Guitar Hero requests

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by TheNesMan, Oct 20, 2007.

1. TheNesMan

TheNesMan Rookie

After seeing the Guitar Hero 3 song list I'm actually rather disappointed with most of the songs they chose to put it. I'm sure you all feel that certain songs should've made it into the GH games, so which ones are they? Considering they put Kool thing by Sonic Youth in GH3, I don't think it would've been too much to ask to put in Teenage Riot. I've always wanted to see All along the watchtower by Jimi Hendrix (the original by Dylan wouldn't have suited GH much). I wouldn't have minded seeing some Pink Floyd in there, I've always enjoyed the Guitar solo in Another brick in the wall. And where the hell is Hotel California?

2. LinksOcarina

LinksOcarina Rookie

The problem with Pink Floyd is that it's better suited for Rock Band over Guitar Hero.

That goes with The Beatles and Led Zeppelin, in my mind as well. It is too spread out for those bands, so they would fit in that game.

That being said, a song like Comfertbly Numb would fit in Guitar Hero, so it would be cool to see that.

I'm more pissed that a song like Hotel California is not in there. That I agree with!

3. MrHimashi

MrHimashi Rookie

That Dragonforce song makes all of the other bad songs okay.

4. LinksOcarina

LinksOcarina Rookie

Oh yes...that will be fun.

Besides, there will be downloads for songs too...I am waiting for Master of Puppets, Aces High, Way Cool Jr. and Justified anyway.

5. Hawk_one

Hawk_one Rookie

As long as I don't get stuff based on mainly one chord and a few tones, I'm happy.

6. Tyrranis

Tyrranis Veteran

Perhaps they should get a few songs from other games. Those solos in Holy Orders (Be Just or Be Dead) would be wicked as to play.

7. Lord_Fornelius

it's nice to see (old) Metallica on the list, but i would prefer a song that isn't as long as "One" is. I would also like to see an old Avenged Sevenfold song. Oh, and some Mercyful Fate.

8. Hawk_one

Hawk_one Rookie

Hmmm... I'm thinking "Everlasting Love" from We love Katamari myself.

OK, maybe not really that one, it's probably too easy to play the guitar on. But just for a second, that would be a bit of fun. :D[/b]

9. Longo_2_guns

Longo_2_guns Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

If anyone has heard the Metal Gear theme on Guitar, that would be awesome.
    If not, this video has it. The video itself is just a bunch of pictures of Solid Snake.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLAJa_Jghf4

10. GodsNDevils

GodsNDevils Rookie

Putting video game music in a video game is old and redundant to me.

They need to put music based on games though? Best example would be "Gears of War" by Megadeth. That would be a fun song to add.

11. subcalvin

subcalvin Rookie

hey, no AC/DC? what gives? that just pisses me off. atleast they got chilly peppers this time.

12. TheNesMan

TheNesMan Rookie

I didn't bother including video game songs or else the flashman theme from megaman 2 would've been my number one pick.

13. Hawk_one

Hawk_one Rookie

[off topic]Only Flashman's stage? Mega Man 2 and 3 had a plethora of awesome scores, several of which could probably be turned into some cool rocking medley thing...

But on the other hand, I feel that they are in fact perfect as they are, with their 8-bit MIDI sound. It was as if the composer took a good long listen to figure out how he could turn the limitations of the NES into his advantage, music-wise. And you don't mess with perfection, do you?

[/off topic]

14. Tyrranis

Tyrranis Veteran

15. TheNesMan

TheNesMan Rookie

I said it'd be my number one pick, hence why I only mentioned one of the songs =p. I would definitely throw in half of the megaman 2 soundtrack though.