Name a game from this gen that you feel is underrated...

TheJx4 said:
Diabolus said:
TheJx4 said:
Can anyone suggest something for a (somewhat) new PS3 owner? My game library is seriously lacking compared to my PS2 collection.

I mostly play Shooters and Action RPGs, but the exclusives are kind of meh.

(I plan on picking up all 3 Uncharted games though)

Well...my favorite PS3 game is Ninja Gaiden Sigma. Good luck! You're young, you can probably manage the thumb gymnastics...

Ninja Gaiden Black made me stop playing NG for awhile. Then along came NG II on 360. Dear lord. I couldn't get past the fourth boss.

I beat Ninja Gaiden Black on hard difficulty. Ninja Gaiden II, I got to the last boss and had to completely start over because I didn't have enough health items. The second time I got there I beat it.

Sigma is like a better version of Black(in my opinion.)

TheJx4 said:
Which is more difficult, Demon Souls or NG?
NG is far more unfair with it's hardness. Demon's Souls simply isn't forgiving to mistakes. Once you know how to play, you'll hardly die at times when it isn't because you fucked up.

TheJx4 said:
Diabolus said:
StickyGreenGamer said:
Ninja Gaiden (I had the 360 version), more frustrated, I have never been. That game is f****** HARD!

I'm kind of a NG freak. I have Ninja Gaiden, Ninja Gaiden Black, Ninja Gaiden Sigma and Ninja Gaiden II. :)

Which is more difficult, Demon Souls or NG?

I think that Ninja Gaiden requires more skill/reflexes. But Demon's Souls is harder. In DS, you can get one-shotted in the beginning(meaning, you get hit once and you're dead.)

Over all, I think DS is harder.

De-Ting said:
GR_usersonline.png

ALL-TIME RECORD!

Eyebrowsbv31 said:
*daniel

I nabbed metro 2033 for 12.45$ at target about a year ago. always check target.

Then again with CA tax it'll be 55$
That belongs in the treasure thread methinks. I'll go look at Target.

Mount and Blade: Warband for the PC was pretty good and it was kind of underrated. Probably because it looked like a poor man's Oblivion. Like a *really* poor man's Oblivion.

Infinite Space for the DS was ambitious. JRPG space faring game where you customize the layout of your battleships with Tetris blocks... yeah, that's not getting a sequel anytime soon.

De-Ting said:
Does anyone else think we should start letting each other borrow games? Like a GR exclusive Goozex?

I almost posted a GR Gameshare thread last week. but that's a big step in this relationship with the baby coming and all.

De-Ting said:
Does anyone else think we should start letting each other borrow games? Like a GR exclusive Goozex?

That's a sweet idea. I already sent Orange Box to Lethean once.

used44 said:
Just added Mini Ninjas and Endwar to my list. I love this topic!

7.99 at GameStop for Endwar. You should be able to find it cheaper. I think we only paid more than $10 once when we bought it. Give it time, give it a fair shake.

De-Ting said:
The story is just so far left field that it fouls out of the park, so far.
Well, considering you probably weren't far into it, let me just explain one thing.

The story is amazing when you see the whole thing. That said, here's how to see the whole story: (spoilered, though it's mostly spoiler free. Mostly.)
Beat the game, but before you do so read all the files you have. This gives you the basics and the first real parts.
Start NG+. It starts you halfway through and tells you a shitload more. Beat it to get the second ending.
Guess what? Neither of those are the true endings. Beat the game again, this time with all weapons. This gives you the choice between endings C and D. C is absolutely amazing, and D is one of the most powerful endings I've seen in a while. C, of course, has to be done first.
Then read a translated book that'll explain the entire rest of the story to you.
THEN you'll understand it all. Sort of.

cyberjim2000 said:
Mount and Blade: Warband for the PC was pretty good and it was kind of underrated. Probably because it looked like a poor man's Oblivion. Like a *really* poor man's Oblivion.

Infinite Space for the DS was ambitious. JRPG space faring game where you customize the layout of your battleships with Tetris blocks... yeah, that's not getting a sequel anytime soon.

YES!

I also still play Freelancer and Rise of Nations. Two solid games before Microsoft stopped making good games.

StickyGreenGamer said:
used44 said:
Just added Mini Ninjas and Endwar to my list. I love this topic!

7.99 at GameStop for Endwar. You should be able to find it cheaper. I think we only paid more than $10 once when we bought it. Give it time, give it a fair shake.

Eh it's only 100 points on Goozex and I have 3,000. I'll just leave it in my active queue there and I'll probably get it randomly in the next few months.

Eyebrowsbv31 said:
YES!

I also still play Freelancer and Rise of Nations. Two solid games before Microsoft stopped making good games.

Yeah, Freelancer's pretty fun. I remembered spending a couple weeks at a friend's house exploring the galaxy and rage when we get killed by Outcasts (damn cruise disruptors). Too bad they scraped the sequel.

X3: Reunion and X3: Terran Conflict are solid Elite-type space games but I can see why people who over look these games. They're pretty much unplayable when they're released until the developer patches the games up and even release content patches for free.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod