more than that it is simply immoral in my view.

I am curious to how you say this is not the same as racial or sexual equality. Leaving out a group of people for whatever reason, be it orientation, race, religion, if their fat or thin, etc. is more a sin to me then homosexuality, because doing so is immoral. The embracing of diversity is a wonderful thing, and yeah there will always be differences in opinion and the like, but acceptance to those differing opinions is what matters in the end.

So excluding a group of people for whatever reason may not be old-fashioned, but it is archaic thinking.

Douchebag_Intent said:
How can being gay be a sin , God watches you masterbait , that seems pretty gay to me
And the moral of the story is that we're all gay!
Close the topic. There's nothing more to be said. 8)

LinksOcarina said:
-FCM- said:
Kiristo said:
I think the other people who voted yes are worried about being bashed by everyone else, since you guys all seem to have voted no. Despite picking the middle option, I'll give reason. I'd vote yes. Alot of people don't want gays to be married so they don't get the rights afforded to couples. I'm less concerned about that, as I feel homosexuality is just plain wrong. I believe marriage should only exist between a man and woman. If gays want the same rights, we should give them the rights, but instead of being "married" they'd be "butt-buddies". Instead of man and wife, they could be "butt-buddies". This isn't the same as racial or sexuality equality, so I think that that comparison is foolish. It's not "old-fashioned", it's correct. Blacks being slaves was wrong, not "old-fashioned". Yeah, I'm probably homophobic, but more than that it is simply immoral in my view.

EDIT: Nevermind, this post does all the work for me.

In what way?

It makes fun of itself. If I tried to point out everything wrong with it I'd sound stupid too. It'd be like making fun of a clown.

Honestly, there's having a valid opinion and there's being an ignorant bigot. I realize that sounds ignorant in itself, and if I wanted to sound professional I would consider every viewpoint, but more important ideological conflicts are being clogged by schlock like this. Whether you agree with the homosexual lifestyle or not is up to you, but this proposition is outrageously regressive, and I fail to find a difference between saying "being gay is wrong and that's my opinion" and saying "being black means you're inferior" 50 years ago.

-FCM- said:
LinksOcarina said:
-FCM- said:
Kiristo said:

In what way?

It makes fun of itself. If I tried to point out everything wrong with it I'd sound stupid too. It'd be like making fun of a clown.

Honestly, there's having a valid opinion and there's being an ignorant bigot. I realize that sounds ignorant in itself, and if I wanted to sound professional I would consider every viewpoint, but more important ideological conflicts are being clogged by schlock like this. Whether you agree with the homosexual lifestyle or not is up to you, but this proposition is outrageously regressive, and I fail to find a difference between saying "being gay is wrong and that's my opinion" and saying "being black means you're inferior" 50 years ago.

Well, I was going to make a valid statement, but South Park was fresh in my mind. I agree, you do sound like an ignorant bigot. You think homosexuality and race are akin? I'm not even going to argue this point as the fact you think it is so makes my case hopeless. Clearly, we do not see eye to eye and an Internet argument isn't going to change that.

Kiristo said:
-FCM- said:
LinksOcarina said:
-FCM- said:
Kiristo said:

In what way?

Well, I was going to make a valid statement, but South Park was fresh in my mind. I agree, you do sound like an ignorant bigot. You think homosexuality and race are akin? I'm not even going to argue this point as the fact you think it is so makes my case hopeless. Clearly, we do not see eye to eye and an Internet argument isn't going to change that.

This message board was built upon a history of needless quarreling. Who are you to so easily snuff out this tradition?!

I say get out there and make an ass of yourself! Show him who's the real internet boss! grrr!

I do find comparing the black civil rights movement to being gay a little bit undermining of the black struggle done on your part.

Chris_Crime said:
This message board was built upon a history of needless quarreling. Who are you to so easily snuff out this tradition?!

This message board was also built upon a history of gay cyber-sex. VOTE NO ON PROP 8!

Lethean said:
I do find comparing the black civil rights movement to being gay a little bit undermining of the black struggle done on your part.

I'm not saying that the two are equal in magnitude. Clearly the Black race has done far more suffering and far more struggling.

My argument is that the arguments that state "it's just not right" and "this or that is just not meant for them" are no different than the arguments used against he blacks. I'm not saying the movements were equal in magnitude, I'm saying that the ideological forces that resist the movements are one and the same, more or less.

used44 said:
Chris_Crime said:

This message board was also built upon a history of gay cyber-sex. VOTE NO ON PROP 8!

This message board was also built on rock and roll!

We built this message board... We built this message board on Rock and Roll!
We built this message board... We built this messa -- NEVERMIND THIS WAS STUPID!

hums the song to himself...it's just another sunday!..

My buddy Victor runs a same sex wedding chapel in San Francisco's Castro district. He's looking for no on 8 volunteers to help with phoning voters and handing out flyers.
If you live in the Bay Area and want to help or feel like getting married, you should hit him up.

http://www.heartofthecastro.com/

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle