Rock Band vs. Guitar Hero III

-FCM-

Rookie
This was significant enough to make a topic I feel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_Band_(video_game)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guitar_Hero_III

So Rock Band's song list kicks the shit out of Guitar Hero III's, and it only has like a third of the songs listed. We're not talking about good song density here either, I mean there are more good songs in that little list of what is known about Rock Band than there are in that entire thing of Guitar Hero III songs.

Why both games INSIST on having Mississippi Queen, even if it's a cover, is beyond me.

But yeah, there are some gems on Guitar Hero III, such as Paint it Black, a better Weezer song, and finally some contemporary representation in these games. I don't really care about Muse or The Killers, but it's nice seeing them in there, and the Kaiser Chiefs is a nice surprise too. But nearly all of the songs listed for Rock Band are really solid.

Anyways, discuss...

I heard they were going to add song updates for RB over time, some free some cheap, to make the song list massive.

But my question is on RB for 360, all the instruments are corded. How do you plug in all 4? Are there USBs in the back that I didn't see?

Both also have Reptillia by The Strokes, which is a pretty good song.

well first off trusting wikipedia is suspect, secondly guitar hero is going to focus on soungs that rely primarlily on the guitar where as rock bad will have songs that are more spread out to all the instruments, and longo there are 2 usb ports on the back of the 360, but there kind of a pain in the ass to get to exspecialy if you have your 360 in an entertainmetn stand like i do

^ Yeah, the orignal creators of Guitar Hero, dumbshit.

winkwinkwinkjkjkjkdoyourhomework

Note though GH 3 has some very solid hits on it.

One- Metallica
Number of the Beast- Iron Maiden
Through Fire and Flames- Dragonforce
Even Flow- Pearl Jam
La Grange- ZZ Top
Rock N Roll all Nite- KISS
Welcome to the Jungle- Guns N Roses

Remember this is only a handful, considering there are seventy songs in the game.

Rock band is an ambitious project for starters, and it's success or failiure ultimately depends on how popular it becomes. I will be getting both eventually so it won't matter much to me, but Guitar Hero 3 looks like it will successfully evolve under Neversoft, and the track listing, in particular the ones above, are very strong.

However, a lot of the Rock Band songs, in particular:

Blitzkrieg Bop- Ramones
Learn To Fly- Foo Fighters
Enter Sandman- Metallica
(Don't Fear) The Reaper- Blue Oyster Cult
Won't Get Fooled Again- The Who

Are actually songs I would love to see in GH 3. I know Harmonix has no say with GH anymore, but it would be cool to have them and Nerversoft collaborate and put songs in both games. They are doing it with some of them, like Mississippi Queen, Paranoid and the Beastie Boys song (which really doesn't fit in this, doesn't it.)

So it goes both ways. Do you want One or Enter Sandman, Don't Fear The Reaper or Cities on Flame and Rock and Roll? There all good, it's all preference now.

I try to stay away from anything EA and the fact that they're some what involved in RB disappoints me. I also don't want to shell out $200 for the whole game. Although I would like to see what Freezepop has to offer, their "Less talk more Rokk" song was crazy fun.

Im probably gonna work overtime so i dont have to pick or choose, just get them all. also, anyone think im missing much if i skip rock the 80s? cause i really dont think i need that one with all this goodness just months away.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle