man what happened to pro wrestling

I mentioned this thread to one of my friends at lunch and he admitted to DVRing RAW every week. He and his wife (who he has converted to the World of Wrestling) both watch it together and skip the crap they don't like. To say the least, I was surprised since he's really "mature" (not a man-boy like me) and doesn't like video games and stuff like that. Not to mention that he is the VP of Marketing at his company. Guess the viewership is a little more diverse then I thought.

De-Ting said:
Which is funny, because if you get it and you understand how the business works, you don't watch it.

I understand you're just trying to get a rise out of us 'gay wraslin rednecks'. But by going by the context of your posts, you don't know a single thing about the business post 1985. I task you with watching a month of WWE programing. Two hours each Monday for four weeks. Then maybe you'll know what you are talking about and then I will be happy to accept your qualified opinion.

Or don't. I don't care. So far you've rambled nothing I have not heard before and I'm sure this post will only encourage more of the same.

That's the response I'd expect. You didn't say anything to correct me or counter what I had to say. I have heard more than a month's worth of RAW coming from my brother's TV. I know Seamus, The Big Show, The World's Strongest Man, Chris Jericho, Randy Orton, that midget guy, John Cena, Triple H, the Miz...

Point is, I'm not ignorant. The show's too over-the-top and idiots think it's real. But if you know that and you still get enjoyment out of it, you're either watching it for it's comedic value or you're able to look past all of it flaws....good on ya.

Now good day to you sir!

Would counter or correction have done any good? I think it would be interesting though for you to take me up on my challenge. It'd be cool for you to start up a new thread, kind of like a running blog, detailing your thoughts and opinions after watching each show.

Oh, that is a good idea! I mean I'd read it. Bash as much as you want, De-Ting, but beware, for when you stare into the abyss....
abyss6742.jpg

OMG there was alot of replies to this and omg a thenesman appearance its been years man. Lol. I watch wrestling here there on and off and the problem is i guess is its too kiddish now im not sasying that it has to go totally jerry springer like the time henry and mae young *cringes* but watching hornswaggle be a pro on nxt and be in the royal rumble was just painful. Also the last 4 rawd from what i saw sadly i did cause i wanted to see wrestlemania were some of the biggest wastes of time i have ever seen. also the tag division which was always a staple in wrestling is dead as well. im just wondering if mcmahon lost his mind with booking or has wrestling done everything it could possibly do

For all my fellow old-school wrestling geeks, I have something you're hopefully already aware of, but if not, I present to you: Deadspin's Dead Wrestler of the Week.

To quote Deadspin, DWotW is: "An occasional feature in which the Masked Man, Deadspin's pro wrestling correspondent, honors the sport's fallen and examines their legacies."

The articles include videos and range a wide array of personalities and topics, from The Ulitmate Warrior to Miss Elizabeth, from the ECW to Linda McMahon's Senate bid.

It's an absolute must-read for anybody interested in pro wrestling, or even if you have any interest in television and popular culture and the way it all fits together. Here's an example of the incredible writing, from the latest obituary of Captain Lou Albano:

Much of the story of wrestling is the story of its slow liberation from its old moorings â€â€

Awesome read thanks used, anyone seeing wrestlemania tomorrow? Im considering skipping it the matches dont seem too appealing this year

Yeah definitely read the Owen Hart one. I'd link to it if their new site wasn't so awful.

I think 'Mania has some decent match-ups on the card, but I just can fathom paying $50+ to see it. If Undertaker/Michaels couldn't get me to shell it out the past couple years, then nothing likely will.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle