Votes: 0 0.0%
  • the reaping

• 28 weeks later

• 30 days of nights

• Total voters
i meant if you had to choose between them there have been some really stupid movies at the theater lately and the ones worth mentiong are either already on dvd or about to be, all those were good movies but i guess you have to like horror movies

Same here. The only one I'm even slightly interested in is 28 Weeks Later, because I thought the first film was pretty decent for the genre.

Shoulda named the topic "Horror movies of the year!"

But I don't actually watch scary movies, cuz they scare me...

I dont understand why people watch the SAW series. A guy I know loves the movies, and I just can't see the art/entertainment in people getting massacred and mutilated.

Couldn't tell you why someone would watch it for the gore (well, I could, but, it'd be a long, long post), but I thought the first and third Saw films were very well done. The first one was a breath of fresh air compared to all of the hollywood schlock that is thrown about. It had a genuine "twist" that after the Sixth Sense, became very popular.

The third film I thought, while they succeeded in some aspects, didn't deal enough or wasn't written well enough to hold the subject matter. A guy who lost his son must choose to either save the lives of those who killed his child, or condemn them. The potential for that is very strong, but in the end it fell a little flat (mainly because they were focusing on other things more so).

AcidTrip said:
A guy who lost his son must choose to either save the lives of those who killed his child, or condemn them.

That does sound promising on paper. I'm sure it was executed poorly though.

ghostlymatty said:
i agree, saw needs to retire

saw could have stopped after movie 1, and it would have been a much better series. ive always gone to see them with friends though, but im determined to shun this new one.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle