So what happened to dUKE?

Sorry if there is a topic out there about this but I wasn't able to find a direct answer and yes, perhaps if if I was here more I'd would know the answer to my question but, where's dUKE and what happened to him?

I know he's left but for reasons I do not know and I hope that someone who does know would gladly share.

PS: and I just realized that in 7 days I will be officially 10 years old, hold the applause.

I heard he was let go by corporate. He was going to post a goodbye feature on the front page but nothing came out of it.

I think GR became part of a network, who became part of a network, who didn't like being cool. Hence, no more dUKE.

Happens all the time. It's a vicious cycle.

He got the boot. Left bitter (who wouldn't have, of course). And yeah, he never did post any goodbye topic as he promised.

Oh well. He wasn't much a big fan of the community anyway. I appreciate his work as the founder of my favorite website, but the site is better without him.

used44 said:
Oh well. He wasn't much a big fan of the community anyway. I appreciate his work as the founder of my favorite website, but the site is better without him.
LOL used for Funniest Poster!!!

De-Ting said:
used44 said:
LOL used for Funniest Poster!!!
used isn't joking. Duke Ferris is a great guy, but the fact is the site has and is changing as well as improving.

Poor fellas. You've been away from excellence so long, you've forgotten what it is. Sure, the place isn't as bad as it was after the dUKE left, but it still isn't "better."

I admit I miss Duke like everyone else, and most of the changes since them have been for the better.

Although I must admit I don't read reviews on here anymore, I just hang out and comment like I always do.

UghRochester said:
used isn't joking. Duke Ferris is a great guy, but the fact is the site has and is changing as well as improving.

Changing?
1355808475062.gif

to be fair... at least it's no longer in beta...? r-right??

Time for some dUKE trivia!
did you know most of the old GR graphics (front page designs) were done by--you guessed it--dUKE himself?
cover06.jpg

Unfortunately, the hd wasn't backed up and the old printer computer was scrapped during the office move.

spartan317 said:
why do you keep putting dUKE? is there some other person ya'll are referring to?
Have you ever typed something without noticing Caps Lock was on? The rest is history...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod