NFS: Shift disappointment

Lethean said:
I want a racing game that doesn't have "realistic handling" and all that s***. I miss my old schoolSNES racers and Need For Speed V-Rally. Man that one was fun. For a while it seemed every "arcade" racer was about drifting and now it's all about realistic handling.

That's exactly how I feel. My most played racing game of this whole generation has been Ridge Racer 7. Which plays almost exactly like the old PS titles, except for drafting and a nitro boost.

Lethean said:
I want a racing game that doesn't have "realistic handling" and all that s***. I miss my old schoolSNES racers and Need For Speed V-Rally. Man that one was fun. For a while it seemed every "arcade" racer was about drifting and now it's all about realistic handling.

Try GRID, it's fast and mindless, old-school fun with modern graphics.

SHIFT is actually a very good RACING game. The sense of speed is amazing and the racing style is rather aggressive (not slow and boring driving like in GT or Forza series), in-car view is the best I've seen so far in any game (impressive driver animations with body moving back and forward, you can see correct gear shifting and leg animations during breaking etc.) and you actually have to learn the track and avoid other cars to succeed. Use cockpit view, assists off, manual shifting, turn up the volume and get rid of HUD - great stuff.

Finally a decent NFS game - a perfect mix between the simulation and arcade racing. I mean seriously, that stupid undercover Fast & Furious crap was getting absolutely ridiculous.

Thanks for that. I loved GT3 and the demo for Test Drive Unlimited...Although I'm not sure if the game is as casual as the demo made it seem.

I totally am a sucker for chances to use my racing wheel. If the cockpit view really is so great, maybe I should give it a shot.

im already bored of NFS:S, so definitely just worth a rent, imo. but it HAS to be experienced imo, if you care about dem dere video games.

still stand by what i say about the feel, the sound, and the experience.

it's just unfortunately very flawed in every other aspect. you can literally have every available car in 2-3 hours. some review sites praised that, but no. the grind in games like GT can seem long, but at least it keeps you fightin for something. i can see cutting back on it a bit, but to have the option to have every car in 2-3 hours is ridiculous.

used44 said:
I totally am a sucker for chances to use my racing wheel. If the cockpit view really is so great, maybe I should give it a shot.

rent it for sure.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle