Nier

MattAY

Forum Moderator
Staff member
I'm a bit late to it from being released a month ago. Not given the best review, and OK, I've only played it for 10 hours....but I love this game!!

Think of Baldur's Gate + Zelda (seriously, I swear it actually lifts things straight from Zelda).

It has the classic RPG element to it - levelling, weapons, weapon upgrades, spells etc etc.
It has levels in the form of temples, albeit a bit short compared to Zelda (not to mention a boss that is amazingly similar to Bongo Bongo/Boss in Tower of Gods).
You can fish, farm, ride a boar (my personal favourite ;)), witty banter, and some of the views are the amazing! the texture isnt great, but my god man! I love the game!

Anyone else got this?

Yeah man, I got it. I love it too!

seems pretty rude that no one else will talk about it though?

Pro: It just looks sweet with a cool concept.
Con: It's a trap!
Pro: Talking book...cuz, y'know, I hate reading so he can read himself to me.
Double Pro: Talking book is a badass.
Con: I'm not willing to shell new game money for this.
Con: MattAY is lonely and talking to himself.

so this is kind of like zelda? I loved zelda!

Can you go anymore indepth about the game, I might pick it up used after I am done with RDR

Well it only has elements similar to Zelda. The entirety of the game is nothing like it! But it has temples (aren't as long or puzzling), it has a boss JUST like bongo-bongo. It takes the mick out of getting a new item at one stage with the whole "da da da daaaa" thing. But that's it haha.
It's more like a Baldur's Gate game, but with some Devil May Cry action based fighting in the mix. I just love the RPG element in it so much.

If you aren't a major levelling/classic RPG fan like me then I'd probably rent or buy it second hand haha.

Not bad. In the interest of saving this thread's integrity may I direct you to the chat thread seeing as I've never played this game

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle