Mass Effect 2

You know what bugs me? The Collectors are EXACTLY like the Chimera from Resistance. I mean, there is almost no difference between them, except that the Chimera are cooler.

Longo_2_guns said:
You know what bugs me? The Collectors are EXACTLY like the Chimera from Resistance. I mean, there is almost no difference between them, except that the Chimera are cooler.
The Story is almost identicle to Halo too.

Just ignore it and enjoy the game, that's the only advice i can give.
Also, i found a Trainer that lets you get *x* amount of resources with a single button press, thus i'm not too pissed anymore.

Also, the [spoiler - after all the party members and learning how to...Omega relay and being in...their disabled ship]
other reaper ship part is an absolute BITCH to get past, with hordes of those damn 'husks' (ie, fucking zombies).
I've just gotten up to the final part where you fuck up it's core, and one of the stupid zombies has decided to get stuck outside the level. Meaning i cannot do anything. I'm stuck. FUCK.
[/spoiler]

The husks are annoying as hell because somehow when they flail their arms weakly at you THEY'RE ABLE TO DO MORE DAMAGE THAN A FUCKING ROCKET.

What the fuck, Bioware? What the fuck?

Well I just power gamed through my second playthrough of Mass Effect, this time as a middle of the road character named Achilles.

My first character was pure good, my second was half and half, and I am itching to do a third as a complete bastard....

But I might just tear into 2 with the guys I got and see how it goes.

If you plan on transferring your character, do your third playthrough with all the choices you want to pass over, with all sidequests done. You get a huge benefit when you transfer a higher level character.

Well, so far both are fairly even.

My first character reached level 51, my second level 54.

If I do a third it will be on insane difficulty and id aim for 60, but that might take more time....and frankly I want to tear into it already.

What I also want to do is film a long ass playthrough of the entire game like a movie.

I just beat Mass effect 2, and I got to say I'm a little pissed off at how things turned out for me.

*Spolier* I lost half my crew ( the red shirts,but angry that the ones with personality were gone ) and Zaeed and Tali bit the dust and I'm uncertain of why ( I had thier loyalty and they seemed like the best pick). NO ONE GETS LEFT BEHIND...and I failed

I'm about to go round two with it but I got to know what the fuck happened and how can it be avoided.

P.S Giving out hugs makes for a good laugh after you just slaughtered abunch of chumps

First thoughts after picking up the first few crew members.

I like the fringe vibe that is going. Omega is a wild west boom town and the entire "recruiting" process so far reminds me of "The Magnificent Seven" (which is basically a U.S version of "Samurai Seven," one of my favorite movies.) I am also liking the involvement of your "backers" a lot more than I thought I would, although I have to admit that it's.....interesting to see the other side of things.

And frankly, the characters are all well rounded thus far. I particularly like the Salarian scientist, he just reminds me of myself in some ways....

LinksOcarina said:
. Omega is a wild west boom town and the entire "recruiting" process so far reminds me of "The Magnificent Seven" (which is basically a U.S version of "Samurai Seven," one of my favorite movies.)

Don't you mean Seven Samurai?

LinksOcarina said:
And frankly, the characters are all well rounded thus far. I particularly like the Salarian scientist, he just reminds me of myself in some ways....
Yes, i especially love Miranda. Aussie accents = infinite win. Really wish she was one of the female romance options.

..hmm, i wonder if i could adapt the mod for dragon age that does that and..

madster111 said:
Yes, i especially love Miranda. Aussie accents = infinite win. Really wish she was one of the female romance options.

She is, isn't she? I think it might happen after the credits.

As for me, I'm not cheating on Liara as that could ruin a relationship in the third one.

Lethean said:

As for me, I'm not cheating on Liara as that could ruin a relationship in the third one.
...What?
I thought there was only Jacob, Kelly, Garrus and Thane..

Also, i wouldn't cheat on Liara too, except she was a bitch when i went to talk to her. And i think her voice actor changed.

Longo_2_guns said:
Miranda sucks. So does Jacob. And Thane. And Sub Zero. Grunt is okay.
Mirandas the best of them though.

I don't know. Maybe it's just the aussie accent, but she's hawt to me.

Bioware has a strange mentality. Mass Effect had major flaws like cumbersome inventory management system, awkward Mako controls and boring planet exploration, but instead of fixing or improving it all, they decided to take everything out. Kind of lazy, don't you think?

Also, the story structure in their games is always the same and very predictable. Dragon Age had Archdemon. Mass Effect had Reapers and ME 2 comes with Collectors. So there you are running around, doing quests, collecting your party and before you know it, the final mission is done and the game is already over. By giving away the main goal so early into the game, they're taking away a certain kind of surprise or excitement. I'd prefer you don't know where the story is eventually going, just like watching a good old action movie.

ME2 blows you away with an intro straight out of a huge Hollywood blockbuster, but then it slowly turns into some kind of space opera where a lot of characters and their stories feel forced and superficial. The gameplay is basically shooting around and taking cover in beautifully created, but very small, limited and vapid environments. Yes, the space is supposed to be cold and lifeless, but it's no way limited or small...

madster111 said:
Lethean said:

...What?
I thought there was only Jacob, Kelly, Garrus and Thane..

Also, i wouldn't cheat on Liara too, except she was a b**** when i went to talk to her. And i think her voice actor changed.

I thought so too but upon looking into it, it can happen after the credits I guess.

A shame that Liara is a bitch in this one.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133