So what happened to dUKE?

I never actually watched any of them. They seem to have been scrubbed from the site. Or else I searched wrong.

So stupid though. The site was so lazy under Duke's control at the end.

The whole thing seemed like a gigantic struggle between what Corporate wanted to do and what everyone else wanted to do, which meant that basically nothing got done.

FrozenBacon said:
The true GR died when it got brought by crave.

Quoted because what Frozen originally said is too true.

Duke was great, he just didn't have any contribution to the forums (who does besides Dan anyways?) Once Crave bought the site everything started going to sh!t. The white background, the ads, the ads, the ads. GR still gets hit with spambots.

It was sad to see him go but that's life. GR is, and always has been, about the people.

Oh hi.
Sorry, I was reading the paper. Says Instagram is backing off their policy changes amid unhappy users threatening to take their portfolios to rival services.
"The interests of the site is never 100 percent aligned with the users, and the divergence inevitably leads to friction. It's unavoidable."
You said it, buster.

Concerning the topic, Crave and Crave's new owner just sort of inherited dUKE's wealth, or rather purchased it. "Inherited his headache is more like it," Daniel says.
Oh, Daniel :p ;) :D what a dick; I still love him, though.

So like horseflies to a cracked open cesspool, we swarmed onto this site for a reason...to fuck one another and lay our eggs on the foul, soupy membrane. And that we did. But a forever 51 percent of everything we fell in love about GR's home page is now missing. It's been a battle of percentage points ever since, a slow, plodding battle.

In search of a silver lining? Toot your own horn, fellow GR member, it's you! The community actually hasn't changed much, it's just stuff has changed around us. It's still the same slow, sometimes outspoken, needlessly drama-filled classic message board it has always been. (but damn it all if we're not the best slow, sometimes outspoken, needlessly drama-filled classic message board in town! who's with me???...thanks, Ugh.)
It'll remain that way so long as we keep out of its way. but...the interests of the site is never 100 percent aligned with the users.

2013. Oooh, the ominous one three. A harbinger of change? Who cares. Just so long as you don't go changing on me, forums :crying4:

Also, to clarify what I meant in the post. I really wasn't around for old GR. I was most likely here after Crave purchased the site. From what I seen, the site has improved. Yes, it's never going to be "old GR," but it's still a great site. GR has a great staff (so far). Take a look at Daniel, he has a shitload to do writing reviews, creating manifesto entries, traveling, etc. He still takes the time out of his to post and play video games with the community. Daniel is awesome as well as the rest of the GR staff.

I was here for "old" GR and I never found the community interesting enough to become a part of until now. I came for the cheats and news. I returned for show.

Wes said:
FrozenBacon said:
The true GR died when it got brought by crave.

Quoted because what Frozen originally said is too true.

Once Crave bought the site everything started going to sh!t. The white background, the ads, the ads, the ads. GR still gets hit with spambots.

:cry:

spartan317 said:
I was here for "old" GR and I never found the community interesting enough to become a part of until now. I came for the cheats and news. I returned for show.

the great april fools prank is not something that can be appreciated through just hearing tales alone, I believe true oldschool GR community ties were established that day, shit on the next day, and every day henceforth, but never the less, a community defining moment

danielrbischoff said:
LinksOcarina said:
I thought Alex did that on her own behest.
What self-respecting woman, no, GAMER would do that to themselves? It was not Alexandra's idea....

What I meant was she said it was ok to do with her as the model.

Sexist or not she gave the thumbs up on it, at least that is what I remember reading. I could be totally wrong.

LinksOcarina said:
danielrbischoff said:
LinksOcarina said:
I thought Alex did that on her own behest.
What self-respecting woman, no, GAMER would do that to themselves? It was not Alexandra's idea....

What I meant was she said it was ok to do with her as the model.

Sexist or not she gave the thumbs up on it, at least that is what I remember reading. I could be totally wrong.

assuming you are correct, she thought the best move for a new career was to objectify herself willing, including bouncing around, for absolute shit ratings

That only would be true if she was an idiot, and in that case, there's laws against working the mentally challenged, and I'm sure the courts would shit bricks if you put someone with down-syndrome and made them read the news in a bikini

ironically, the same website that chastised bmx xxx over nudity, for being needless eye candy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle