Name a game from this gen that you feel is underrated...

Castlevania was one of the best games of this generation, despite some technical misses.

Will play Nier and Singularity based on suggestions here.

Good thread.

TheJx4 said:
Diabolus said:
I've actually been wanting a good RPG to play lately. I'm getting it ASAP.

I heard Demon Souls was good...

I have Demon's Souls. I've actually been thinking about picking up Persona 4. I've never played a Persona game before, and everyone loves it.

I have trouble getting into Nier. The story is just so far left field that it fouls out of the park, so far. I have to disagree with Longo. The gameplay is uninspired, to say the least. It's not Drakengard bad, but it's definitely "this might have been good eight years ago" bad.

danielrbischoff said:
Castlevania was one of the best games of this generation, despite some technical misses.

Good thread.

The AI in Singularity looks terrible.

Hey, I heard Metro 2033 was good, but it was PC only, never got to try it out. Looking forward to Last Light.

I honestly wish I could say Haze is an underrated gem....but its just.....not.

TheJx4 said:
danielrbischoff said:

Good thread.

Hey, I heard Metro 2033 was good, but it was PC only, never got to try it out. Looking forward to Last Light.

Uh, Metro is on Xbox 360.

Diabolus said:
TheJx4 said:
danielrbischoff said:

Good thread.

Uh, Metro is on Xbox 360.

Oh. Hmm. Didn't know that. Too bad all 3 of my 360's are dead.

danielrbischoff said:
Metro 2033 wasn't PC exclusive....
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002V16T0 ... 70-8432752

Haze :lol:

Anyway, I haven't played Metro but I'd really like to. If I ever saw it on store shelves I'd buy it instantly.

I'm waiting for it to come in on GameFly, I've got like 4-6 more titles to go through first though. But definitely interested in it, teasers and previews got me looking forward to it, looking forward to tearing through it.

Diabolus said:
I've actually been thinking about picking up Persona 4. I've never played a Persona game before, and everyone loves it.
Every SMT game is great. If you're going to get one, though, start with P3P or P3FES, since they're good introductions.

Can anyone suggest something for a (somewhat) new PS3 owner? My game library is seriously lacking compared to my PS2 collection.

I mostly play Shooters and Action RPGs, but the exclusives are kind of meh.

(I plan on picking up all 3 Uncharted games though)

^Just ignore that kid, seriously.

metro 2033 is solid, better on PC, doesn't go with a 360.

the STALKER series I feel is ignored because it's not on the consoles.

Kings Bounty as well was a solid, again eastern european game that was skipped over.

....Tropico 3!

*daniel

I nabbed metro 2033 for 12.45$ at target about a year ago. always check target.

Then again with CA tax it'll be 55$

Eyebrowsbv31 said:
^Just ignore that kid, seriously.

metro 2033 is solid, better on PC, doesn't go with a 360.

the STALKER series I feel is ignored because it's not on the consoles.

Kings Bounty as well was a solid, again eastern european game that was skipped over.

....Tropico 3!

I figured that. It just kind of shouts "PC exclusive", which is why I assumed that.

TheJx4 said:
Can anyone suggest something for a (somewhat) new PS3 owner? My game library is seriously lacking compared to my PS2 collection.

Well...my favorite PS3 game is Ninja Gaiden Sigma. Good luck! You're young, you can probably manage the thumb gymnastics...

Diabolus said:
TheJx4 said:

Well...my favorite PS3 game is Ninja Gaiden Sigma. Good luck! You're young, you can probably manage the thumb gymnastics...

Ninja Gaiden (I had the 360 version), more frustrated, I have never been. That game is fucking HARD!

Diabolus said:
TheJx4 said:

Ninja Gaiden Black made me stop playing NG for awhile. Then along came NG II on 360. Dear lord. I couldn't get past the fourth boss.

StickyGreenGamer said:
Ninja Gaiden (I had the 360 version), more frustrated, I have never been. That game is f****** HARD!

I'm kind of a NG freak. I have Ninja Gaiden, Ninja Gaiden Black, Ninja Gaiden Sigma and Ninja Gaiden II. :)

Diabolus said:
StickyGreenGamer said:
Ninja Gaiden (I had the 360 version), more frustrated, I have never been. That game is f****** HARD!

I'm kind of a NG freak. I have Ninja Gaiden, Ninja Gaiden Black, Ninja Gaiden Sigma and Ninja Gaiden II. :)

I was referencing NG2. I managed to beat the first one. I'm not quite sure I ever beat the final boss on NG2...but damn, I felt rewarded several times making it past some of those levels.

GR_usersonline.png

Diabolus said:
StickyGreenGamer said:

Which is more difficult, Demon Souls or NG?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle